ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Lee or Cheick Diallo

I live in California now, and was at a Warriors camp recently that my son was attending and met a guy who goes to church with Lee's family in the east bay. He said that they all expect big things from him this year and that he's looking at this being a breakout year as he's been waiting his chance. Put that together with what Cal said about this being Lee and Alex's year and I think Lee knows it's his time and will be ready. I look for Lee to explode this year.

Haha.The reason recruits stay just a year is because they want NBA money.I doubt they give a crap about fan opinion.

I am not talking about fans' opinions. I am talking about Cal's practice of playing freshmen in front of more seasoned upper classmen. Obviously, there are cases when the freshmen are clearly better, but there are other cases when there might be a toss up or the upper classmen might be slightly better, yet they come off the bench or don't play much at all. It might come as a shock to you, but some players and their handlers are very concerned about the possibility of being recruited over if they don't go to the NBA after their freshman year.

I am not talking about fans' opinions. I am talking about Cal's practice of playing freshmen in front of more seasoned upper classmen. Obviously, there are cases when the freshmen are clearly better, but there are other cases when there might be a toss up or the upper classmen might be slightly better, yet they come off the bench or don't play much at all. It might come as a shock to you, but some players and their handlers are very concerned about the possibility of being recruited over if they don't go to the NBA after their freshman year.
Calipari plays his best players. Period.

I love how quick people are to just dismiss Lee. The poor guy just needed all along what he is going to get this year: PLAYING TIME. He is a great talent and will earn the respect of many of you before his time is done here. Marcus shouldn't be thrown to the side so easily, remember this is a 5 star kid in college. I myself am rooting for him harder than anyone else this upcoming season. He can provide much more than any of us have seen, and if you will remember in the Michigan game a couple of years ago he has great energy (ala MKG) just not motivation to show it. Come back to me at the end of next season and bash me if I am wrong but I am glad this kid is at UK. (This is assuming we do not get Diallo or Brown, which i have gathered to be true, and yes I do know a current member on the team)

Reactions: Raroyder
Diallo may have the more upside, but I think lee will have something to prove this year. It's easy to forget he was an all american. His defense is very good and he's an excellent teammate. He just needs some playing time. Once he's out there I think he will be a big part of our success next yr. If him and poythress don't play to their abilities, it could be a long season. We need a down low banger ala Terrance jones to go with skal.

Reactions: bigbris2008
Diallo.

We've seen two years of Lee and his offensive inability is still present. I'd take Diallo if given the choice.

Diallo.

We've seen two years of Lee and his offensive inability is still present. I'd take Diallo if given the choice.

Right, then we see freshman Diallo's offensive inability lol. Terrific logic.

Lee can give us good minutes next year,he is going to have to cut down on the number os silly fouls he picked up at times last year.He got lost on defense some of the time then committed a foul trying to get back in position.We need him to play big minutes but he has to be able to stay on the floor .

Lee can give us good minutes next year,he is going to have to cut down on the number os silly fouls he picked up at times last year.He got lost on defense some of the time then committed a foul trying to get back in position.We need him to play big minutes but he has to be able to stay on the floor .
Lee needs to work on his offensive game over the summer. He needs to become much better from the charity stripe.

Lee needs to work on his offensive game over the summer. He needs to become much better from the charity stripe.
Yes he does,there is much he needs to do,it looks like he will get his chance next year,I hope he works at being ready to take advantage of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT