ADVERTISEMENT

1.Pitino 2.Donovan 3.Miller. 4. Pearl

That’s tubby’s title and the ‘98 team did not have 9 future nba players. The ‘96 team did. Even Rick has said publicly that he wouldn’t have won the title with the ‘98 team.
96 thru 98. And I agree that Tubby won it where clearly Rick didn't win it with many of those players in 97.

96 thru 98. And I agree that Tubby won it where clearly Rick didn't win it with many of those players in 97.
The ‘96 team had 9 future nba players on the roster by itself. It’s listed in the link. The ‘98 team “only” had 6 future nba players.

Count ‘em

3 of those players averaged a grand total of 12 points. They didn't blossom into NBA players from the 96 season. That is my point. Shep became an NBA player because of MVP status in 98, not from what he did in 96. Nazr averaged 2 points. He didnt become an NBA player because of 96. He simply was there on the bench. If you posted their kindergarden team rosters you could make a similar point you are making.

3 of those players averaged a grand total of 12 points. They didn't blossom into NBA players from the 96 season. That is my point. Shep became an NBA player because of MVP status in 98, not from what he did in 96. Nazr averaged 2 points. He didnt become an NBA player because of 96. He simply was there on the bench. If you posted their kindergarden team rosters you could make a similar point you are making.
Disagree. What I used was an objective metric. Yours was subjective.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
The fact that people think old ass Rick pitino would be a good hire at this point of his career is hilarious … some of these choices I’ve seen and support for others really makes me shake my head lol

Pitino would be a home run hire that would ignite CBB. IMAGINE Pitino in blue versus Cal in Red next year. 2. Donavon. 2 time NCAA Champion and NBA coach with Uk Pitino pedigree. 3. Sean Miller. Basketball phenomena and big time success everywhere he has been can recruit elite players. 4. A winner at every place he has been in difficult circumstances. Players love to play for him. Not much else. After this.
Pearl ahead of them all on your list.

Pitino now is not the same human being
Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: blubo
And here we are. Bring the iconic coach who brought the title to Lexington and rebuilt the program home. If not…..then Pearl, the only who has has what it takes.
I’ll amend to 1. Pitino 2.Donovan 3. Pearl.4.Miller. If we go outside family it should be Bruce and should have from the beginning would have saved all of this nonsense. Pearl would crush it here. He has won everywhere under difficult situations. Brings people together. The NCAA nonsense on him was a farce.

Last edited:
I’ll amend to 1, Pitino bring home the icon say some nice things about Cal. We win the press conference and get the best coach. 2. Donovan. Next in the family 2x champion NBA experience. Big enough for the job. 3 Pearl. We go outside the family its Pearl. Period. These are the ones big enough for the job and we would win big. Enough of these flavor of the month pansies. Follow my advice and this would have done by now.

Last edited:
Pitino would be a home run hire that would ignite CBB. IMAGINE Pitino in blue versus Cal in Red next year. 2. Donavon. 2 time NCAA Champion and NBA coach with Uk Pitino pedigree. 3. Sean Miller. Basketball phenomena and big time success everywhere he has been can recruit elite players. 4. A winner at every place he has been in difficult circumstances. Players love to play for him. Not much else. After this.
It's miller to me. The dude has a similar winning percentage to all three of these coaches. He was left for dead over the wire tap scandal which wouldn't have existed in the NIL world. Not to mentioned everyone was doing it. Including UK. He got caught.. He had Xavier in the sweet 16 this year. Dude is still passionate about basketball, has the charisma for the job and can still recruit with a machine. Only reservation is he doesnt know SEC basketball and this recruiting pool. just not sure he'd take the job.
Miller has the most wins and best winning percentage in a 4-year span currently at 124 wins, while only losing 22 games for a .849 winning percentage. Confused why he's not the clear favorite because statistically its not even close.

You know Pitino would have owned Cal if the roles were reversed. UofL is poverty compared to this university.
thats not true. they had huge boosters in his era there.

False. Pitino needed 9 future NBA players on the roster to win his only title.
I mean Cal had 9 and lost to wisconsin. And Pitino would have had three if DA doesnt get injured.

Reactions: plumdog69
Yea I’d be disappointed if we don’t get Hurley or Stevens. But Pitino would not be a bad hire. Worst case scenario he doesn’t do so well and it give us time to get the coach meant to be here.
Laugh all you want but Pitino would give it all he had just to do what Cal couldn’t. Make us a winning program again. Plus think of Reed playing for his dads coach.

Yea I’d be disappointed if we don’t get Hurley or Stevens. But Pitino would not be a bad hire. Worst case scenario he doesn’t do so well and it give us time to get the coach meant to be here.
Laugh all you want but Pitino would give it all he had just to do what Cal couldn’t. Make us a winning program again. Plus think of Reed playing for his dads coach.
lol huh? Hurley already said no.. The dude turned down 10 million..Stevens has Jason Tatum and prolly the favorite to win the world title.. Why on earth would he come here?

I mean Cal had 9 and lost to wisconsin. And Pitino would have had three is DA doesnt get injured.
This is nonsense. Pitino won the title at Louisville with very few 5 star recruits. I hated it and him for it but it is a fact. The NCAA trying revisionist history is a farce. I think Rick would like opportunity to redeem himself. Give Cal a couple of compliments and we win all the way around.

The Pitino that was here in the mid 90s about 25 years ago isn't the same coach he is today. I like Pitino and am grateful for what he did. The man is 71 years old. He should not be considered for anything other than a game between St. Johns and UK.
He took a bunch of rag tag players and played UConn to a 5 point game.
Mitch isn't hiring Pitino even if he can still coach

No. He has 2 titles. I watched both games. He held the trophy twice …..at 2 different schools. I will wait for the list of candidates you clowns bring up that can say the same.
You are correct. Pitino did win 2 titles although his 2nd title at Louisville in 2013 was vacated by the NCAA in 2018 due to the sex scandal involving recruits. He's the only college coach to have won titles at 2 different schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT