ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope…

Mark Pope can coach. Not sure if his skin is thick enough for this job.

He would leave BYU for UK in an instant
He's Mormon and his family has ties to Utah. Mark might want to come back but it's not always easy when family is involved. Sometimes you don't mess with happiness. One of the main reasons Mark Few hasn't left Gonzaga is the fly fishing in Spokane.

We don’t need to worry about recruiting. That’s not working. We need a coach that can win titles and not draft night titles.

Our recruiting rankings aren't transferring into titles

Pope hasn't won jack as a coach. Pitino and cal both won at smaller schools to a final four before coming here.

And no UK coach has won titles plural since Rupp in the 40s and 50s.

I would be okay with Pope as our coach in the future.

But he needs to lead BYU on some deep tourney runs consistently over the next several years and get to a Final Four to build his resume.

Reactions: Zissou87
Sad to see him address the insanity of the horns down t-shirts and how their students or players would never do such a horrible thing. Come on Pope!! Don't buy into this crap.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Man nobody wants Mark Pope here, smh, stop with the foolishness..recruiting would go to hell
Stupid comment. Pope would go great here. Recruiting at Ky is way easier than BYU or anywhere else. If you claim to be a UK fan you really ought to know that. Pope runs really good stuff on offense and with good talent I think he would do great. You really don’t have a clue if you believe what you typed.

Reactions: Blouman
Oh I didn’t realize BYU is in the big 12 now. Haven’t kept up with all the crazy conference realignment.

Anyway, he may be unlikely to leave since he’s Mormon. I don’t think the Mormons have changed conferences lol

He transferred to UK, so there is hope in Pope

You disagree?

You think mark pope is the best Kentucky could do? Really?

Guy is a Rhodes Scholar. Put it this way, if you couldn't make a big splash he would be the next best option. He is smart, relatively young and well, smart

I'd give him a shot if we can get rid of Cal soon. Cal can't even win at a good level or with tournament success anymore. All these 5 stars aren't making a difference. We are lacking in the coaching department. Pope could bring in some good assistants to help with the recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT