ADVERTISEMENT

Organizational Changes & Calipari

KAB Cats

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2023
I'm not sure if this is a conspiracy theory or observation. Probably somewhere in between.

But I ask myself, if I had an employee who was a silo, responsible for significant revenue and at-risk of departure (voluntarily or involuntarily), what would I do to limit organizational risk in a transition?

In a team environment, I'd cross-train, an option that isn't available here, but given that limitation I can partition responsibilities to minimize risks.

I'd start by separating the duties of that person that can be delegated elsewhere. I'd sell the employee on my vision of streamlining operations, selling it as benefit to that person (and it very well may be) and pitch them with the directive of creating a lasting impact. My over-arching goal would be to ensure that the the transition of responsibilities would take place as smooth as possible, limiting risk to the specific talents of that individual. I'd want modularity in responsibilities, oversight going beyond the siloed employee I'd also talk to said employee, sell them on my vision of the future.

tldr; I am not saying Calipari is for sure gone next year, but my intuition tells me that some of these actions are in actuality preparation for this happening (whether it be next year or after).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News