ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch will have to say something soon

Mar 23, 2023
Mitch Barnhart will have to make a statement. He will either back Cal
or fire him. But he has to say something. He can not let this linger!!

I have supported Cal but a change has to happen.

What will Mitch say and when will he say it? Do the right thing Mitch and do it soon!

Yes Man Nod GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Reactions: Fox2monk

What will Mitch say and when will he say it? Do the right thing Mitch and do it soon!
Here’s the problem. He already spoke on this some say emphatically (I thought it was theatre) after the St. Peter’s loss when he let cal do a short show then Barney got on there “not wining the sec is unacceptable, losing like that etc). So what is it he can say. He drew a line in the sand and cal jumped like Michael Jordan over it. If he does nothing then he’s weak and knows he’s leaving gonna leave it to the next guy.

What's the consequence if he doesn't?

The problem with saying something right this second: short of announcing a firing, which is probably too soon for a guy like Barnhart with so many things likely up in the air (the buyout, possible replacements, etc), the only announcement he could really make today is a vote of confidence in Calipari. For now, I’ll take the silence, because all he’s had to do is say Calipari is back next season, yet he hasn’t. That gives me at least some small sliver of hope the end is near.

We keep hearing Cal has not won but a couple of SEC games and one tourney game in the last few years. This is true but also coincides with Robic being let go!!

“Robes does the other things – allows Cal to be as efficient as he wants.” Calipari's mentor, Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown, said then that Robic “basically allows John to do his job.” A year later, Calipari moved Robic into an off-court role, and in April 2021, off the basketball staff.

Fans need to be ready to rise up if Barnhart tries to let it blow over. That’s what he’s doing right now……hoping it will die down a bit.
Barney is not going to listen to the common fan. Money is the only thing that drives his decisions. If Cal is gone it’s because a rich booster threatened to hold back money. If Cal is brought back, then the bank account needs to be hit by making Rupp a ghost town next season.

It’s normal to let a little time pass before they meet and makeany statements. Clearer heads etc

Cal is going no where.

Greatest coach in history of NFL Bellichik had 3 bad years after Brady he gets axe.. CCC has more an stays. L Mitch wants UK to be a football school I guess

The game was Thursday night. They haven't even been back to the office. If he were for sure going to keep him, he already would have said that. IMO, he at least wants to talk with him first and see where his head is on the future. My guess is, Cal will be an arrogant ass like always and that will be it. Just a guess.

I agree that it should be soon, but it hasn't really lingered yet. In a month it could be considered lingering. Not yet.

Reactions: CatPatrick13

Not till tomorrow do you ever keep up

Barney is not going to listen to the common fan. Money is the only thing that drives his decisions. If Cal is gone it’s because a rich booster threatened to hold back money. If Cal is brought back, then the bank account needs to be hit by making Rupp a ghost town next season.

Which I’m all for anyway. Much rather watch the game from my home.

We were arguably one of the most talented teams in the country. Our failures rest on the shoulders of one man.

Playing the other side: Then why didn't our talented players at least beat what amounts to a D-II school? Should have beat them with or without Cal.

Playing the other side: Then why didn't our talented players at least beat what amounts to a D-II school? Should have beat them with or without Cal.
They weren't the ones putting in the effed-up line-up. Refusing to make adjustments etc.
Same for the almost totally different players last year, and almost totally different player composition the year prior to that.

Covid or not how many coaches survive 9-16 at a blue blood program? That was his pass, now it’s time to end it.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
He will back him. Pitch the new NIL fund as the fix. Cal already set the stage for it mentioning going after older players.
So the problem was NIL issues kept Cal from getting top notch talent???

Couldn’t Cal have kept Oscar? That would have ensured they’d still be playing.

Lots of folks getting clicks on UK and making bank

They weren't the ones putting in the effed-up line-up. Refusing to make adjustments etc.
Same for the almost totally different players last year, and almost totally different player composition the year prior to that.

But, shouldn't our super talented players be able to beat Oakland on any day of the week regardless of who is on the floor?

I only brought this up because in another thread Oakland (and St Peters) were being trashed as D-2 level teams. While we SHOULD have beaten them (nobody disputes that), I would simply argue that they were decent teams to make the tournament and one went to the E8 and another took the ACC champ to OT. I got laughed at for saying that! But, if it is so laughable, why didn't our player win in spite of Cal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT