ADVERTISEMENT

On Brandon Miller

I guess i missed this part, but who did the gun actually belong to?

I guess i missed this part, but who did the gun actually belong to?
Miles and then the other guy killed the young lady. But all that’s talked about here is Miller. He neither owned it or shot it, but hey gotta blame someone right?

Miles and then the other guy killed the young lady. But all that’s talked about here is Miller. He neither owned it or shot it, but hey gotta blame someone right?
Police testimony says he brought the gun to the scene following a text request.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Yep, and surveillance video backs up Miller’s story. Like I said all the talk is about Miller and not the 2 that it should be about

Yes but only because the gun was already in his car from earlier in the night, left by Miles. The text was sent while Miller was already on his way back to the scene. Miller arrived 5 minutes after the text was sent and it hasn’t been determined if Miller ever actually saw the text.

Reactions: blubo
Yes but only because the gun was already in his car from earlier in the night, left by Miles. The text was sent while Miller was already on his way back to the scene. Miller arrived 5 minutes after the text was sent and it hasn’t been determined if Miller ever actually saw the text.
It’s no use. The ones that want Miller to be charged and the one to take the fall will never believe anything else. Only what they want it to be. I’m not a Miller fan or a Bama fan but I can be objective and open minded. What’s funny is if Miller was a UK player the same ones would be preaching innocent until proven guilty and he should be playing. Period. And if they say no we would want him suspended is ****ing lying

All of that story is a speculative version created by you. The bold part is the statement that you insinuate is factual and it is false.
He never pulled up behind Miller's car and turned the lights off. They were driving with their lights off.

When the initial incident occurred Humphrey(Harris's cousin) was driving. They left the bar and crossed the street(University Blvd) and stopped to get something to eat at a food shack. Johnson stayed to get the food while Harris and Humphrey went back and got the Jeep. They pulled out of the alley behind the parking lot for Houndstooth(bar), turned right on Grace St. to the corner of University Blvd.

It is then that Johnson gets in the car(backseat) with the food I believe. At that time Bradley, Miles, and Davis leave the 12/25 and cross the street passing the Jeep. Miles passes by first then Davis and Bradley. That is when the first incident occurred between Davis and the occupants of the Jeep.

When did Humphrey and Johnson switch places and Johnson become the driver? Here is a quote from Miles's defense attorney.
"Miles' attorney said in the Feb. 21 hearing that Johnson, upset with Davis' dancing near the Jeep, got out of the vehicle, crossed the street and talked to three of his friends. Then Johnson, she said, got back into the Jeep and drove with his lights off.

My guess is (speculation on my part) Johnson got back in the car (switching places with Humphrey) and drove off on the strip without realizing the lights were off. This was probably 5-8 minutes before the shooting.

In another article it is stated that it is at this time that Johnson, Harris, and Humphrey looked for a place to park to eat the food they had just got. I believe(speculation) they then circled back around to the alley/parking lot of the Houndstooth bar and possibly ate there.

They then go to leave and try to turn right onto Grace St. but there is an unrelated fight occurring between some women causing stopped traffic. They instead turn left on Grace St. and somewhere turn around and head back down Grace St toward University Blvd.

It is during this time that Miller has arrived and the Jeep pulls in behind Miller's car. Yes Miller's car is technically blocking the Jeep, but it is just happenstance due to the traffic. Not intentional at all. Johnson did NOT pull up behind Miller's car and turn the lights off as you stated. I do not believe Johnson knew that car even belonged to Brandon Miller.

Miles and Davis got out of Bradley's car, which was in front of Miller's and walked back to it.

Now some speculation on my part. It is possible that initially
when Miles and Davis got out of Bradley's car, they were just going to get in the car with Miller. Possibly? Don't know. Maybe they then saw the Jeep behind Miller's car (by happenstance) and then retrieved the gun out of fear, anger, bravado, or whatever reason. That decision led to the unfortunate event that then took place. When the shooting starts Bradley immediately drives away and then Miller. Johnson then drives off turning left onto University Blvd and travels a short distance down by Bryant Denny Stadium.

I am not out to "get" Brandon Miller, but if he had any advance knowledge has to what had already happened and/or about what might occur, he should be held accountable. Even if totally innocent, the situation was handled very poorly by Alabama. There is no way Alabama should have played him right away. I think they played at Vandy two days later.

There is no way, in my opinion, that any school could gather all the facts about what occurred that quickly and honestly feel comfortable playing a player involved in something like that even if he was innocent. Not being immediately charged with a crime is not good enough. There are numerous cases where someone is not initially charged, but is charged later after evidenced is gathered.

With what has been presented so far, I do not think Johnson is criminally liable in any way.

Note: I purposely did not get into the texts that were sent to Miller from Miles since everyone is probably aware of those and the claims of whether Miller ever read them or not hasn't been proven one way
I almost 100% agree with you. Not sure if Bama did an investigation. About 2 weeks later Oats said he had no ideal Miller delivered the gun. Not saying Miller knew the gun was there or not. The trial will be interesting. Bad look on Bama’s part!!

Yep, and surveillance video backs up Miller’s story. Like I said all the talk is about Miller and not the 2 that it should be about
A lot of the talk is because Miller has nothing done to him. The other two are in jail. Bama did like zero investigation!

Can you post a link to the video? I saw the video of Michael Irving today that is at the center of his lawsuit with his lawyer giving commentary and I have to say that I and a number of people who commented online didn't see what the lawyer saw. In fact, I felt the video backed up her story....not 100%....but at least 70%.

It’s no use. The ones that want Miller to be charged and the one to take the fall will never believe anything else. Only what they want it to be. I’m not a Miller fan or a Bama fan but I can be objective and open minded. What’s funny is if Miller was a UK player the same ones would be preaching innocent until proven guilty and he should be playing. Period. And if they say no we would want him suspended is ****ing lying

I see a LOT of people on the other side from you who are just grappling with the facts. Just because Miller's lawyer has said this and that doesn't make it true.

I see a LOT of people on the other side from you who are just grappling with the facts. Just because Miller's lawyer has said this and that doesn't make it true.
And the ones on the other side don’t know anymore than the DA who has not charged Miller with anything.

Agree on some but still some are oblivious to the actual events that even took place. The other thread started today the first person posting started referencing miller grabbing and bringing the gun to miles. I can certainly appreciate all’s opinions and the emotion involved with the loss of a mothers life but think all should at least learn as much as they can before forming they’re opinion instead of just spouting off their guilty version based on things they have heard. Definitely agree on the UK part. If this were say John wall most would be blasting Mitch for not playing him and staring the police didn’t charge him with anything.

Reactions: fabcat
And the ones on the other side don’t know anymore than the DA who has not charged Miller with anything.

You just switched the argument to another aguement that makes no real sense if you are following the story and have an understanding how the system works.

Can you post a link to the video? I saw the video of Michael Irving today that is at the center of his lawsuit with his lawyer giving commentary and I have to say that I and a number of people who commented online didn't see what the lawyer saw. In fact, I felt the video backed up her story....not 100%....but at least 70%.
Nope it hasn’t been released just talked about. Just like the text messages that haven’t been released just talked about. That’s the whole issue. Someone writes their opinion on what should be done and people run with it. Until the DA who has the evidence charges Miller I will presume he’s innocent. If they do, I will take a different stance. Like most rational people would

The ESPN article that put together the timeline of events is the most accurate description any of us have to go on. I have based nothing on millers attorney’s statement. Until the trial, no one here will know much of anything else.

Reactions: SkyPrince1
You just switched the argument to another aguement that makes no real sense if you are following the story and have an understanding how the system works.
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. And yes I’ve followed this fairly close

Reactions: blubo
Nope it hasn’t been released just talked about. Just like the text messages that haven’t been released just talked about. That’s the whole issue. Someone writes their opinion on what should be done and people run with it. Until the DA who has the evidence charges Miller I will presume he’s innocent. If they do, I will take a different stance. Like most rational people would

I doubt the DA will ever charge Miller. As a former state cop, I've seen it a thousand times. That doesn't mean he is innocent. It only means they don't have a strong enough case. That is ALL it means.

The ESPN article that put together the timeline of events is the most accurate description any of us have to go on. I have based nothing on millers attorney’s statement. Until the trial, no one here will know much of anything else.

Do you have a link to the article you are referencing?

I doubt the DA will ever charge Miller. As a former state cop, I've seen it a thousand times. That doesn't mean he is innocent. It only means they don't have a strong enough case. That is ALL it means.
If you can’t charge someone then they’re not guilty of it. If they could charge him they would. Have family that’s retired state troopers and chief of police. I’m not oblivious of law enforcement.

If you can’t charge someone then they’re not guilty of it. If they could charge him they would. Have family that’s retired state troopers and chief of police. I’m not oblivious of law enforcement.

That was completely nonsensical and untrue. You need to have a chat with the retired state troopers and show them your post. They would laugh.

Reactions: JRCAT14
I honestly think if Cal came out after like 2 weeks and said he had no ideal our player brought the gun used in a murder. I would be totally embarrassed for our program! Any one with half a brain would be embarrassed. I would almost guarantee you our player would be suspended for some time. I probably wouldn’t like it but until Bama checked it out more he should of s add t a few games. The pat down continued for quite a few more games. That would of blew my mind if UK let that go on for that long!!

Sometimes don’t they almost know for sure folks are guilty but they can’t find a body!! Lol I don’t think you really mean what you wrote!

Maybe.
All of us could be wrong about one thing or another until the trial is over and all the facts are laid out.
If I'm wrong about the location of vehicles then the ESPN reporter is also wrong..
We are not wrong that an NBA player has been suspended for 8 games without pay for taking a picture while holding a gun. A college player delivers the gun to be used in a murder. The murder took place minutes after it was delivered and the player who transported the gun didn't receive any kind of punishment. Some of his fans thought it was a great idea to wear a t-shirt stating that they were killin their way through the SEC. He also participated in a pregame pat down too. There should have been some type of punishment given for his behavior. There was nothing about his behavior that suggested that he took what happened seriously. He will soon discover that the national media isn't as forgiving as the Bama media.

We are not wrong that an NBA player has been suspended for 8 games without pay for taking a picture while holding a gun. A college player delivers the gun to be used in a murder. The murder took place minutes after it was delivered and the player who transported the gun didn't receive any kind of punishment. Some of his fans thought it was a great idea to wear a t-shirt stating that they were killin their way through the SEC. He also participated in a pregame pat down too. There should have been some type of punishment given for his behavior. There was nothing about his behavior that suggested that he took what happened seriously. He will soon discover that the national media isn't as forgiving as the Bama media.
Excellent post!

Agree.
Miller's punishment will be in the court of public opinion.
His NIL at the next level will be little to none.
He will forever be a controversial figure.

Pasting this from a reply, because I guarantee the same discussion will come up each time Bama wins a game.

Attorney here. Licensed in multiple states, including Alabama. This may not be a popular take, and I probably will be excoriated for it. What do you want to happen? Do you to kill the kid? There has been a lot of misinformation about the incident. Brandon Miller was not going to a “club,” which some extrapolated to mean a strip club. It is the name of a restaurant in Tuscaloosa. The line was long, he dropped the shooter off and said he would collect him later. There is no evidence at all that he even read the text message, and his fingerprints were not on the gun. As soon as shots were fired, Miller himself took the vehicle to Tuscaloosa PD. If you think police are willing to risk pension and benefits to give preferential treatment to an athlete, you do not understand how society works. As it relates to prosecutors, they risk disbarment if they do not vigorously go after each case. There is nothing here. It was a tragedy. From a legal STANDPOINT, there is no argument to be made. I guess you can say the school should have done something, but for what? As much as the “wrong place, wrong time” comments seemed out of line, in a sense Oats is RIGHT. Read all the pleadings. This sanctimonious take, compounded by our Bama hatred (I die Kentucky blue) is just a weird, obsessive position. It is done. Complaining on this board will not bring the victim back. She should be alive, but that does not MEAN Brandon Miller should be in jail or not playing. As a UK fan, I can say that it takes a lot of mental toughness to play through this. As human beings who want vengeance, we can’t accept the fact that he got through this, and even more so that he is thriving. What does Brandon Miller have to do with those shirts? What does Brandon Miller have to do with Oats’ comments? I think the Vanderbilt fans screaming “murderer,” when they could CARE less of a damn about the young woman who was killed, is the real grotesque situation. We need to check ourselves. As someone who loves Clay Travis, I lost so much respect for his need to issue a “hot take” without even researching the minutiae of the case, especially as a licensed attorney. Posting on this board will not bring her back, as much as I wish it could. It will not stop Alabama. It will not STOP Brandon Miller from earning millions. He has zero criminal background. I truly think he is not a bad human being.
I agree with everything you said, but as a "licensed attorney" in multiple states, you should hire a better paralegal to proofread what you write. Retired attorney here, formerly licensed in multiple states, that had to deal with federal judges that would call you on the type of mistakes made in your comments.

Let's discuss this, Miller got a text from Miles asking Miller to bring a gun to him. Miller didn't even stop to ask his friend as to why you need a gun knowing it's a gun free zone on the campus, even the parking lot. It's a felony to have a gun on campus. So, if you want to get technical about it, Miller should have been charged for bringing an unconsealed weapon to Miles and his friend.

Miller needs to be charged with an accessory to commit murder. Miller brought them the gun and in Alabama, even if you didn't commit the crime, you're charged as well.

The university of Alabama should be absolutely ashamed of allowing Miller to play. Alabama only cares about the money instead of doing what's right.

As for Miller, he didn't hesitate one second to bring a gun. Regardless of what the OP or anyone else might say, in the real world if that had been me or anyone else bringing a gun that killed someone, I'm going to get arrested as well.
They were not on campus. If I legally own a gun and ask someone to bring me my legal gun, no crime is committed if they bring me my gun.

Reactions: SkyPrince1
Technically yes but it doesn't mean you will be prosecuted for it.
All I can say is the investigating officers must believe that Miles brought the gun with him without Miller's knowledge and he didn't know anything about the conflict when he arrived at the scene.
I'm sure Miller claims that the reason he went back to the scene was to retrieve the guys he brought there earlier in the night but chose not to stay with them at the club.
He will claim he had no knowledge of a conflict and his purpose on being there was to make good on his word that he would be back to get them not to join them in a beef with someone he never laid eyes on.
I don't understand while everyone ignores the fact that the gun was legal. No different than leaving your keys somewhere and asking someone to bring them to you. While I'm against most people having guns, I've obviously lost that argument and it is legal for most people to possess guns, even concealed. So what is legally wrong with bringing someone their legal gun? I definitely understand the moral, logical and common sense problem, but we are talking about charging someone with a crime here, and I honestly don't see the crime. Even if he knowingly brought his buddy the gun, which the news reports seem to dispute.

Most everyone on this thread, including the OP that spells horribly for a supposed lawyer, know nothing about the law. Quit talking about "accessory to murder" and things like that until you actually understand the law. The kid may have made a stupid decision in going to the scene, but there is nothing illegal about going there, and even taking your friend his legal gun, even if you knew he wanted the gun. We now live in a society where the majority, mostly white conservatives, have determined that everyone should be allowed to possess and carry a gun. Everyone stands up and cheers at the news stories of a citizen in a restaurant that breaks up a robbery by pulling their concealed weapon and shooting a would be robber. However, let a young black kid that plays basketball and makes more money than you have a gun or bring a gun to someone, legally mind you, while that kid plays for a rival, it is immediately time for life in prison. In 86 years, the hypocrisy keeps getting worse.

Most everyone on this thread, including the OP that spells horribly for a supposed lawyer, know nothing about the law. Quit talking about "accessory to murder" and things like that until you actually understand the law. The kid may have made a stupid decision in going to the scene, but there is nothing illegal about going there, and even taking your friend his legal gun, even if you knew he wanted the gun. We now live in a society where the majority, mostly white conservatives, have determined that everyone should be allowed to possess and carry a gun. Everyone stands up and cheers at the news stories of a citizen in a restaurant that breaks up a robbery by pulling their concealed weapon and shooting a would be robber. However, let a young black kid that plays basketball and makes more money than you have a gun or bring a gun to someone, legally mind you, while that kid plays for a rival, it is immediately time for life in prison. In 86 years, the hypocrisy keeps getting worse.
Ad hominem attacks now? This weird fixation and borderline obsession with grammar and syntax is puzzling. Do you want to compare resumes? It is a forum called “Rupp Rafters.” This is not a federal circuit court. Relax. Maybe you should read Kagan’s comments about contractions and why she lets her proverbial hair down when writing informally. Furthermore, please do not use quotation marks as a way to sully my credentials. Was that grammatically sound enough for you?

I appreciate the substance of your points and I agree. No need to attack me personally.

Ad hominem attacks now? This weird fixation and borderline obsession with grammar and syntax is puzzling. Do you want to compare resumes? It is a forum called “Rupp Rafters.” This is not a federal circuit court. Relax. Maybe you should read Kagan’s comments about contractions and why she lets her proverbial hair down when writing informally. Furthermore, please do not use quotation marks as a way to sully my credentials. Was that grammatically sound enough for you?

I appreciate the substance of your points and I agree. No need to attack me personally.
I apologize if I offended you by pointing out your grammar and misspellings. In my generation of lawyering, it was unacceptable. Maybe not so much now in the world of internet blogs and texting. I just thought when you announced yourself as a member of the bar, you should be held to the standard I was always held to. I recognize the forum we are in, and apologize. Having said that, it sounds as though we agree on all of the points that are being discussed. So, again I apologize. Let's support each other in this discussion.

I apologize if I offended you by pointing out your grammar and misspellings. In my generation of lawyering, it was unacceptable. Maybe not so much now in the world of internet blogs and texting. I just thought when you announced yourself as a member of the bar, you should be held to the standard I was always held to. I recognize the forum we are in, and apologize. Having said that, it sounds as though we agree on all of the points that are being discussed. So, again I apologize. Let's support each other in this discussion.
I apologize as well, and I appreciate your points!

Okay, I get what you are saying so explain why Miles is being charged? All he did was "loan" his legal gun to someone else.

As for the racism accusation, that is pretty low. Why go there? It actually reveals a bias that clouds your judgement in this case.

Last edited:
They were not on campus. If I legally own a gun and ask someone to bring me my legal gun, no crime is committed if they bring me my gun.
How do you know he wasn't on campus? It is highly unlikely at some point the car wasn't driven onto campus while the gun was in the back seat of the car. Where was Miller when he received the text to bring the gun. It obviously wasn't at the location of the murder.

If what we know are the facts of the case, then someone answer this for me:
The Miller kid got a text from his friend to bring him a gun and then drove him to the place he shoot this young lady?
So if Miller brought the gun to the man who used it, why is he not considered an accessory? He did bring the gun that was used in the crime, right?
If no gun, then no shooting.
How did the Miller kid have access to this gun?
If his friend texted him to bring the gun knowing he needed it for what seems is an obvious crime about to take place (if not, then why are two young men out with a gun in an argument ?) then the Miller kid either should have called the police, his coach for help, someone but just don't show up with a gun knowing his buddy wanted it to shoot someone.
Being guilty of stupid is one thing, but bringing the gun that was used in a crime and you don't think he should be held accountable for something in all this?
I wonder if the Miller kid did not play basketball and was just another Black kid out in the hood and all the other facts remained the same if he would still be walking around as a free man?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT