ADVERTISEMENT

Miami (OH) TV-It's only streaming. NO, you do not have to pay extra if you currently subscribe through cable/satellite/streaming service

I couldn't find it on the menu so I emailed YouTube C/S and this was their response:

This is Christopher with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for taking the time to write an email about your inquiry with the availability of a game that will be broadcast from ESPN+ and SEC+.
As a sports fan myself, I want to make sure that I'll have access to the game of the team that I'm rooting for, or check my option on how to tune in on the upcoming game. I'd like to share that currently, both ESPN+ and SEC+ offer a separate streaming subscription that is not available on YouTube TV.
Should the game that you're inquiring about will be broadcast exclusively on these streaming services, I'm afraid that the game will not be available on YouTube TV. I would recommend checking on ESPN and the SEC website though, to check how you can stream the game for Saturday.
I hope this information helps answer your inquiry. Thanks again for your time today and for letting me share this information with you. Please let me know if you have other questions and I'll be here to help.
Christopher sounds like a robot.

Austin - I'm wondering if that info still applies this year. ESPN+ is a pay for service, I don't' think you can just dial it up for free on your device, in fact ESPN is even putting some on-line articles behind the ESPN+ paywall now.
ESPN has been putting up articles strictly for ESPN + for probably at least a decade. ESPN + and SEC Network + are 2 distinctly different thing that require 2 different logins. ESPN + is a pay service that you pay extra for. SEC Network + is included with your cable/satellite that gets you SEC Network on TV. If you get SEC Network on your TV, you can stream SEC Network +. You just have to know how to do it.

Reactions: STL_Cat
You just have to know how to do it.
Kids Reaction GIF by SHARE NOW

ESPN has been putting up articles strictly for ESPN + for probably at least a decade. ESPN + and SEC Network + are 2 distinctly different thing that require 2 different logins. ESPN + is a pay service that you pay extra for. SEC Network + is included with your cable/satellite that gets you SEC Network on TV. If you get SEC Network on your TV, you can stream SEC Network +. You just have to know how to do it.
The problem is I don’t know how. Is the ESPN on Roku different.

I couldn't find it on the menu so I emailed YouTube C/S and this was their response:

This is Christopher with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for taking the time to write an email about your inquiry with the availability of a game that will be broadcast from ESPN+ and SEC+.
As a sports fan myself, I want to make sure that I'll have access to the game of the team that I'm rooting for, or check my option on how to tune in on the upcoming game. I'd like to share that currently, both ESPN+ and SEC+ offer a separate streaming subscription that is not available on YouTube TV.
Should the game that you're inquiring about will be broadcast exclusively on these streaming services, I'm afraid that the game will not be available on YouTube TV. I would recommend checking on ESPN and the SEC website though, to check how you can stream the game for Saturday.
I hope this information helps answer your inquiry. Thanks again for your time today and for letting me share this information with you. Please let me know if you have other questions and I'll be here to help.

I have YouTubeTV.

If you have YouTube TV ... you have SEC Network ... so you have free access to SEC Network+. The bot that responded to that doesn't know what it is saying.

Go to the ESPN+ app on your smart TV, phone, computer, etc. ... sign in with your YouTubeTV username/password, and you will get SECN+.

You can try it today on events; don't wait until next Saturday night to figure it out.

I have YouTubeTV.

If you have YouTube TV ... you have SEC Network ... so you have free access to SEC Network+. The bot that responded to that doesn't know what it is saying.

Go to the ESPN+ app on your smart TV, phone, computer, etc. ... sign in with your YouTubeTV username/password, and you will get SECN+.

You can try it today on events; don't wait until next Saturday night to figure it out.
This has happened in the past. The SEC+ is reliably unreliable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it glitches. It will sometimes send you back through that authentication loop. I nearly missed the spring game due to this. The only reliable way to watch is to subscribe to ESPN+, which makes me believe it's a feature not a bug.

Reactions: UK till Death
I have YouTubeTV.

I have SEC+ but it shows an Alabama game on that station.

I have 3 SEC channels 516, 517 & 518 on my Spectrum channel. 518 is an alternate channel. Will the UK game be on that channel.

I have 3 SEC channels 516, 517 & 518 on my Spectrum channel. 518 is an alternate channel. Will the UK game be on that channel.
I am starting to think that you are just pulling everyone's chain.If you look just 3 post up I told you that you were on the correct channel when you mentioned Alabama.

I have SEC+ but it shows an Alabama game on that station.

It will not be on your cable guide (that is SEC Network). It is only through the ESPN app, etc. (SEC Network+).

Here is a direct link to the SEC Network+ broadcast of the game: https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401403859

Go to that link on your phone or computer, and try to authenticate with your provider's username/login. If you have a smart TV (or a Roku or Firestick hooked up to it), go to to the ESPN app on there, and find the game, and then sign-in.

It will not be on your cable guide (that is SEC Network). It is only through the ESPN app, etc. (SEC Network+).

Here is a direct link to the SEC Network+ broadcast of the game: https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401403859

Go to that link on your phone or computer, and try to authenticate with your provider's username/login. If you have a smart TV (or a Roku or Firestick hooked up to it), go to to the ESPN app on there, and find the game, and then sign-in.
Will I need to wait until Saturday to sign in or will I be able to find the game before then and then resign in again on Saturday

I have YouTube TV as my primary service and last year I found no other way to get ESPN+ but to fork over the $6.99 for a monthly subscription, which I cancelled after the game. At this point I would rather pay the ransom then spend more time trying figure out a work around.
I’d listen to Tom Leach before I’d pay the ransom.

Reactions: rye48 and CGblue
Will I need to wait until Saturday to sign in or will I be able to find the game before then and then resign in again on Saturday

You can sign in now, and it'll tell you that you have logged in. You shouldn't have to sign-in a second time.

Just log in and watch ANY event this week and see if it works.

There is absolutely no hooping jumping to be done to watch this game, lol. What is wrong with some of you people. Super easy to tune in and watch this game, my guess is 75% of you already have a Smart TV. And the other 24% probably have a firestick or Roku. 1% of posters here might actually have a challenge finding this game.

I have YouTubeTV.

I know this is right because I paid for it originally last year, and found out after the act I didn't have to. I am also a YouTubeTV subscriber (with the SECN). All I have to do is pull up my ESPN app on my smart tv, I am in.

I have youtube tv, am unable to acess sec plus ,I called them and they told told me it's not included.

I’m surprised that this game got relegated to this setup. Miami is projected to be at the top of a conference that routinely produces teams that upset P5 schools. UK is receiving plenty of preseason accolades and bold predictions. I would have thought The Youngstown St game would have gotten this treatment instead.

Austin - I'm wondering if that info still applies this year. ESPN+ is a pay for service, I don't' think you can just dial it up for free on your device, in fact ESPN is even putting some on-line articles behind the ESPN+ paywall now.
I'm afraid you're correct. Based on everything i've seen, ESPN+ has exclusive rights to this game. I'll go ahead and sign up today and cancel next week.

Reactions: CGblue
What if you haven't had cable in a decade?

I've got Hulu and get the SECNetwork through that. 🤷‍♂️

I'm 99.8% sure I could just find a stream on other sites that shall not be named, but I'd rather not go through the trouble.

What if you haven't had cable in a decade?

I've got Hulu and get the SECNetwork through that. 🤷‍♂️

I'm 99.8% sure I could just find a stream on other sites that shall not be named, but I'd rather not go through the trouble.
As has been said a few times already. If you are paying for the SEC Network through any provider at all, including Hulu, you will be able to stream the game. You may have to do it with the ESPN app and your Hulu login - it will prompt you for that - but you'll have the game.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I saw in another thread there are questions about this so I thought I would answer here. If everyone remembers, we went through this once in football and twice in basketball last year. It will be the same every year. 1 football and 2 basketball games will be streaming only.
Is the game on TV? No
Streaming is the only way to watch? Yes
If I pay for ESPN on cable/satellite do I need to pay extra for SEC Network Plus? No!!! No!!! it is included with your current cable/satellite.

AGAIN, DO I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA SEC NETWORK PLUS? NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! Please don't complain about this. You're wrong.

Feel free to complain from here on in if you want to complain about it being a pain in the butt. I would advise you to not only get over it but embrace it. FYI, it will get you a lot of the volleyball games not on SEC Network.

What do I need? Your cable/satellite/streaming log in for doing business online. If somehow you are someone that still gets a bill in the mail and send a check back you would need to set this up. Get that USER NAME and PASSWORD.

To watch on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phone... Go to the ESPN website/app and enter your user name and password. Click on the game link when it starts and it should have a watch option. There are actually a couple of different ways to navigate there.

To watch on TV. Figure out how to cast your device to the TV. The best thing to do is just go buy a Roku or other streaming stick. It's
$30 so no big deal. The ESPN app should already be on it. If not, download the app. Go to the settings in the top right corner (the little wheel) and go to log in with provider and enter your user name and password there.
All smart TVs made less than 10 years ago allow you to download the ESPN app if it doesn't already come with it. Log into it with your cable login credentials and it's just like watching cable. No need to watch on your computer or cast it from another device. You can pull up the game, then hit pause and come back later if you like to skip commercials like me and rewind/FF works. You can also watch the full game shortly after the game ends, as it is archived.

All smart TVs made less than 10 years ago allow you to download the ESPN app if it doesn't already come with it. Log into it with your cable login credentials and it's just like watching cable. No need to watch on your computer or cast it from another device. You can pull up the game, then hit pause and come back later if you like to skip commercials like me and rewind/FF works. You can also watch the full game shortly after the game ends, as it is archived.
Not on LG’s. Not that I’ve been able to find

If you have good internet service streaming is great and much cheaper.
That is my problem as I live out in the country and my internet is not great. They are working on bring in a fiber optic deal in another year and I will be looking into that.

That is my problem as I live out in the country and my internet is not great. They are working on bring in a fiber optic deal in another year and I will be looking into that.
You do probably need fiber optic to get a reliable signal. I have spectrum in my home in Kentucky and streaming works well most of the time but not always but in my vacation home in Virginia I have fiber optic and streaming works great.

Reactions: westerncat
Glenn, our cable subscription includes SEC Network. Man, I hope you're right about this.
I am. I 100% guarantee it. You probably watched volleyball games on it last year. You have to do it through either the ESPN website or an app on your TV if you have a smart TV or streaming device (Roku, Fire Stick..). I have another 3 1/2 hours in the car on my way to Florida for the game next week. I wouldn't put my phone number on here but if you can find a way to get it to me I could talk you through it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT