ADVERTISEMENT

Opening night thread

I got 30 bucks on Texas A&m corpus Christi being up by at least one and a half at the halftime. Lets go!!!!

5 fouls on Missouri State already

WINNER

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I read before the game they led their league in fouls and I figured well I'll take the halftime lead for Texas.
Foul prone team and the refs are excited.
Texas they said have a 91% free throw shooter LOL

I read before the game they led their league in fouls and I figured well I'll take the halftime lead for Texas.
Foul prone team and the refs are excited.
Texas they said have a 91% free throw shooter LOL
They lead their conf but 21 per game. So that just means they basically get to double bonus each half, not terrible. Getting nearly to double bonus in 6 minutes is insane. If they keep it up they won't have enough players left lol.

Well as long as my team rebounds the ball like they did so far through the first half and they keep getting the whistle I feel like I'll win my bet but let's see what happens....

It's too bad he won't accept that his position in basketball is probably being the best assistant coach available. Id take Avery Johnson as my main assistant in a hot second.
I don’t mind his analysis, I’d rather hear guys talk that actually know the game.

My guy from the Congo in the post looks pretty damn good for Texas Southern whatever A&m crispy Chrispus

I have no rooting interest, but I do now, let's get you that money! lol
Okay I got a second bet. I need Jalen Jackson the point guard to get seven rebounds and win the game to win a hundred bucks off of $5 bet. Lol. He has 1 so far.... Yesssss! You're telling me there's a chance

I'm liking so far what's happening with my team here and my bet 6 minutes to go

Last edited:
Whew that 3 looked like it was taken by a former co-worker.
Lazy-Eye-1.jpg

That was a good time out just now by smu U or whatever.
I'm sure he's telling his team right now look there's this guy bluegrass that can win $30. We got to cut this lead down to one point guys. Come on now we can't let this guy win
Let's go guys 1 2 3 **** the gambler!!!!

They just had an ATT commercial on staring Toppin here in DC during the game

Great story out of the Michigan Toledo game. Ray J Dennis, a guard for Toledo was born with a clubbed-foot. He averages 19.7pts, 4.4 rebs, and 5.7 assists per game. Shoots 49% from the floor and 37% from 3 this season as a senior. He looks like he could fit in at one of these top 5-6 conferences. He's as good as any guard Michigan has.

Carla and Ray already had two daughters, so Ray was excited to find out they’d be having a son. As a former athlete himself, he dreamed of watching his son play sports and coaching his teams growing up.
Those thoughts quickly changed when doctors informed them of the clubfoot diagnosis during a regular prenatal checkup.
“When we got the news that he had the situation, as a dad you are thinking about your son and being an athlete and everything,” Ray Dennis said. “You’re trying to figure out what that means.”
Doctors cautioned up front that he might have limitations.
“We had been told on several occasions to lower our expectations of what he would be capable of doing physically,” Carla Dennis said.
Clubfoot can be treated and corrected on most occasions, at least to a point in which the person can walk normally and not have it hinder them. Growing up to be a Division I athlete is a different story.

The Dennis family went through what Carla called a “very rigorous, hard process of finding and selecting the doctors” to help try and correct the issue. As Christians they also did a lot of praying.
“He went through a corrective process in his toddler years which was very involved with surgeries and other procedures,” Carla Dennis said. “It meant that he started walking at a much later age, but he hasn’t had any issues with it since. That in it of itself has been a pleasant surprise to his doctors.
"They expect you’ll have issues and there are other kids that developmentally aren’t able to do the things that RayJ is able to do. Quite frankly it just hasn’t hindered his quality of life. He went through the process and he hasn’t looked back.”
His first cast was placed on his right foot when he was just six days old, and he eventually had to wear full casts nearly up to his waist on both legs for several months. Most babies should be learning to roll over and crawl and walk in their early months, but Dennis was mostly immobile for the first two years of his life.
“It was a very involved process for a few years,” Ray Dennis said.

But doctors were able to successfully correct the issue, and Dennis had the final cast removed shortly after he turned two. He started walking at a much later age than a typical child — between his second and third birthday.

All right boys let's keep it going. $56 on the over for the second half.
OVER
+81.5
I'm hoping for a close game and lots of free throws.... Stopping the clock

Let's go four for four tonight!!!!
Eating soup beans and betting on college basketball tournament that's Kentuckian right there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT