ADVERTISEMENT

***** Offical UK vs. aTm Commerce thread *****

I don't think anyone knows.

But I would think if a player is practicing, especially extra practices at 2am, he'd be cleared by a doctor. I don't know many sports where players go through actual practices if they aren't cleared medically.
In the NFL, they call it LIMITED when they practice injured because they simply can't go full speed.

I'm not. Just retempering expectations. Not allowing myself to get too up or too down.

Tuesday's probably gonna be rough though.
We has 4 players out.
Theiro is huge for that. And I agree....I will not say what Cal says (because we're going to hear it enough) but I realize they're human. But their effort should NEVER be greater than ours. And at times tonight it was.

Hope this a little bit of reality for our guys. Think we all drank a bit of Koolaid Monday.

It's not because they "can't", it's because they are being throttled back.

You play fantasy, you know this lol.
No it's because they're usually too injured or sick to go full. CTE changed everything with regards to head injuries as well. I get these UK players have leg injuries but there's likely a way to practice without going full speed as well. It doesn't mean they're pussies. It means doctors and trainers have decided they're not ready for full speed and contact that could set them back. Okay. Throttling if you want to use an engine term. Fine. If we only knew for sure. 🤣

We never ever will btw.

Reactions: jauk11
I've said it again and again but never bet on your own team. It's dumb.
What, bet against UK and have to pull for the other team?

Never happen.

Maybe bad to bet on Thug U enough to have to pull for them.

Nah, I don't have enough money to bet that much.

No it's because they're usually too injured or sick to go full. CTE changed everything with regards to head injuries as well. I get these UK players have leg injuries but there's likely a way to practice without going full speed as well. It doesn't mean they're pussies. It means doctors and trainers have decided they're not ready for full speed and contact that could set them back. Okay. Throttling if you want to use an engine term. Fine.

Lol the point is, someone asked if they are medically cleared. If they are practicing, even if it's limited, I would think they are "cleared", they might just be being cautious or sticking with original time lines. Which is fine, I'm just making sure the distinction is known.

81-61 FINAL
Team Comparison
STATISTICTAMCUK
FG%41%48%
FGs23-5632-67
3FG%37%35%
3FGs10-278-23
FT%45%90%
FTs5-119-10
TOs143
PtsOffTO717
TotReb3336
DefReb2527
Off Reb89
2ndChPts713
BenchPts73
PtsPaint2642
FstBkPt123
Blocks23
Steals18
Assts1212
Times Tied:0
Time Tied:0:59
Lead Chg:1
LeadTime11:2027:26

Kentucky Stats

#PlayerPTSFG3FGFTREBAPFTOMIN
0*DILLINGHAM,R124-131-63-4542130
1*EDWARDS,J166-100-34-4711033
4*MITCHELL,T188-111-21-1810032
12*REEVES,A218-145-80-0622029
21*WAGNER,D115-130-11-1030132
15SHEPPARD,R31-51-30-0311129
23BURKS,J00-10-00-0504015
TMTEAM,---200
TOTALS8132-678-239-103612103
GAME PCT47.834.890.0
THIS HALF4318-354-113-418751
HALF PCT51.436.475.0
Only 3 points off the bench. Reed hit a 3.

Admittedly I did not watch or listen to the game but I do not like what I didnt hear or see. I blame Cal.

Reactions: know1
Not enough shooters like most Cal teams lately.
Not enough makers I should say. We’ve got plenty of shooters.
There’s been quite a bit to like so far, but that’s probably my biggest worry right now. I know 2 games don’t make a season, but Wagner and Dillingham have combined to go 4/18 from behind the arc, so the projections that they’d be better then their high school percentages look questionable so far. If those numbers hold, that could cause us some problems in SEC games when teams start playing a packed in zone like they’re prone to against us in recent years.

Reactions: catben
Lol the point is, someone asked if they are medically cleared. If they are practicing, even if it's limited, I would think they are "cleared", they might just be being cautious or sticking with original time lines. Which is fine, I'm just making sure the distinction is known.
I would disagree with this as well. Cleared to play in the NFL means playing in the game as much as the coaches need them to play. Nowadays, a coach would get heat for repeatedly playing injured players. Mostly because of CTE I'd guess.

Every player and injury is different. Not to mention pain threshold. The Reds have a guy named Jonathan India. He gets hit by pitches as much or more than any player in baseball. He also plays the game very hard. Most people would say he plays the game the right way. When he can't play, you know he's injured. Could be much different for other players.

Bradshaw and Ugonna are different players. Each case is different.

Is obvious to me that nobody KNOWS wether he is cleared to play in games. All this talk is just speculation
And guess what, we'll never know.
Our kids will never know.
Our grandchildren as well.
Medical and training professionals are making educated guesses.
They don't know either.
Good thing they're not morons. 🤣

It is unfortunate that prior to arriving at Kentucky someone didn't take the time to help Wagner develop even an average shot. After watching him play a couple of games, it is obvious that he spent most of his time just driving by opponents for layups with the belief that he would do the same in college. Like so many of our other guards, he will develop into a real guard once he gets to the NBA.
That is an atrocious looking jumper.

I would disagree with this as well. Cleared to play in the NFL means playing in the game as much as the coaches need them to play. Nowadays, a coach would get heat for repeatedly playing injured players. Mostly because of CTE I'd guess.

Every player and injury is different. Not to mention pain threshold. The Reds have a guy named Jonathan India. He gets hit by pitches as much or more than any player in baseball. He also plays the game very hard. Most people would say he plays the game the right way. When he can't play, you know he's injured. Could be much different for other players.

Bradshaw and Ugonna are different players. Each case is different.

And I disagree with your assessment. If being cleared to play in the NFL does indeed mean playing as much as the coach needs them to play.. then I'd say Cal really needs just one of these guys to play.

Bradshaw is a week or two out and he's doing two-a-days as we speak. I can't think of any example of an athlete doing this and NOT being medically cleared.. but I guess we will never know.

I'm also not really concerned about baseball players, or CTE, when it comes to discussing these injuries in basketball. That's Apples to oranges.

This article seems to indicate that Bradshaw would like to play, but it's ultimately up to Cal and trainers (which is, not a doctor). Still, we probably aren't getting the full story anyways.

Are you sure about that? Cal traditionally reduces his lineup to 8 or so players late in the season.
And injuries always happen. Plus I believe he might go a little deeper this season. He will never platoon again, but if he has 9 solid players, he will find a lineup that works. GO CATS

Do you ever come off the ledge? I mean it’s suffocating.
Ledge? Man some of you are so desperate to shove people into boxes with labels its crazy.

The world isn't black and white. We won last night. Did we give our best effort at times? No. Am I concerned about Tuesday? Yes. Are we doomed for the whole season? No, of course not. Am I still excited about what our guys can do? Yes, absolutely. Was last night the mark of a young team? Yes, absolutely. Do I still think we have a change to have a very very good year? Yes. Am I still concerned about Cal's ability to tighten up like a snare drum and input completely uninspired offense? Yes.

Sorry I'm not as binary as "We are going all the way!" or "Man, this is an NIT team."

We have stuff to work on and Monday was a little bit of a koolaid night. We came down to Earth a bit last night, and that's ok. We're gonna have games like that. Just hope Tuesday we can either win or if not keep it close.

Reactions: RunninRichie
And guess what, we'll never know.
Our kids will never know.
Our grandchildren as well.
Medical and training professionals are making educated guesses.
They don't know either.
Good thing they're not morons. 🤣
This always reminded me of the joke/observation about doctors: "Hey they're human too, and remember, some of the got through med schools with a C+ average..."

Reactions: jameslee32
And I disagree with your assessment. If being cleared to play in the NFL does indeed mean playing as much as the coach needs them to play.. then I'd say Cal really needs just one of these guys to play.

Bradshaw is a week or two out and he's doing two-a-days as we speak. I can't think of any example of an athlete doing this and NOT being medically cleared.. but I guess we will never know.

I'm also not really concerned about baseball players, or CTE, when it comes to discussing these injuries in basketball. That's Apples to oranges.

This article seems to indicate that Bradshaw would like to play, but it's ultimately up to Cal and trainers (which is, not a doctor). Still, we probably aren't getting the full story anyways.

No question about it. It's often a fluid situation as well.

I get lower back tightness on occasion. The level of pain and mobility varies greatly. All the strength training players get probably doesn't mean that much on a basketball court without flexibility.

You know players want to play and coaches want to play them. Medical professionals have much to consider even at 19/20/21 years of age and their level of fitness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT