ADVERTISEMENT

Most southern SEC SCHOOLS.

Just from personal experience there is a noticeable difference in winters just between Lexington and Middle Tennessee. Also, I think my mind thinks of it as more midwest climate because the number of sunny days is pretty low so more gray/overcast. It's like 50/50 days with and without sun.
Where I live in south central Kentucky it might as well be middle Tennessee.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
I’ve always looked at it this way when talking whole states only and not pockets in different states:

Deep South - these states are as southern as it gets with the exception of maybe one metro area - Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina

South - overall very southern, but maybe there’s a pretty substantial subculture there - Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Arkansas

Southern adjacent - fair amount of southern qualities, but can’t be wholly classified as southern - Texas, Florida, Virginia, Kentucky

I was in Tupelo a few weeks ago at a rib place. I had an engaging conversation with the server about tea. They’ll serve it unsweetened if need be-but understand SWEET tea is the standard 😎😎

I enjoyed talking to the locals.

Kentucky culture is definitely southern. Can’t judge by the major cities, like in any other state. Too many implants. I live 5 miles from KY Lake, born and raised. The food, accents, traditions, pride make Kentucky southern. I’ve lived in Murfreesboro, TN and worked 30 min south in Shelbyville and it was like I never left home. Lived in Lexington and outside the city, it felt like home. Same type of people I grew up around.

I was in Tupelo a few weeks ago at a rib place. I had an engaging conversation with the server about tea. They’ll serve it unsweetened if need be-but understand SWEET tea is the standard 😎😎

I enjoyed talking to the locals.

Sweet tea is the standard just about anywhere in Georgia. Even at the national fast food places like McDonalds.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT