ADVERTISEMENT

Mathers and Meador

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
I wonder if big OL Jake Meador from IN and RB I'Tavius Mathers will rethink their commitments to Ole Miss. I really thought we were going to get both of these guys and then out of nowhere they pledge to OM. With each passing week it looks more likely that Houston Nutt will be fired. I wonder if these guys love the coach or school more?

I think at this point we will have to wait for a win over Ole Miss to have it make a bit of difference. I hope it comes, I think Ole Miss five turanovers, much like we gave them the game last year.

Nothing would make me happier than beating Ole Miss (which we should)...& getting Jake Meador to flip his commitment to the CATS (assuming he still has a UK offer)...I think we would be crazy not to continue recruiting this mammoth & if you read my reply about Darone Bailey, UK still needs some OT help for the future. Anyhow, it's a lot shorter drive for his family to Lexington than Oxford, & I hope we can "Lock Him Down" after we beat Ole Miss (hopefully) in November!!...GO CATS!!

Meador has openly said just recently in an article on the other site (formerly known as) that he has reopened his recruiting and that UK definitely has a shot.

No mention of Mathers, although he was my clear favorite for this yr to land for his position. I would "Reggie Bush" Mathers all over the field as a freshman......RB, slot, WR, PR, KR. You name it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT