ADVERTISEMENT

Murray

No, not really. I see a little Brandon Roy in Murray's game, although I'm not sure he's as good of athlete.

Reactions: brianpoe
Does Murray remind you all of Brandon knight a little bit?
I think Murray is far better. There aren't many players that big that can slip through and around defenses like he does, hit from all over the court and always be a threat to change direction on a dime.

Murray is bigger and stronger. However, people really underrate how good Brandon Knight was at UK, on a team where he was the main option. If Jamal Murray averages 17, 4 and 4 his Freshman season, UK will probably win the national title.

Murray is bigger and stronger. However, people really underrate how good Brandon Knight was at UK, on a team where he was the main option. If Jamal Murray averages 17, 4 and 4 his Freshman season, UK will probably win the national title.

Knight had to average that. Murray won't shoot enough to get those scoring stats at least. Murray also has more depth and better front court players to steal rebounds from him.

Of course he won't have to average that. That's why I said if he does, watch out everyone else.

Point was less about stats though. If Murray has the impact Knight did, we will all be pretty happy.

Not sure of any comparisons as I am not anywhere near an expert BUT, If Chuck Norris needs a transfusion he has specified Murray as the donor. Nuff Said....

Just shake my head at how many discredit Knight... amazing.

Dude was ridiculous- a rare legit freshman PG go-to scorer. Hard to think of many collegiate PGs who were bigger threats from 3-point range.

I think Murray is far better. There aren't many players that big that can slip through and around defenses like he does, hit from all over the court and always be a threat to change direction on a dime.

You described Knight to a tee. C'mon Smashcat

I hope he can equal Knight's production and force defenses to key on him like Brandon did.

I just hope that Murray is as good as Knight.

Meeks?

He was a jump shooter only at UK. Struggled handling the ball. I don't remember him running the team.

Murray is Combo Guard that can handle the ball and run a team like a PG and shoot/score like a SG.

Meeks was a pure SG.

I don't see the comparison.

He does have that big time scoring ability Meeks had. That's no doubt. But I mean they are still different players. I wasn't comparing him based on anything other than big time scoring ability. As far as body type and handles and all that I don't know who I'd go with.

When I watch him play, he kinda makes me think of Andrew Harrison with the athleticism of Jamal Mashburn. Execpt he's a little shorter, like Jeff Sheppard. And he has the handles of Anthony Epps with the determination of Steve Wojciechowski. But he's got the love for Kentucky basketball of Bill Keightley (God rest his soul). He's as confident as Kanye but has the humility of Angelina Jolie. He has the nationality of Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Celine Dion (although the comparison undoubtedly stops there) And there's a little bit of Al Gore in there but I can't put my finger on it as to where.....

Bottom line, he's Jamal Murray. He will be a unique player; one of a kind. Whatever he is, if he busts his butt every play, I'll be happy.

I was the one who stated when I watched him play months ago that when he starts scoring he reminds me of Jodie Meeks shooting the ball. That may be where everybody keeps saying Meeks. Murray is a far better ball handler though and passer, It's just his offense is deadly like Meeks was. Meeks scored what 54 on UT? Something like 45 on Arkansas? etc etc That dude could fill it up and Murray when he was given the green light could fill it up the same way. His perimeter game while looking to score reminds you of Meeks. He has a brighter future though in the league due to his other skills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT