ADVERTISEMENT

Moderators I need some help please

ORCAT

All-American
Jan 7, 2003
Lexington, KY
When I try going to any board forums on my home computer I just get the following message:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Security error occurred, please refresh the page, and try again.". I've been getting this message all week and I can't open any of the forums at all. I can go to Cats Illustrated home page with no problem but cannot access the forums at all. And, it shows that I am logged in at top of page but I get nothing but a message saying changes saved if I click on my login name. I have no problem at all getting on the forum using my phone but would also like to be able to get it on my home computer like I always have been. Any of you moderators able to help me? What should I do to correct the problem?

When I try going to any board forums on my home computer I just get the following message:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Security error occurred, please refresh the page, and try again.". I've been getting this message all week and I can't open any of the forums at all. I can go to Cats Illustrated home page with no problem but cannot access the forums at all. And, it shows that I am logged in at top of page but I get nothing but a message saying changes saved if I click on my login name. I have no problem at all getting on the forum using my phone but would also like to be able to get it on my home computer like I always have been. Any of you moderators able to help me? What should I do to correct the problem?
Does this happen on different browsers? Firefox, Chrome, Edge?

First thing I would do is check my internet connection to make sure it's up and running well. Then I would restart the computer. You might also, as someone above suggested, clear your cache.

First thing I would do is check my internet connection to make sure it's up and running well. Then I would restart the computer. You might also, as someone above suggested, clear your cache.
I've tried restarting several times. I just went to Microsoft Edge and the page shows up but still won't appear on my Chrome browser. Any idea as to why that might be?

Reactions: ORCAT
Have you added any new chrome extensions? You could delete your cookies: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&sjid=8705650617363435683-NA
You should read about what deleting them means.
You could try to download CCCleaner, and then run a scan and clean up your cookies and junk files. OBTW CCCleaner is free don't upgrade to the next level. I have used it for 2+ years and a computer repair guy recommended it, in fact her came here and did it for me.

You should just buy a new computer/phone. Keep buying new ones till you find one that works. YWIA.

@IL Wildcat would you be able to move this
Thread back to the Rafters forum? It has some inside jokes specific to Rafters but somehow it got moved to the baseball forum (which is kind of hilarious, considering the topic). Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Try resetting your router. They’ll cache stuff and I’ve had a number of issues with Chrome caching error pages and taking forever to clear even when you reset your browser cache. Test it in Incognito mode. Hope it helps.

IL wildcat I’m trying to find a way to message you. Can you send me a message so I can reply? Thanks!

Try resetting your router. They’ll cache stuff and I’ve had a number of issues with Chrome caching error pages and taking forever to clear even when you reset your browser cache. Test it in Incognito mode. Hope it helps.
You know all about Incognito mode don’t ya!

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
You could try to download CCCleaner, and then run a scan and clean up your cookies and junk files. OBTW CCCleaner is free don't upgrade to the next level. I have used it for 2+ years and a computer repair guy recommended it, in fact her came here and did it for me.
Thing is, that I can get access to the board on my computer if I use the BING browser. I have always used Chrome for all my web related stuff and prefer it but Rafters and other UK message boards just won't open for my just on Chrome on my home computer, which is a rather new computer too with Windows 11. So, I don't think a clean up is the problem or it probably wouldn't work on Bing??

Reactions: Fox2monk
Thing is, that I can get access to the board on my computer if I use the BING browser. I have always used Chrome for all my web related stuff and prefer it but Rafters and other UK message boards just won't open for my just on Chrome on my home computer, which is a rather new computer too with Windows 11. So, I don't think a clean up is the problem or it probably wouldn't work on Bing??
That’s really weird, I assume you have cleared the cache and cookies, all that good stuff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT