ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS TEXAS A&M GAME THREAD**

Cal doesn’t coach to blow teams out, he squeezes the ball with a 10 pt lead.
I get it with some teams we've had but with this team, our depth, speed and shooting, I agree. I don't think this team should ever slow down if we're shooting the ball well. Still, the problem is on the other end of the floor.

Wagner fumbled the ball. Yet you blame Reed.
That fumble pass was on DJ; however, I have nothing bad to say about DJ because if not for his guard play, we wouldn't have been in a position to take the final shot. Also, having a dumb coach who is unwilling to change defenses when it was painfully clear that we couldn't guard them greatly contributed to the loss.

That stretch where we were up 4 and could buy a bucket for 5 possessions is why we lost. Just bad offense.
But they shot even worse. I had a bad feeling right away when they were diving for loose balls and our guys never left their feet. But to their credit, the Cats never give up even took the rebounding lead. But TAMU was so much tougher down the stretch.

But they shot even worse. I had a bad feeling right away when they were diving for loose balls and our guys never left their feet. But to their credit, they never give up even taking the rebounding lead. But TAMU was so much tougher down the stretch.
It was a meltdown when UK got up 7. Outscored by 10 points over the next 5:00.

Reactions: RunninRichie
💯

you are completely correct on this. It’s becoming an issue
You are only agreeing with me because my comments are about a player you don't like. I haven't forgotten your response to my Edwards' post in the game thread. Edwards is many times worse that Shep. I don't expect you to champion those comments because unlike Shep you like Edwards. Unlike you, I have no issues with being critical of one of my favorite players. I have never seen a single negative post from you about Edwards even though you have lots of material to work with.

Last edited:
You are only agreeing with me because my comments are about a player you don't like. I haven't forgotten your response to my Edwards' post in the game thread. Edwards is many times worse that Shep. I don't expect you to champion those comments because unlike Shep you like Edwards.
I like Sheppard a lot. Don’t think he’s boywonder like some on here but that’s probably because I don’t live in KY.

Sheppard has not been good multiple games in a row. Edwards is what he is, Sheppard has shown he can do more than what he’s been doing.

Reactions: blubo
But they shot even worse. I had a bad feeling right away when they were diving for loose balls and our guys never left their feet. But to their credit, the Cats never give up even took the rebounding lead. But TAMU was so much tougher down the stretch.
I can't count the number of times when we didn't even jump for critical rebounds. This loss is probably good for them because I don't think this team is mature enough to handle a number 2 ranking.

This Kentucky team is pretty tough to beat even though they don't play defense. Coach would use Zone just a little bit I think they'd be damn near unbeatable

Reactions: jameslee32
I like Sheppard a lot. Don’t think he’s boywonder like some on here but that’s probably because I don’t live in KY.

Sheppard has not been good multiple games in a row. Edwards is what he is, Sheppard has shown he can do more than what he’s been doing.
Shep's problem is that he doesn't do nearly enough with the talent that he has. He is too damn passive on offense. Edwards' problem is that he is selfish and tries to do way more than he is capable of doing. He does little to nothing very well.

Reactions: crashtestdummy
If u look at the plus/minus stats he is our leader just about every game
He shouldn't be asked to play every minute, but Cal should be sure he is in the game at critical stretches. Seems like in the second half, when the game got away from us, Reed was watching from the sidelines and rushed back into the game, this time, too late. These other guards are playing foolish at times without discipline. Drives me crazy.

The whole Reed vs Wagner blaming is tiring. It was neither one of them fault alone that we lost . They both did some good but as a team there are a lot of reasons we didn’t win today.

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
They won’t win many road games
It takes a incredibly good team to beat us. Some of you freak out there very everything. This is the team people thought they were getting in the Aggies. There's not a couple teams left on the schedule that can score with us

I was one of the ones that predicted a 11-15 pt win by us in the poll from a few days ago. I never thought TAM would play out of their minds and shoot like they did for the game. I felt pretty good about it then and I'd say the same thing if we played them again tomorrow. They have not been the team that beat us today, this season. But yes, they were that good today. Ya win some, ya lose some but I still think we smoke em 8 out of ten games.

Last edited:
Reactions: cats#1again
Rob was amazing to hit 3 straight 3s to tie the game but he ended the game 3 for 10 from 3.
He pretty much lost the game for us after keeping us in it
Way too reckless
I love that cal is letting them play loose but they need to be a lil more careful on passes and take care of the ball

They can't be trying to improve defensively. They look like a group that doesn't work on defense. Guys losing their man to guard another guys man. It's so bizarre. I truly believe cal went into this season like.... Let's give everything we have offensively and make teams outscore us.
I believe that's the recipe for success too

I was one of the ones that predicted a 11-15 pt win by us in the pole from a few days ago. I never thought TAM would play out of their minds and shoot like they did for the game. I felt pretty good about it then and I'd say the same thing if we played them again tomorrow. They have not been the team that beat us today, this season. But yes, they were thayt good today. Ya win some, ya lose some but I still think we smoke em 8 out of ten games.
I knew when the spread came out. We were in trouble. Refs have a job to do and make sure that happens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT