ADVERTISEMENT

NBA PLAYOFFS SUNDAY!!

Tried watching some. Sorry was extremely boring.

Almost as bad as watching Patrick Cantlay take an hour and a half to decide if he wants to try to chip the golf ball off of a rail road tie or not. Definitely watching the Suns game, however.

Reactions: ACTSEAN
Almost as bad as watching Patrick Cantlay take an hour and a half to decide if he wants to try to chip the golf ball off of a rail road tie or not. Definitely watching the Suns game, however.
I found that much more exciting actually and what I was watching. Kept turning it over to the game from time to time but never found it remotely interesting.

Love good NBA playoff matchups when both teams are interesting but have zero interest in watching any game involving The Grizzlies. Yawn.

It’s group thought. NBA is boring “woke” with no defense. Facts don’t matter, the narrative does.

I agree. The best teams have a good offense with a good defense. Games are going to be higher scoring due to 48 min games to some extent.

I'm not a nba guy at all but warriors vs kings and lakers vs grizzlies was way more exciting than 99% of college basketball games.

Reactions: Montana81
Some people have already went in ready to bash it no matter what .

If that is boring then that person must just hate basketball .
Zero rooting interest makes it boring in of itself. Was the equivalent of trying to watch a Thursday night west coast game on ESPNU between two unranked teams. Just my take, others are free to enjoy the hell out of it but I found the game a snooze fest each time I checked in on it.

Sorry but there was zero excitement on my end. In fairness I haven’t watched the NBA since 1998 and have zero interest in the league anymore.
Me either it’s scary how old some of these dudes look. Haven’t watched it regularly since 2013. Tennis is much more exciting and the ATP Tour has better athletes.

It’s always the folks that haven’t watched basketball since 1902 In these threads letting us know .
Why does it bother you so much that some people don’t watch or like the nba any longer. I tried watching some today, was like watching paint dry. Good for you if you enjoy it, I did too once upon a time, I just don’t any longer. Sorry but for me, it’s just a different product that I watched in the 80’s and 90’s. I’m sure one of these days the same May hold true for you, if it doesn’t more power to you.

Reactions: blubo
Why does it bother you so much that some people don’t watch or like the nba any longer. I tried watching some today, was like watching paint dry. Good for you if you enjoy it, I did too once upon a time, I just don’t any longer. Sorry but for me, it’s just a different product that I watched in the 80’s and 90’s. I’m sure one of these days the same May hold true for you, if it doesn’t more power to you.
It’s doesn’t bother me that you or you guys don’t watch it .

I clearly said I don’t get why people who claim to not have watched basketball for over 30 years click on an NBA thread . Pretty simple .

Reactions: JDHoss
They play Boston in the second round right ? If both teams advance .

Yeah I was thinking they were on the other side. Not sure they can get past Boston, but maybe. Fun playoffs with Knicks and SAC in the mix, Durant playing in Phoenix with Book, etc. Barkley stopped short of saying not to watch the first round the other night. [laughing]

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Yeah I was thinking they were on the other side. Not sure they can get past Boston, but maybe. Fun playoffs with Knicks and SAC in the mix, Durant playing in Phoenix with Book, etc. Barkley stopped short of saying not to watch the first round the other night. [laughing]
Funny thing is I have seen a lot of Boston Fans say they are only worried about The Bucks . I always thought Philly is some to worry about . I guess it’s because Embiid and Harden have both had some shaky moments come playoff time.

Definitely been a Good first round so far . That Sac and GS series is going to be great .

I like it and watch all playoff games in early playoffs. By the time the finals get here I don't give a shit anymore. Anyone watching so far has seen some awesome basketball games and hope Murray goes for 50 tonight.

I watched the late 80’s, 90’s and the early 2000’s pretty regularly. Not much from 2010ish-2019ish. During Covid kind of got me back into it and been watching more and more each year since. It’s not UK basketball but it’s basketball and it’s stress free! 😂

Zero rooting interest makes it boring in of itself. Was the equivalent of trying to watch a Thursday night west coast game on ESPNU between two unranked teams. Just my take, others are free to enjoy the hell out of it but I found the game a snooze fest each time I checked in on it.

I mean if you don't have any team you like (or like to hate) then most sports lose a lot of their value. I think it caps how much you can like a sport if you don't have a team to follow and get behind.

Case in point, you like Kentucky, and that's why you like watching college ball. But its not like Kentucky is putting out a better "product" than the NBA is...

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I can safely say that the Rockets being a bottom 3 team for the last three years, definitely caused me to watch less of the NBA.

The beauty of the NBA is that I don't need a rooting interest, although I root for the Heat because they're local and Bam/Herro/Riley makes it easy. I love watching the entire league though. They're the best basketball players on the planet and make ridiculous plays night after night. Yeah, they don't have Kentucky across their chests or sing My Old Kentucky Home after the games, but they put out a product that is far superior to anything college basketball can produce, which more often than not is nothing but a rock fight dominated by sloppy play, bad shooting and horrible officiating.

WTF are people posting in a NBA Playoffs thread when they don't freaking watch the games?! I don't get it. Okay, so you don't like rich black guys who care about equality playing a sport. So, go watch NASCAR. It's a free country. No one cares about your politics. There's millions that do enjoy the NBA and wish to have a normal discussion about the games.

WTF are people posting in a NBA Playoffs thread when they don't freaking watch the games?! I don't get it. Okay, so you don't like rich black guys who care about equality playing a sport. So, go watch NASCAR. It's a free country. No one cares about your politics. There's millions that do enjoy the NBA and wish to have a normal discussion about the games.
Virtue signaling. It’s the same reason they buy bud light just to pour it out on video or shoot it on video.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT