ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

He said we're built for March!
Cal must have been talking about the building renovations at Memorial Coliseum. ‘Cause the Cats are about to eff around & spend March hosting an NIT game in Lextown.

If the renovation isn’t done then they may wind up hosting that NIT game at the Henry Clay HS gym. Come to think of it…that seems more appropriate for this squad anyway.

@ Auburn, LSU, MSU & UT

At Rupp: Ole Miss, Bama, Arkansas & Vandy

LSU, Arkansas & Vandy are wins. Auburn, UT & Bama are losses

Ole Miss & MSU are toss ups. I think we win tonight & lose at MSU though

By my count that’s 20-11. We will probably go 1-1 in the SEC tourney so that’s 21-12 & most likely a 8/9 seed. Lose one or two of those other games above & we’re NIT bound

Reactions: AustinTXCat
So I hear they are putting another one of those double diamonds at leestown under new circle.
That's just awesome
Oh it’s a scene, man. I’m looking forward to easier access for everyone in Lex to come to our side of town to enjoy the ambiance of vinyl-ghettofied housing and shitty retail. At least we have Citation, right?

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
So I hear they are putting another one of those double diamonds at leestown under new circle.
That's just awesome
Because the first one worked so well.
Oh it’s a scene, man. I’m looking forward to easier access for everyone in Lex to come to our side of town to enjoy the ambiance of vinyl-ghettofied housing and shitty retail. At least we have Citation, right?
Are those apartments still in the middle of Masterson Station across from the pool?

Cats defense looked better last night all because there was an actual effort to play better defense. The question of the day: why is that not the mentality that Cal instills on Day 1 of preseason practice? Still a ways to go on that end of the court though.

The overall talent is there. A solid mixture of seasoned vets/talented freshmen is there. A solid mix of bigs/guards is there. A plethora of depth is present.

Hopefully last night was the start of turning the corner.

Cats defense looked better last night all because there was an actual effort to play better defense. The question of the day: why is that not the mentality that Cal instills on Day 1 of preseason practice? Still a ways to go on that end of the court though.

The overall talent is there. A solid mixture of seasoned vets/talented freshmen is there. A solid mix of bigs/guards is there. A plethora of depth is present.

Hopefully last night was the start of turning the corner.

We will see how much defense has improved Saturday. That will be a test. I don't think we win. Just my opinion.

I don’t envy you poor bastiches that have to navigate Lextown rush hour traffic on the reg. Holy shite, man. The city planners, both modern day & from days of yore, should be drawn & quartered right after they are tarred & feathered and pelted with rocks & garbage.

KS, yes, it has been completely transformed. 6 foot privacy fence around the whole pool area. House looks really nice too, and it’s no longer haunted by creepy dolls.
Well, that’s a rather anticlimactic ending to that story. Would have guessed at the very least that they would have uncovered a dead body or two whilst digging the post holes for the fence.

30th anniversary of the Mardi Gras Miracle. It will always be a great memory. Watched it with Dad on a rare night off from work (Pre-Mr.-Teacher-man). Mom had just had a chemo session, and the three days after it were always rough. She didn’t feel like watching, of course. So it’s me and Dad in the wood-paneled ‘TV Room’ watching on a 24” Zenith from before the dawn of time. We watched the first half and just kind of sat there watching the team play like ass. By the time the 2nd half rolled around and they were up by 31 or whenever it was, we finally scored and I told Dad, “here comes the comeback!” The rest, of course, is history. Dad and I whisper screaming, as to not wake the cancer patient down the hall, for a good half hour every time we got closer.

Mom fully recovered and is still kicking. Dad is still around and watches every game even when she gives up on them and goes back to her room.

sports were good for something that day

also, new avatar

I was roughly 10 years old and remember watching it at my grandparents. As a matter of fact we recorded it for some odd reason. Might still have it!

Those of you with twitter machines please forward the following transmission to mav:

Hope all is well & you are fully recovered from all injuries <stop>

Requesting stirrups update pronto <stop>

Please include any/all patch updates as well <stop>

If retired from slowly pitched softball then please disregard transmission <full stop>

Yeah yeah, I’m a football first guy, but I can’t help but read through Rafters. That board is a fu””ing disaster. 😝😝😝

Those of you with twitter machines please forward the following transmission to mav:

Hope all is well & you are fully recovered from all injuries <stop>

Requesting stirrups update pronto <stop>

Please include any/all patch updates as well <stop>

If retired from slowly pitched softball then please disregard transmission <full stop>
Done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT