ADVERTISEMENT

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Wife and I just finished it and it was consistently very funny, quirky, well-acted and entertaining. Very few soliloquys about what's wrong with the world, just very well done entertainment. My wife really wanted to watch it and I wasn't that enthused initially but thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Tony Shalhoub is just great as is the rest of the cast. 5 seasons, about 42 total episodes and they're all released so you bingers can get through it quickly.

It's getting harder and harder for me to find things on the various streaming services to watch but this was very, very much worth my time. With Netflix going postal on sharing logins (we've been paying for 4 at a time but my kids no longer live in my home), we're reevaluating just how much we watch Netflix anymore. A lot of 'preachy'/subtle political leaning type of programming, a lot of original content targeting a younger demographic and some of the recent original content just frankly hasn't been that good. Might just be the excuse we need to cull the herd (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and Disney with Sling during CFB season). To be fair, we don't pay for all of these but we pay for a couple and my kids pay for a couple and we share.

I actually liked that one too and completely forgot about the last season. Watched the first 4. Is season 5 any good? Is it over? Watched daisy and the six on prime as well recently and thought it was really good as well.

I actually liked that one too and completely forgot about the last season. Watched the first 4. Is season 5 any good? Is it over? Watched daisy and the six on prime as well recently and thought it was really good as well.
Season 5 is VERY strong, imo. Wraps up pretty much everything very well. Daisy Jones and The Six was also very good. After we watched that, I read the book. The series stayed very close to the book. Thought DJATS might just be a fancy 'Behind the Music' but thought it was much better than that.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT