ADVERTISEMENT

Oppenheimer

I'm going to see it. Can't believe it warrants Imax premium though. Don't really need to see Matt Damon's mustache pop that much.

Reactions: J_Dee
If you want a more detailed look at Oppenheimer's life, read the book the movie is based on: American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Martin Sherwin & Kai Bird.

If you want a more detailed look at Oppenheimer's life, read the book the movie is based on: American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Martin Sherwin & Kai Bird.

Lol @ reading a book

No thanks I will wait for the movie to come out....oh I guess my wait is over. 😂

I got a ticket for the XD showing in the morning. It's crazy there are only like 11 showtimes for this on Friday, but over 30 for Barbie. To be fair, it is over an hour longer, but still.

Got back a little bit ago from seeing it. Beginning was a bit weird and the end felt dragged out, but the middle was excellent. I'm sure it will be one of the leaders for Academy Awards.

Reactions: JDHoss and J_Dee
I got a ticket for the XD showing in the morning. It's crazy there are only like 11 showtimes for this on Friday, but over 30 for Barbie. To be fair, it is over an hour longer, but still.

I hope Barbie does well and I could be completely off the mark with the following assessment, but I think it's going to bomb. It's definitely going to open strong but it just doesn't seem to me to be a movie that's going to have legs.

I hope Barbie does well and I could be completely off the mark with the following assessment, but I think it's going to bomb. It's definitely going to open strong but it just doesn't seem to me to be a movie that's going to have legs.
My social has been blown up more than anything else by girls posting Barbie besides maybe when a new season of Vandpump comes on. It’ll open strong as heck for sure.

So you're saying Barbie doesn't have legs?

s-l1600.jpg

I'll probably see both soon. Had no interest in Tenant and thought Nolan had lost his way a bit, but I'm pretty excited for this one. I also love that Barbie was mocked and got perpetually eye rolled when it was first announced but I'm glad people just want to have fun again. Cinema doesn't always have to be Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. If you have an open mind and don't play into the goofy "this is for guys, that is for girls" mindset, Legally Blonde is a great movie too.

I'll probably see both soon. Had no interest in Tenant and thought Nolan had lost his way a bit, but I'm pretty excited for this one. I also love that Barbie was mocked and got perpetually eye rolled when it was first announced but I'm glad people just want to have fun again. Cinema doesn't always have to be Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. If you have an open mind and don't play into the goofy "this is for guys, that is for girls" mindset, Legally Blonde is a great movie too.
This! We need more people like you! Who gives a shit what others like or don’t? Enjoy what you do.

I don’t go to John wick 47 to learn about Serbian politics with the Czechs during the breakup.

Can I just watch some fun stuff and relax for two hours in an AC’d theater without a care I the world what’s going on outside?*

*that being said I do always carry in movie theaters. No way I’m getting stuck in there with no way out.

Jesus christ, that movie is three hours long? Why can’t directors tell a decent story in two hours? Hard pass on this one.
Guys like Nolan rarely stop at the two hour mark. Without seeing it yet, I think I'm okay with it's length. Complex story with lots of ins and outs as The Dude once said. The Last Podcast on the Left just did a series on The Manhattan Project that totaled close to 12.5 hrs. Every Korean movie I've ever seen is well over two hours too so I think we're just catching up with the rest of the world, making seeing a film an experience and hopefully worth your time and money. Americans will also sit and watch Cobra Kai or a Netflix crime docuseries for hours so I don't have much of an issue with the current state of film lengths.

I think differently. It's a social thing now. Especially for women. There will be multiple tickets bought. There will be a lot of go see it with my boyfriend, go see it with my mom, go see it with my friends viewings.

Can’t imagine what it felt like to push that button the first time and not be 100% sure that you weren’t initiating a chain reaction that could destroy everything.
I know right? They thought they would ignite the atmosphere possible. It was also made to use on Germany.

Reactions: chroix and J_Dee
Saw it last night, acting was outstanding. Murphy should be a shoo-in for best actor and Downey for supporting actor. Damon and Blunt were solid too. Nolan's use of sound and kind of dreamlike sequences were cool and kind of experimental filmmaking. My only criticism is editing could have been tighter, easily could have trimmed 30-45 minutes and still had a great movie.

Guys like Nolan rarely stop at the two hour mark. Without seeing it yet, I think I'm okay with it's length. Complex story with lots of ins and outs as The Dude once said. The Last Podcast on the Left just did a series on The Manhattan Project that totaled close to 12.5 hrs. Every Korean movie I've ever seen is well over two hours too so I think we're just catching up with the rest of the world, making seeing a film an experience and hopefully worth your time and money. Americans will also sit and watch Cobra Kai or a Netflix crime docuseries for hours so I don't have much of an issue with the current state of film lengths.
Yeah, if the movie is good (which this one is supposed to be) I like a movie to be long. I feel kind of cheated when a decent movie is only 1:30.

I enjoyed Oppenheimer it was pretty intense and had some artsy parts I thought it was cool. It was definitely a shorter 3 hours than MI:7.

Barbie opened to $155M domestically, Oppenheimer $80.5M. Fantastic numbers for both. Hey, I guess sometimes memes work.

Thought Oppenheimer was great and reminded me of JFK in several respects. Really doesn't feel it's length and I'd say the first 90 minutes or so flew by. Loud as hell, but that's a Nolan trademark. The Dark Knight might be the loudest movie I've ever seen. Opp will clean up during Awards season.

As for Barbie, it's a social media campaign that worked wonders and shows that sometimes people just wanna have a good time and laugh. Saw a few in a random comments section elsewhere "upset" that Barbie did so well and was #1. The "what is happening to our country that something like that made so much!" types. Never be like that about something as silly as a Barbie movie lol.

Barbie opened to $155M domestically, Oppenheimer $80.5M. Fantastic numbers for both. Hey, I guess sometimes memes work.

Thought Oppenheimer was great and reminded me of JFK in several respects. Really doesn't feel it's length and I'd say the first 90 minutes or so flew by. Loud as hell, but that's a Nolan trademark. The Dark Knight might be the loudest movie I've ever seen. Opp will clean up during Awards season.

As for Barbie, it's a social media campaign that worked wonders and shows that sometimes people just wanna have a good time and laugh. Saw a few in a random comments section elsewhere "upset" that Barbie did so well and was #1. The "what is happening to our country that something like that made so much!" types. Never be like that about something as silly as a Barbie movie lol.
I'm just glad we have summer blockbusters...seems like those haven't happened in forever

True. I feel like I may need to give Tenet a chance now. I've heard it's utterly confusing but I'm back to being impressed by Nolan again.
Tenet was pretty lame honestly. Confusing as all hell and essentially pointless by the end of the film.

Loved Oppenheimer though. A bit slow at first and might have peaked a bit early. I wonder how accurate it was?

Tenet was pretty lame honestly. Confusing as all hell and essentially pointless by the end of the film.

Loved Oppenheimer though. A bit slow at first and might have peaked a bit early. I wonder how accurate it was?
Nolan based most the screenplay on American Prometheus a biography on Oppenheimer.

I loved some of the subtle cgi cinematography. There was a scene where Oppenheimer was walking and you could see dust particles

Barbie without legs … Torso Barbie!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT