ADVERTISEMENT

Missing sub touring the Titanic

The "let's fake our death" theory is interesting.. simply because I don't know why someone would want to do this. Closed quarters, immensely risky depths, looking at ship wreckage out a freaking port hole (when we already have endless documentaries and footage of the Titanic).. I just dontbsee how 5 people thought this was a good idea, especially when all your big billionaires are desperately trying to find ways to live LONGER nor shorter

I mean, they will find some wreckage but they won't find any DNA of these people with that amount of pressure collapsing in. They were turned into goop and their remains are now just part of the ocean.

Idk, seems kind of convenient.
And the conspiracies begin. 😂

2% off climbers died last year then, big whoop.

I don’t think praying after the fact works like that Hank.
Lol, go for it since its so easy. About 1 in 3 wont make the summit and of that 1 in 3, 1 in 16 die. This after training for a year in most cases.

On Everest you climb up and then down 3000 vertical feet in the death zone where your body is actively dying.

Reactions: chroix
I have zero inclination to climb Everest, I don’t need to prove myself to anyone but me unlike these attention whores.

How bout you tell those people to come to the gym with me and let’s see if they can deadlift around 6 bills. That’s impressive and usable.

I have zero inclination to climb Everest, I don’t need to prove myself to anyone but me unlike these attention whores.

How bout you tell those people to come to the gym with me and let’s see if they can deadlift around 6 bills. That’s impressive and usable.
Ah, heavy muscled and don't value other athletes i guess. You couldn't climb it if you tried. Muscle mass is your enemy up there.

Attention whores? I dont know a single name of a person who summitted this year. We wouldn't have heard much about the submersible either if not for the deaths.

Thats a really bad way to be an attention whore. As for Everest, most are chasing personal challenges much like you chased your 6 bills. I'd say many athletes would find your meathead goals just as useless since you wouldn't have 20% of their stamina or whatever athletic style they choose to excel at.

I had a friend who played for UK who did 750. He was useless on the field.

I thought some debris from the flight did wash up on the shore, so there is at least some physical evidence that it crashed into the ocean.

I worry that if there is some thought that this thing will be found close to the Titanic, it will just inspire other idiots to try to tour the Titanic and look for this wreckage.
Pretty sure the debris they found on the island in the Indian Ocean was later determined not to be from the Malaysian flight. I think that flight is in the lower Indian Ocean near Antarctica.

I wonder if they had been found intact and suffocated if the media would have released that? I think they were going to go with this result no matter the death. Maybe tell the families the truth

I wonder if they had been found intact and suffocated if the media would have released that? I think they were going to go with this result no matter the death. Maybe tell the families the truth

It’s an interesting coincidence the implosion revelation occurred right after they would have run out oxygen.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Ah, heavy muscled and don't value other athletes i guess. You couldn't climb it if you tried. Muscle mass is your enemy up there.

Attention whores? I dont know a single name of a person who summitted this year. We wouldn't have heard much about the submersible either if not for the deaths.

Thats a really bad way to be an attention whore. As for Everest, most are chasing personal challenges much like you chased your 6 bills. I'd say many athletes would find your meathead goals just as useless since you wouldn't have 20% of their stamina or whatever athletic style they choose to excel at.

I had a friend who played for UK who did 750. He was useless on the field.
I’d say being able to pick up heavy things is way more valuable on a day to day basis throughout your life than than being able to climb a mountain. How often are you like, “good thing I can walk up a steep hill for hours!”

I think it reasonable to say anyone with the clearance and the need to know had been informed of the Navy's suspicions.

Until the Titan was found, all the sounds would be conjecture, much like the banging noise.

Imagine the outrage and conspiracy theories if they called off the search based solely on SOSUS analysis.

They had to search.

I think it reasonable to say anyone with the clearance and the need to know had been informed of the Navy's suspicions.

Until the Titan was found, all the sounds would be conjecture, much like the banging noise.

Imagine the outrage and conspiracy theories if they called off the search based solely on SOSUS analysis.

They had to search.

Military spokesman said the implosion detected was just lines on a graph, not definitive, and in no way would convince family members or other members of the public to call off a search. He said that was standard procedure in these types of accidents, they detected an implosion of a cargo ship several years ago, but still went searching, 33 men died, don't think there were any survivors.

I think waivers are generally effective, very much disagree with the premise they can be easily tossed out in court, especially when the danger is so obvious like on the Titan.

BUT . . . one way to overcome waivers is to show they were procured by fraud. OceanGate website said the Titan was designed with help from Univ of Washington and Boeing, and co designed and manufactured by the NASA headquarters in Huntsville, AL.

That statement was deleted from the website in the last few days after UW and Boeing both released statements saying they had nothing to do with the Titan, and NASA said they offered some general advice to OceanGate about what type of materials they might want to use to construct the vessel, but absolutely did not design and/or build the vessel.

Those type of misleading and false statements will get any document signed in reliance on those statements invalidated.

Of course, getting a large judgment may be the easy part, collecting from a BR entity with no insurance is going to be a tad more difficult.

I’d say being able to pick up heavy things is way more valuable on a day to day basis throughout your life than than being able to climb a mountain. How often are you like, “good thing I can walk up a steep hill for hours!”

Walk into a party with 100 people.

Isn't that the guy that climbed Everest? Yea who cares?

Who is that guy with all the people around him?
That's Rogue, he goes to the gym.
Wow, lets go meet him and get his autograph.

Come on man, why do you always do this?

Reactions: roguemocha
Because you would know when I walked in the room looking like the Egyptian Pyramids, all bricked up with no explanation.

Meanwhile, Edmund Hillary over there looks like average Joe.

Winner: Me Bro

Post Script-any adult asking for autographs is a straight loser, honestly you shouldn’t even ask for a picture.

Because you would know when I walked in the room looking like the Egyptian Pyramids, all bricked up with no explanation.

Meanwhile, Edmund Hillary over there looks like average Joe.

Winner: Me Bro

Post Script-any adult asking for autographs is a straight loser, honestly you shouldn’t even ask for a picture.

Always funny how gym bro's think that way while Hillary banging their girlfriends.

Just got back from Colorado and can confirm that it is an important skill to have some places.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Walk into a party with 100 people.

Isn't that the guy that climbed Everest? Yea who cares?

Who is that guy with all the people around him?
That's Rogue, he goes to the gym.
Wow, lets go meet him and get his autograph.

Come on man, why do you always do this?
I did not know Rogue goes to the gym. Even without that information, I choose Rogue over the guy who climbed Everest. That said, I don’t want either’s autograph.

I don’t understand why the Navy did not release that information on Sunday when they detected it. Did they not trust their equipment? It seems conclusive now that they knew the sub imploded based on the timing and their equipment’s sensors.

Side note: It’s very cool that the Navy could do that. Are you paying attention Russia/China?
I want to amend my comments about the Navy’s findings. They did in fact report their findings to the search and rescue team on Sunday. It was not the Navy that decided to withhold the info.

Climbing a mountain isn't necessarily the skill. Stamina and oxygen conversion are the real skills. I dont think strength is necessarily better than that. You're looking at it with blinders on, in my opinion.

Climbing a mountain isn't necessarily the skill. Stamina and oxygen conversion are the real skills. I dont think strength is necessarily better than that. You're looking at it with blinders on, in my opinion.

I disagree. Everest is a little different in that sherpas and guides fix ropes. But if that weren’t done it would absolutely require skill.

Reactions: chroix

That's debatable. I'd probably rather have the cardiovascular advantages of being able to summit Everest vs being able to dead lift a bunch of weight. Both would be nice but I think as you get older, making sure the ticker is sound outweighs the physical appearance.

Goddamn right I am. Blinded by the boredom of “stamina” training and “oxygen conservation” which will likely never be needed in anyone’s life to survive.

When there’s a Subaru stuck on top of you I’ll just keep on walking bro.

Last edited:
I’m a gym rat and admire endurance athletes and real deal climbers quite a bit. Takes a ton of toughness mentally and physically. I’m really sick of hearing about Everest, but it’s still a hell of a feat. This is a really dumb argument and binary thinking at its worst.

You could just as easily make an argument that endurance is more important to survival than strength. Hell, our ability to stalk, run (to escape threats as well) and hunt for days is what got us here. Both arguments are for simpletons tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT