ADVERTISEMENT

Number of Joker and Stoops recruits remaining for 2011 to 2015 classes

Vonburns1

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2007
It's the slow time so I thought I would look over the roster after spring practice, plus the arrivals for fall practice to get an idea of how much of this 2015 team will be Stoops recruits.

The 2011 class, ranked 62, has 5 of 25 still enrolled(20%) including Cunningham, Faulkner, Forrest, Huguenin and Zach West. The 2012 class, ranked 63, has 10 of 26 left(38.5%) including D. Blaylock, Z. Blaylock, Foster,Henderson, Z. Myers, Quinn, Swindle, Tiller, Toth and Towles.

Stoops first class, ranked 29, has 15 of 23 left(65.2%) and some of those names are Badet, Hatcher, Haynes, Hyde, Kemp, McGinnis, McClain, McWilson, Meant, R. Meyers, Montgomery and Timmons.

The 2014 class, ranked 17 has 27 of 28 left for 96.4%(only Tubman gone). The 2015 class has 22 and ranked 35, not mentioning all the names but Conrad and George AA jump out at you from the January enrollees.

Thus only 15 players remain out of the Joker's classes. The above totals only 79 as it does not include transfers in nor walk ons given scholarships or errors on my part. Thus about 70 of 85 will be Stoops recruits. We may learn in the fall that more have become academic casualties or asked to leave or choose to leave. We are closing the gap with the rest of the SEC. Only a superior QB can elevate our chance to win 3 or 4 SEC games this year.

19 bradyjames

I'm surprised the Blaylocks are still around. 4th string RSJr/SR safeties?

I'm surprised the Blaylocks are still around. 4th string RSJr/SR safeties?

I thought one was more a LB or combo player now, and aside from those two all the ones left from Joker are pretty big contributors

As often pointed out, not only was one of Joker's biggest problems retaining players, it was retaining the higher rated ones. Stoops doing pretty well so far, several of the ones lost from 13 were JCs that graduated..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT