ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope…

Five years from now: Pope as future Kentucky coach with Calipari as the retired ambassador to assist with recruiting?

Thoughts?

I saw that he just chastised the student section, simply for wearing shirts that spelt out "hornsdown". Made them take the shirts off, saying "this isn't who we are".

Not gonna lie, that sealed his fate for me. Not the guy for this fanbase.

It's Hurley or someone else in a few years we aren't aware of. Good luck if it's anyone else.

Five years from now: Pope as future Kentucky coach with Calipari as the retired ambassador to assist with recruiting?

Thoughts?
After this season get cal outta Lexington. That dude isn’t making it 5 years more in lex without winning and I mean big. That buyout is coming down and Cals about outta time. Another first weekend flameout and its curtains. If pope took byu on a run there would be a movement to bring him in. I don’t see him coexisting with cal though. Whoever that would be hypothetically would be a handpicked assistant maybe even a ulis. No successful high major coach would consider working with cal still involved. That was the dumbest thing about Barney’s contract. That contract is a two stage program killer. First demotivate your coach by giving him tens of millions after a season of underachievement then scare off his successor by making cal an ambassador. Cal the man with the massive ego who will not adjust. No successful coach will want that dude overshadowing him. Barney turned the bb program into the Calipari wildcats.

Thoughts?
Nah, this may sound trivial. But during the game the student section has their shirts that read "horns down." Pope asked them to remove their shirts.
Sorry, idk want a coach with that mindset

As soon as Pope takes a team to the final four, then he can enter the conversation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT