ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS TEXAS A&M GAME THREAD**

I’m now adjusting my record to 23-8 for this team
I still say 10 loss Cal. Going to probably lose 5 more in conference. Every road game is going to be an uphill battle and we won't win every game at home. Don't see us winning the SEC Tournament or the NCAA Tournament and that would be 10 losses.

Why was Bradshaw in let alone taking the 3? What happened to Cal’s philosophy of if you didn’t play in the 1st half (let alone the 2nd half), I can’t play you? Bradshaw effectively didn’t play the whole game.
He is not ready to be counted on against most teams, it seems.

I still say 10 loss Cal. Going to probably lose 5 more in conference. Every road game is going to be an uphill battle and we won't win every game at home. Don't see us winning the SEC Tournament or the NCAA Tournament and that would be 10 losses.
I think they get the ones at home, the road games are the concern much more

Your wrong we make no shooting teams look good, has been a pattern of late
Defense is certainly our weakness at this point. No doubt. But A&M won't shoot like that again for 10 years if you leave them unguarded. You're right though, defense is the problem with this team but we're getting better, believe it or not. Just not consistently. Still, well defended shots were falling for TAM today.

I've been worried about D all season while most of this crowd has been preaching..just score more. I feel ya and we don't win a natty with our d but we're getting there. Even with lots of examples left on the table today...I see good improvement on D. Just still a long way to go rotating and switching out.

TAMU +8 off rebounds
UK 8 missed FTs
UK D allows 46 points in the first half
Tre 3-13 FGA
Reeves 6 points in the second half and OT
Sheppard only 5 FGA
UK led 65-58 with 12 minutes left in the second half and couldn’t put TAMU away

TAMU +8 off rebounds
UK 8 missed FTs
Tre 3-13 FGA
Sheppard only 5 FGA
They can’t put anyone away they won’t step on anyone’s throat win up big, next thing you know it’s a one possession game few minutes later even when up 14 like against Kansas and Missouri

Defense is certainly our weakness at this point. No doubt. But A&M won't shoot like that again for 10 years if you leave them unguarded. You're right though, defense is the problem with this team but we're getting better, believe it or not. Just not consistently. Still, well defended shots were falling for TAM today.

I've been worried about D all season while most of this crowd has been preaching..just score more. I feel ya and we don't win a natty with our d but we're getting there. Even with lots of examples left on the table today...I see good improvement on D. Just still a long way to go rotating and switching out.
Plus #4 shot 2-16 last game for them and #23 is shooting 23% from 3 so against UK they shoot lights out

They can’t put anyone away they won’t step on anyone’s throat win up big, next thing you know it’s a one possession game few minutes later even when up 14 like against Kansas and Missouri
That’s all Cal. He even said he went away from what we do best today. Thanks Cal.

Cal doesn’t coach to blow teams out, he squeezes the ball with a 10 pt lead.

Nope and Big Z isn’t a banger but better offensively then Ugo or Bradshaw, the rebounding won’t change much
How do any of us know what Big Z is? None of us have seen him play yet and I certainly hope he's a lot different than film we've seen of him before coming here. He's the piece we were missing today with AB staying in foul trouble. As bad as our D is, we win with just about any decent big to keep UGO rested. It was a learning experience for a foul prone Bradshaw. Buzz saw that and went at him, making him a non-factor today.

Agreed, it is almost like he is too unselfish
Shep is right where he needs to be coming off the bench. It is one thing to not have the talent so you don't shoot, but it is inexcusable to put all the scoring weight on the shoulders of his teammates because he won't shoot. He passed on a number of open shots. If he is afraid, he should stay on the bench.

Shep is right where he needs to be coming off the bench. It is one thing to not have the talent so you don't shoot, but it is inexcusable to put all the scoring weight on the shoulders of his teammates because he won't shoot. He passed on a number of open shots. If he is afraid, he should stay on the bench.
💯

you are completely correct on this. It’s becoming an issue

Brings a lot for a non-starter. Seem like this should be a more appropriate question of Edwards. This is a shot at Cal, not you, cause Cal likes his lineup.
How many minutes does Sheppard play versus Edwards? Take a look and get back to me.

The stats bear out the fact that we lost the game on the offensive glass (-8). Not that the shooting was great just slightly better than them except from the FT line. TAMU was slightly better there.

We lose in regulation if not for Dilly.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
How do any of us know what Big Z is? None of us have seen him play yet and I certainly hope he's a lot different than film we've seen of him before coming here. He's the piece we were missing today with AB staying in foul trouble. As bad as our D is, we win with just about any decent big to keep UGO rested. It was a learning experience for a foul prone Bradshaw. Buzz saw that and went at him, making him a non-factor today.
Agreed UGO was wore out today but I was proud of his effort today.

TAMU +8 off rebounds
UK 8 missed FTs
Tre 3-13 FGA
Sheppard only 5 FGA
We gave that offensive rebound up and A&M hit a 3 to cut it to 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
How many minutes does Sheppard play versus Edwards? Take a look and get back to me.
And Reed was 4th in scoring yet you take a potshot at him. Maybe look at some of the volume scorers and the number of shots they take and ask why Reed doesn’t take as many. It’s not like the offense is running up against the shot clock forcing these guys to jack up shots cause they are out of time.

yes Reed does pass up some shots but does a lot to help team. Who is the only guy on the floor more than 5 minutes that didn’t get a rebound?

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT