ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer Still Saying It's a Tossup Between 2 Schools for Diallo

If Cal can land one of Murray/Diallo/Brown to go along with Mulder I will be absolutely ecstatic! Two of the three means Final Four favorites once again. Get it done Cal!

Reactions: Galbpt02
Even if we do not get Diallo, We have Lee coming back for his third year. It is nice to see Cal has covered his bases on this one reguardless.

I guess if Diallo comes we move Poy to 3? I was kind of getting excited to see what Poy could do at the 4, but you take what you can get.

Even if we do not get Diallo, We have Lee coming back for his third year. It is nice to see Cal has covered his bases on this one reguardless.

I guess if Diallo comes we move Poy to 3? I was kind of getting excited to see what Poy could do at the 4, but you take what you can get.

Lee needs to pull a WCS and work on becoming a 60-70% free throw shooter. He can't play if he can't hit free throws.

Lee needs to pull a WCS and work on becoming a 60-70% free throw shooter. He can't play if he can't hit free throws.
I'd sure like to see Lee put on 15-20 pounds of muscle this summer too.

Hmm interesting. I agree this is what it should be. APoy has no skills at the three, but we are pretty thin at positions 1-3. Hope we can get another guard so we can move Poy to the 4.
Ulis, Briscoe, and Matthews (Mulder, jr. Hawkins?, or Murray)
I liked watching Diallo at the all star games but that is different than a real game. I also saw him in a real game on tv and he was no where near his AS game stats. Is he better than a healthy Senior AP at the 4? Is he a 1ad? He looks like another raw version of WCS and Lee. I would be happy to get him. His talents would go to waste at ku if he wants to be a 1ad. GBB

Im on freaking pins and needles as this kid Diallo could help bring UK # 9.

Without him we are thin on the frontline.

UK will likely get Mychal Mulder today who is a 6'5" wing with the athleticism to play/guard the 3 spot. There's also Jamal Murray who's 6'5" and mulling over reclassifying. Ideally, UK gets Brown and doesn't have to worry about it.

Brown is exactly what I am hoping for.

If it is down to UK and Kansas - I would think it is a good thing that UK had two visits with him, the second of which he asked for. Plus Kansas has more bigs to eat into minutes and Self has proven less comfortable playing freshmen in key spots. Come on down Diallo - be part of the familia!!

Brown is exactly what I am hoping for.
Brown is the TRUE wildcard. Fit in with skal and Briscoe nice. His game is similar to MKG and Winslow's. Cal should send him to the offensive boards every play and leak out on the defensive end for transition as much as possible. He is not the best shooter but I think he will be a matchup nightmare. GBB

If UK gets 2/3 of Mulder, Murray and Diallo or heaven help my excitement all 3...how does Cal not platoon again? I guess you can cut one guy out and go 8 man rotation, but you have:

1. Ulis 2. Briscoe 3. Mulder 4. Matthews 5. Skal 6. Poy 7. Lee, and 8. Murray/Diallo and 9. Murray/Diallo

Reactions: reignof cats
If UK gets 2/3 of Mulder, Murray and Diallo or heaven help my excitement all 3...how does Cal not platoon again? I guess you can cut one guy out and go 8 man rotation, but you have:

1. Ulis 2. Briscoe 3. Mulder 4. Matthews 5. Skal 6. Poy 7. Lee, and 8. Murray/Diallo and 9. Murray/Diallo

Cal is never platooning again IMO. If he gets the Mulder/Murray/Diallo trio one of those guys is going to be the odd man out and I think Cal will fight hard to trim the rotation to 7. (Also not sure how much Matthews is going to play. Think he might be a year away from being anything more than a spot contributor.)

Believe he's much more comfortable playing tight, Woodenesque rotations.

Cal is never platooning again IMO. If he gets the Mulder/Murray/Diallo trio one of those guys is going to be the odd man out and I think Cal will fight hard to trim the rotation to 7. (Also not sure how much Matthews is going to play. Think he might be a year away from being anything more than a spot contributor.)

Believe he's much more comfortable playing tight, Woodenesque rotations.

If it goes down to 7 I'd say Mathews is the easy to guess first man out , and unless a lot changes I'd say Lee is down to spot minutes again...but he has an off-season to improve and compete better. He needs to first learn how to shoot FTs at at leas 50% or better for God's sake.

We really need to get Diallo today, but I don't know why some don't realize how important getting Murray is. If we have a shot at 9 next year it'll be cause we get Murray. I want to see this lineup.

Ulis
Murray
Mulder
Diallo
Skal

Then Briscoe, Mathews, Poy, and Lee off the bench. If Mulder's as good as advertised he's starting. especially with his 3 point shooting.

I just don't have much confidence in Lee to be a starter. He's athletic, but undersized, can't shoot free throws and the only time he can score is a dunk. I don't think he could hit an 8 foot jump shot. He has potential, but a long way to go based on what we have seen over the past 2 years.

I believe Lee is going to play and i think he is better than Diallo......jmo

I would feel better about the frontcourt if I knew we were getting, at the very least, 2014-2015 pre-injury Poythress. I do believe we'll see an improved Lee but Poythress's ability remains a bit of a question mark. I would by all means be ecstatic about Diallo regardless of the circumstances but the feeling would be more that he is a guy that can put us over the top as opposed to feeling somewhat like a 'need'. Speaks only towards my confidence in what I think I know at this juncture. Think being the operative word.

Its looking like the only thing that saves UK from 7 players declaring and losing the perfect season to Whisky in the FF is this kid Diallo.....

All are Big Blue Eggs have been placed in one 'basket'....

What other bigs does Kansas have that would play same position as Diallo??

Perry Ellis, Carlton Bragg, the other big that's a senior next year.
a senior Perry Ellis and the other senior playing center being the 2 keys.

It looks like we missed out on our two targets at SF which meana Poythress is back at SF regardless of whether we get Diallo although it would be nice to see what he could have done at the 4.

Perry Ellis, Carlton Bragg, the other big that's a senior next year.
a senior Perry Ellis and the other senior playing center being the 2 keys.

Diallo starts along side Ellis from day 1. Bragg is the first big off the bench. Diallo complements both Ellis and Bragg very nicely. As the entire country saw last year, Traylor and Lucas should see nothing more than spot minutes. We (KU) need Diallo BAD..

It looks like we missed out on our two targets at SF which meana Poythress is back at SF regardless of whether we get Diallo although it would be nice to see what he could have done at the 4.
No, Calipari has said numerous times that Poythress will be playing power forward. I really wish our fans would stop ignoring this...

Reactions: railroadkat_1
He gets playing time regardless of where he signs. He liked the assists from Briscoe at Jordan classic and like Skal who he roomed with speaks French so hopefully that will help.

Diallo starts along side Ellis from day 1. Bragg is the first big off the bench. Diallo complements both Ellis and Bragg very nicely. As the entire country saw last year, Traylor and Lucas should see nothing more than spot minutes. We (KU) need Diallo BAD..

I know, and you know that isn't how Bill Self rolls. You needed Cliff bad, didn't get him off the bench much. You all needed Oubre bad, he spent half the season riding the pine. Both of their stocks were negatively affected. Self very seldom lets freshmen start, especially when he has that many experienced frontcourt players, the star of your team being a PF above all else.

ADVERTISEMENT