ADVERTISEMENT

Opening night thread

Good lord Miss State is awful offensively it’s ****ing ugly basketball

Miss State is a Stupid basketball team. Fouled 3 pt shooter 2 times in first half lol

This is an ugly basketball game. The first game was fun. Basketball was played. This one is just butt ugly

He is calling tomorrow's doubleheader and then will be calling games Friday with Lisa Byington and Steve Smith. They have:
UC Santa Barbara vs. Baylor
NC State vs. Creighton
Grand Canyon vs. Gonzaga
Nevada/Arizona State vs. TCU.

No one cares about those matchups anyways fortunately.

On the game if you are msu you have to think no way Pitt hits 8 threes in 2nd half and after hitting 8 n first half only down 1 so not bad.

Reactions: Cawood86
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why do 11 seeds have a play-in game? Shouldn't it be all 16s advancing to play 1s?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why do 11 seeds have a play-in game? Shouldn't it be all 16s advancing to play 1s?

Bottom 4 automatic qualifiers and bottom 4 at large teams have to play in these games.

Personally, I'd go the opposite direction and never make an automatic qualifier play in an opening round--only the bottom at large teams. It would be more fair for those 16 seeds who completely earned a spot, and make the games more interesting to watch.

These NIT games are more compelling tonight then the NCAA tournament games. I have spent most of my night watching Hofstra/Rutgers barn burner, Toledo/Michigan and Liberty/Villanova.

Hofstra wins at Rutgers in OT and Liberty leads Nova coming down to the final minutes here.

Bottom 4 automatic qualifiers and bottom 4 at large teams have to play in these games.

Personally, I'd go the opposite direction and never make an automatic qualifier play in an opening round--only the bottom at large teams. It would be more fair for those 16 seeds who completely earned a spot, and make the games more interesting to watch.

100% agree.

Reactions: KY_Kid
Both games have been good tonight. Hope tomorrow night will be just as good. Pitt guards can shake and bake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT