ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer Still Saying It's a Tossup Between 2 Schools for Diallo

Just like Alexander last year, right?

Alexander didn't have as bad of a season you guys try to push before he got suspended. He was extremely foul prone at the beginning of the season so it was best for both KU and Cliff for him not to start. Then a few games later he got the starting spot and played really well. He started struggling the last couple of games before his suspension and most think he knew something was about to go down. Even his HS coach came down for a game a couple of games before his suspension and said "something isn't right with Cliff". Sure enough, his mom f'ed up and Cliff knew his days were numbered.

No, Calipari has said numerous times that Poythress will be playing power forward. I really wish our fans would stop ignoring this...

So you think he is recruiting Kirk to be a starter at SF or do you think we are getting Brown. Otherwise we have no SF unless we move Poythress there or use a guard at wing. When we played three guards last year when Lyles was not on the floor it hurt us on the boards. I would like to see Poythress get a shot at PF but if he miss out on Brown after Ingram declared for Duke then Cal will adapt to what he has available. it doesn't look like Willis will be a starter there.

I don't know but I think UK ends up getting Diallo.( just a feeling) There is more playing time for him at UK than at KU. We really do not know how Alex is going to come back from his injury so there is a big question mark at he PF. As for Brown I think there is little chance he will come to UK. I would love to have Brown but have never thought that he would be here.

So you think he is recruiting Kirk to be a starter at SF or do you think we are getting Brown. Otherwise we have no SF unless we move Poythress there or use a guard at wing. When we played three guards last year when Lyles was not on the floor it hurt us on the boards. I would like to see Poythress get a shot at PF but if he miss out on Brown after Ingram declared for Duke then Cal will adapt to what he has available. it doesn't look like Willis will be a starter there.
Using a guard at the wing is a much more likely scenario than Poythress. Matthews and Mulder there would be a better fit than Poythress. Our biggest problem on the boards last year wasn't that we used three guards, it's because our guards didn't even really attempt to rebound unless the ball came right to them. All of them had a defensive rebounding % of under 9%, which is pathetic. At least Ulis had the excuse of being 5'9", what excuse did the Harrisons and Booker have with their size? Compare the rebounding %s of UK's guards and three men to that of other top teams like Arizona, Wisconsin, Duke, etc. UK's guards and three men outside of Lyles just refused to rebound, not like that on other top teams.

Alexander didn't have as bad of a season you guys try to push before he got suspended. He was extremely foul prone at the beginning of the season so it was best for both KU and Cliff for him not to start. Then a few games later he got the starting spot and played really well. He started struggling the last couple of games before his suspension and most think he knew something was about to go down. Even his HS coach came down for a game a couple of games before his suspension and said "something isn't right with Cliff". Sure enough, his mom f'ed up and Cliff knew his days were numbered.

Cliff Alexander looked awful when he played! I didn't even recognize the kid I thought would dominate in college basketball. Kansas fans always play that crap, but it's just not true.

Perry Ellis, Carlton Bragg, the other big that's a senior next year.
a senior Perry Ellis and the other senior playing center being the 2 keys.

except Ellis is the only guy that's going to get guaranteed minutes. You can hardly call that a logjam. My point being just that I don't think this is going to be much of a factor in his final selection.

except Ellis is the only guy that's going to get guaranteed minutes. You can hardly call that a logjam. My point being just that I don't think this is going to be much of a factor in his final selection.

Guaranteed minutes at power forward, which is Diallo's position. Will be in college, and will be in the NBA. Aside from that, you can't ignore the whole ordeal with Self not giving minutes to Cliff and Oubre, and their stock suffering for it.
6 months in Lawrence, and Cliff will have lost millions of dollars. Oubre will lose a couple million as well for that move.

I know, and you know that isn't how Bill Self rolls. You needed Cliff bad, didn't get him off the bench much. You all needed Oubre bad, he spent half the season riding the pine. Both of their stocks were negatively affected. Self very seldom lets freshmen start, especially when he has that many experienced frontcourt players, the star of your team being a PF above all else.

where is Oubre projected to go? lottery or nah?

Guaranteed minutes at power forward, which is Diallo's position. Will be in college, and will be in the NBA. Aside from that, you can't ignore the whole ordeal with Self not giving minutes to Cliff and Oubre, and their stock suffering for it.
6 months in Lawrence, and Cliff will have lost millions of dollars. Oubre will lose a couple million as well for that move.
It's completely stupid to think that Diallo can't play center on the college level... he would get all the minutes he wants here

What other bigs does Kansas have that would play same position as Diallo??
At Kansas diallo would be needed much more at the 5 because Ellis and Bragg will NOT be off the floor a lot. At UK Diallo could play his natural position at the 4 having Skal at the 5.

Diallo is needed more at UK and fits in better with the players around him at UK. we have fewer frontcourt players than KU and less experience. Kansas has Traylor and Lucas for the 5 and Ellis and Bragg for the 4.

It's completely stupid to think that Diallo can't play center on the college level... he would get all the minutes he wants here

You're doing that thing, where you see what you want to see, but you're not seeing everything that I'm not saying. Bill Self won't do it. Bill Self didn't play Cliff and Oubre nearly as much as he should have last season, and it costed them (to the tune of millions).
Diallo doesn't need to learn how to be a center, he's going to be a PF in the NBA. The dude is 6'9, he should be a PF in college. I know you all roll with 6'8 and 6'9 centers in Kansas, but Cliff had a helluva time trying to get off the bench over Jamari Traylor at center, and Bill Self be damned if Diallo, or any other freshman plays over Perry Ellis at PF.
Unless he wants 10 MPG, he's not going to get all the minutes he wants there, history supports that.

At Kansas diallo would be needed much more at the 5 because Ellis and Bragg will NOT be off the floor a lot. At UK Diallo could play his natural position at the 4 having Skal at the 5.

Diallo is needed more at UK and fits in better with the players around him at UK. we have fewer frontcourt players than KU and less experience. Kansas has Traylor and Lucas for the 5 and Ellis and Bragg for the 4.

I completely disagree. Kansas needs Diallo more. UK will be fine with our rotation. Not impressed with KU's frontline nearly as much as ours. With that said, I think UK's the better choice for him.

If Alexander had came here he'd be in much better shape than he is now. I think he would have had a much better year. That's what he gets for trashing us after he committed to Kansas.

Just like Alexander last year, right?
Totally agree on this one; negative recruiting against Self just like everyone does against Cal.
Alexander and that entire recruiting class was a questionable group.

Cal has never had issues telling kids you're going to have to earn it. Does Cal believe that? Mostly, but like anyone else, he has favorites.

You're doing that thing, where you see what you want to see, but you're not seeing everything that I'm not saying. Bill Self won't do it. Bill Self didn't play Cliff and Oubre nearly as much as he should have last season, and it costed them (to the tune of millions).
Diallo doesn't need to learn how to be a center, he's going to be a PF in the NBA. The dude is 6'9, he should be a PF in college. I know you all roll with 6'8 and 6'9 centers in Kansas, but Cliff had a helluva time trying to get off the bench over Jamari Traylor at center, and Bill Self be damned if Diallo, or any other freshman plays over Perry Ellis at PF.
Unless he wants 10 MPG, he's not going to get all the minutes he wants there, history supports that.
Diallo's style of play is more like a center's. You have it backwards, eventually he will need to learn to play PF for the NBA, he will have no problem playing center against high school and college competition. Definitely looks like he has more size than Cliff, he's probably taller than 6'9". "Cliff had a helluva time trying to get off the bench over Jamari Traylor at center" Jamari is 6'7" lol, if you think Cliff's size is why Jamari played over him you are terribly wrong.

4 picks on the Crystal Ball flipped from UK to KU today...KU out to 44% for Diallo

If you actually look at the crystal ball, most of the Kansas picks are The Shiver guys or Duke writers. Kentucky's people are taking UK along with two of the national correspondents. A couple have St. John's.

If you dismissed the Duke vote and Meyer himself, it looks like nobody knows.

Extremely late offer to Kirk last night may mean Cal knows about Diallo's decision

If you actually look at the crystal ball, most of the Kansas picks are The Shiver guys or Duke writers. Kentucky's people are taking UK along with two of the national correspondents. A couple have St. John's.

If you dismissed the Duke vote and Meyer himself, it looks like nobody knows.
Couple of UK guys just changed their pick from UK to KU today

Why the hell are these Kansas bums on here commenting? Where was y'all after Wichita State beat that ass in the tournament? Where was y'all after we destroyed you earlier this year? You're not as good as UK and you never will be.

"It feels so good to make the second round."- T-Mac vs. The Pistons or Diallo at KU next season?

His loss if the rumors are true.

Couple of UK guys just changed their pick from UK to KU today
I see one UK guy that picked Kansas today. And I haven't heard of Jason Marcum before. The three previous picks from UK guys (all last week) were for Diallo to UK.

They are just picks. I don't think anyone knows for certain. Although Kansas coaches are typically loose-lipped about prospects they are getting so things will have slipped out by now if Kansas was confident they were getting him. Or, I could be completely wrong.

UK will struggle next season. We missed out on way too many quality players.

If true that Diallo goes to KU, I would guess we will be mediocre. Once again Duke gets us in a down year ... sigh.
My guess is we'll start out the year ranked in the top 10. There will be no overpowering teams next year. The success of the team will depend on how they come together. in that regard, it's not wise to bet against CJC. We will not be mediocre (unless via injury)....

The Shiver is a cesspool of shit throwers. Whatever sticks........Matt has zero credibility as he's batting .377 with 5,000 at bats. In his business, he's as bad at predicting as it gets. Kansas fans are so blinded by their envy of UK they'll eat up anything positive he throws their way.

I'd ignore anything coming from his side.

My guess is we'll start out the year ranked in the top 10. There will be no overpowering teams next year. The success of the team will depend on how they come together. in that regard, it's not wise to bet against CJC. We will not be mediocre (unless via injury)....
I think we would be an average team that will struggle to score.

Even without Diallo, we will have 3 five star post players. Skal, Poythress, and Lee. Who else has that? Who??????? Much less a starting 5 star back court, one with a years experience.

We have the best post player in America next years hands down. Also one of the top point guards. We will be fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT