ADVERTISEMENT

NEW Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Important question….will there be a reporter with enough stones to ask cal why he didn’t foul? Why he can’t adjust in defense? Why he continues to try this same old song and dance that doesn’t work?

Reactions: susan2361
Should have been fired after 2015 for not winning it all. A blind monkey could have Coached that team to 40-0. He has stayed 5 seasons too long collecting a huge check and not earning very much if any of it. Mitch needs to go too before a new HC is hired because I’m afraid Holtmann might be at the top of his list.

Should have been fired after 2015 for not winning it all. A blind monkey could have Coached that team to 40-0. He has stayed 5 seasons too long collecting a huge check and not earning very much if any of it. Mitch needs to go too before a new HC is hired because I’m afraid Holtmann might be at the top of his list.
That would be the hire Mitch would make…

Hey cal
Donald Trump GIF

Timing may finally be right for Donovan but question is do you call a third time? I'd take him over those two.
Donovan is still the best fit for UK. Has been for a while, timing hasn't been right on his side or he just doesn't want to deal with the lunacy that is UK basketball

Chris Beard is were its at look at what he has done at Ole Miss this year
No way we hire him after those domestic violence allegations.

It would look something like this...Brainfart is a culpable as Couch Cal in this mess...

barney-bennett.png
I wouldn't hate the Bennett pick as much as some others but damn, if people thought Tubbyball was hard to watch they'd freakin' riot in Rupp.

Reactions: CatPhight
Just record the games and check the score. No need to put yourself through this kind of frustration.

Or check the score and watch the youtube highlights.
This is, unfortunately, what I must do now. I'm 61, and after 50+ years of watching every UK game that was televised, I have developed severe anxiety and simply am unable to sit through a game without having an attack. ( I NEVER would have believed anxiety was like this, tbh.)
I watch the game the next day if we win, if not, I don't. Perhaps when Cal finally leaves I might try watching a game l, as I just cannot stomach watching the man running up and down the sidelines screaming like a lunatic.

I'll always be a huge UK fan whether I can ever actually sit and watch a game, but after five decades of watching, it truly sucks not being able to watch my beloved Wildcats.☹️

Edit: yes, I wish he could be removed as coach, but it won't happen unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top targets:
Dan Hurley
Scott Drew
Bruce Pearl

Pearl as a last resort but I do think he'd win big here. Guy turned Auburn basketball into a better program than what Cal has done with Kentucky the last 5 years
There is a lot more coaches that you can add to the list.

This is, unfortunately, what I must do now. I'm 61, and after 50+ years of watching every UK game that was televised, I have developed severe anxiety and simply am unable to sit through a game without having an attack. ( I NEVER would have believed anxiety was like this, tbh.)
I watch the game the next day if we win, if not, I don't. Perhaps when Cal finally leaves I might try watching a game l, as I just cannot stomach watching the man running up and down the sidelines screaming like a lunatic.

I'll always be a huge UK fan whether I can ever actually sit and watch a game, but after five decades of watching, it truly sucks not being able to watch my beloved Wildcats.☹️

Edit: yes, I wish he could be removed as coach, but it won't happen unfortunately.
You are right.....THANKS again Barney for this situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT