ADVERTISEMENT

New Stadium Photos 8.18

Jun 25, 2015
LoueeVille
Well Commonwealth Stadium is still a complete mess and not much more complete than when I was there back in June. This thing may not be done until the Looeeville game.

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

The Ring of Honor looks to be a kiosk of some kind now. The three black things look to be for monitors.
Just found out it will have interactive touch screens.

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

East corner of the Blue Lot.

IMG_2713.jpg

Most of the Blue Lot is now paved.

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Recruiting room

IMG_2732.jpg

East End Zone

IMG_2733.jpg

Practice facility

IMG_2734.jpg

Front Entrance

IMG_2735.jpg

Hanging a banner on the West Board

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. Media folks seemed really concerned with the lack of progress a month or so ago so looks like their concerns were legit. They have three weeks to get the place ready for over 60k fans. I know construction projects always come down to the last minute but those photos prove to me UK has been grossly overselling it being ready by the first game.

Last edited:
I think it's going to hurt after awhile to sit on those little post things until they get seats on them about mid-season. You'd think they would at least put bicycle seats or something on those thin bars.

Reactions: Uncle_Blue
Thanks for the photos. Media folks seemed really concerned with the lack of progress a month or so ago so looks like their concerns were legit. They have three weeks to get the place ready for over 60k fans. I know construction projects always come down to the last minute but those photos prove to me UK has been grossly overselling it being ready by the first game.
I have a small bit of experience with construction and certainly nothing on a scale like the CWS renovation but I can tell you that you would be amazed at how much work 100 guys armed with power tools can get done in three weeks. I seriously doubt that the ULL game will be cancelled.

Reactions: rudd1
The weather in KY has certainly not been cooperative from what I've heard. My family in KY was complaining all summer about the amount of rain they got. Meanwhile out here in California it's been as dry as a bone.

Great pic's thank's. It is a little behind nut I think it will be closer to being done in what 3 more week's.
I will be driving by there Thursday on my way to the Va med center. So I will be able to at least see what the new out side looks like. Can't wait to see the new circle's on Alumni drive.
Go BB

I'm thinking the only real risk of deep disappointment is for the premium seat holders, inasmuch as their stadium club areas appear unlikely to be polished up for the opener... a case of ,"here's your seat, the concierge service will have to wait."

The Blue bloods of UK BB will be disappointed to go to their first football game and not get treated like royalty if their club is not completed. :weary:

Uncle Blue may not have garnered favor with the UK admin for posting unauthorized pics...

I have a small bit of experience with construction and certainly nothing on a scale like the CWS renovation but I can tell you that you would be amazed at how much work 100 guys armed with power tools can get done in three weeks. I seriously doubt that the ULL game will be cancelled.
I have done some construction as well (not on this size of project though) and agree. The final touches generally do not take much time and you can clean up a site rather quickly especially with the amount of workers and heavy equipment at their disposal. I am very confident they will have the place ready enough for fans for the first game, but I have a feeling there is still going to be a lot of incomplete projects that will be eyesores for the common fans because you can bet your mortgage they will get the recruiting room and club areas done before anything else. I am just going by photos posted and not what I have seen with my own eyes. Grand scheme of things, its just my opinion and the reality is probably a completely different story.

I had the same issue on a few of them last night on my iPad. Went tho my work computer which runs Windows and got them all to pull up. The improvements are really nice and well done, but some of the photos are not flattering to the amount of work to be completed.

I'm thinking the only real risk of deep disappointment is for the premium seat holders, inasmuch as their stadium club areas appear unlikely to be polished up for the opener... a case of ,"here's your seat, the concierge service will have to wait."
Honestly, if I'm doling out $60K plus annually for one of those new suites, it better be pristine and there better be every bell and whistle working on 9/5, else someone better be refunding me some money.

I have done some construction as well (not on this size of project though) and agree. The final touches generally do not take much time and you can clean up a site rather quickly especially with the amount of workers and heavy equipment at their disposal. I am very confident they will have the place ready enough for fans for the first game, but I have a feeling there is still going to be a lot of incomplete projects that will be eyesores for the common fans because you can bet your mortgage they will get the recruiting room and club areas done before anything else. I am just going by photos posted and not what I have seen with my own eyes. Grand scheme of things, its just my opinion and the reality is probably a completely different story.
I totally agree. IIRC, the UK construction coordinator has already stated that there would be plenty of work going on between the first and third game.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out what kind of flooring they were putting down on the recruiting room patio. I assume it's the same as that for the club level patio?

Walked around the stadium this morning. A great many details will be added as the season progresses. One foreman assured me they will be ready to play football on time. I would agree, but it will take additional time to add the "spit and polish" to many areas. After the Ragin' Cajuns go home, there will be two weeks to clean up details before the Gators arrive.

The stadium is beautiful and the landscaping only adds more class to the place. This is a first class facility all the way.

I've always noticed most construction crews are sitting around talking whenever I drive by them on the road for most projects.

The Chinese would have built the whole thing in a month.

I've always noticed most construction crews are sitting around talking whenever I drive by them on the road for most projects.

The Chinese would have built the whole thing in a month.
They would be put into detention camps or face a firing squad if they were not working.

I do hope at some point this year they may be able to provide tours pre-game. Probably the only way I will see the inside of the club levels or the suites...

Reactions: LordEgg
The stadium club looks great and is not far from complete. Flooring takes almost no time to put in.

Lord Egg, they are creating a plaza around the stadium with various areas of landscaping giving the feel of a park like setting. As several have said earlier, the stadium is beautiful. It does have an intimate feel in terms of having good views from all levels. I was told future expansion would likely be a two level structure similar to the new press box/suites. That structure would mirror the press/box suites only be all suites.

Bottom line, the new CWS looks like a first class college football stadium. And, yes, the recruiting room will be one of the best, if not the best in the country. It will have all the best technology and amenities.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out what kind of flooring they were putting down on the recruiting room patio. I assume it's the same as that for the club level patio?

They haven't started that process as of yesterday but I will back with more thorough update late next week.

Very nice job with the club area. First class. Have to guess the suites will be as nice or nicer as well.

No worries with those areas. They are far enough along to get those done in two weeks. The eyesores will be the other areas the fans without the premium seats are going to be walking around. No doubt about it. Once done it will be great. Fans will just have to overlook the incomplete projects most of this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT