ADVERTISEMENT

Get in here Arkansas fans

After getting multiple text messages from Kentucky freinds and family last night, and waking up in disbelief here are my thoughts:

1. I still don't like Calipari, I have always considered him a sleezy used car salesman from his time at Memphis. Great recruiter, average coach.

2. NIL and transer portal with immediate eligibility has changed the game. The big donors didn't get along with Musselman and refused to fund it. Now Calipari has a huge guarantee of at least 5-6 million per year which will be at or near the the top of college basketball NIL funding.

3. I will always support the Razorbacks, not crazy about the hire, but will support him until he proves he doesn't earn it. Yesterday afternoon we had no coach, one returning player that may go pro, and one recruit, so something had to change and change fast.

4. If he will arrive in Fayetteville with a chip on his shoulder to prove the last several years wrong, and just be the CEO and recruiter and let some good assistants run the team for practice, game planning, strategy and clock management, there's a chance it may work. We shall see.
So you want exactly everything UK fans have been asking for since 2015. The things that literally destroyed the coach/fanbase relationship. The things Cal decided to hate BBN for wanting. Well, this is going to go great!

Good news for you. This thread should take off. We had about 50 in here that were solely cal fans so they can now give their perspective from the other side

Somebody do the work and go look at their old threads and find the posters who shit on cal and called him a horrible coach when they had game threads with UK and see what they’re saying now lol

After getting multiple text messages from Kentucky freinds and family last night, and waking up in disbelief here are my thoughts:

1. I still don't like Calipari, I have always considered him a sleezy used car salesman from his time at Memphis. Great recruiter, average coach.

2. NIL and transer portal with immediate eligibility has changed the game. The big donors didn't get along with Musselman and refused to fund it. Now Calipari has a huge guarantee of at least 5-6 million per year which will be at or near the the top of college basketball NIL funding.

3. I will always support the Razorbacks, not crazy about the hire, but will support him until he proves he doesn't earn it. Yesterday afternoon we had no coach, one returning player that may go pro, and one recruit, so something had to change and change fast.

4. If he will arrive in Fayetteville with a chip on his shoulder to prove the last several years wrong, and just be the CEO and recruiter and let some good assistants run the team for practice, game planning, strategy and clock management, there's a chance it may work. We shall see.

He is NEVER gonna do that. UK fans have been begging for him to do that for years. His roster next year was going to be his worst at UK and significantly worse than this year’s roster. Even if you get his entire projected roster from UK you’ll be lucky to make the tournament.

That’s why he left, he knew he didn’t have the roster to win. He knew he’d be fired after next season.

He'll do okay for the first couple years before losing to E. Wyoming St. in the tourney.

Thing is Cal will or has united all the big money here. Like someone said Arkansas can money whip alot of people if the RIGHT people are interested. Cal will do that like no other.

Muss had burnt his bridges here. he was toast and he knew it. BIG BIG money behind Cal it appears.

Win win for both and next years game will be a big one.

If COW hires a good assistant who is allowed to actually coach, it will be the first time it has ever happened. How many college coaches are you aware of from his coaching tree? By the way, thank you so very much for saving us $33 million. I am just not sure what anyone could have seen from this guy over the past 8 years that would have made them think this was a good hire. NOT KENTUCK's PROBLEM ANYMORE!! Lol

Last edited:

Good luck to you. And a BIG thank you for taking him off of our hands. Our marriage was over. Maybe yours will work out.

The Arkansas program won’t pull the same recruits he was able to get at Kentucky.
Maybe not the same volume but Arkansas just had the #2 class a couple of years ago with three McDonald’s All-Americans so if Muss could get them then Cal should be fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT