ADVERTISEMENT

Manley

Why dont you go root for UL instead of UK then? I am sure there has been more requests for you to leave than for me to.

What lineman you got a problem with?

Because I don't want to. If only I cared.

Figure it out.

This is Rivals, not Scout. When they change it here, then we'll talk some more about Toth vs. Manley. Until then, there are other players to compare where Manley still wins out in the rankings on Scout if that is what matters to you now.

You didnt answer my question...what lineman do you have a problem with?

People get on message boards and state their opinions which great!! But there is one thing that never lies, and that would be video. Whether you're for Manley or against Manley, just look at the film. It will never lead you in the wrong direction. Get on youtube and be a scout!! See what college coaches saw!!

Originally posted by OneGOAL:
People get on message boards and state their opinions which great!! But there is one thing that never lies, and that would be video. Whether you're for Manley or against Manley, just look at the film. It will never lead you in the wrong direction. Get on youtube and be a scout!! See what college coaches saw!!

??? A somewhat silly post to me, yes I played football, but always as a back both ways. So what should I look for on the film, that he is six inches taller than anyone else, that he bowls over a DT that turns out to weigh 180#, that he "looks" fast, that he didn't fall down when he pulled out, what?

Sorry, the coaches do this stuff for a living, they have stop watches, scales, vertical jumps, shuttle times, know the players the recruit is up against, on and on. There is a lot you miss on the film of a players highlight, including the plays where someone ran over him. You also get a chance to talk to the player and form an opinion about what he is like, etc, when you have them in camp.

Sorry, I am just a fan, I am not a scout. And neither are almost all the other "experts" on here.

"However, losing the best in-state lineman, who is a quality player with other good offers, to your rival because you took others prematurely is bad PR. Many more people in addition to me are displeased whether they want to comment or not." per our reighning expert, Trungula

You really have to wonder who Trungula is a fan of. So, you know he is the best in-state lineman, I think most reasonable fans would agree that won't be known for several years yet. Is he better than Chapman, or Pearman, or actually any number of other players in the state? What are all the other good offers that Manley had? It sounds like the one from UK didn't last, after they had more time to evaluate what was available.

Just how "premature" were some of those offers, didn't one of the signees have very impressive camps at ND and Pitt, aren't those two pretty good football schools? Do you know anything about what you are spouting as gospel?

You are right about one thing though, if UK's coaches really thought he was that good looks like they wouldn't have conceded him to their rival without more of a fight.

Count me among the fans that are not the least bit displeased that Manley didn't sign with us. I do think he missed the boat by not learning his craft under Summers though.

Now, tell us how bad Summers is.

Originally posted by jauk11:
So what should I look for on the film, that he is six inches taller than anyone else, that he bowls over a DT that turns out to weigh 180#, that he "looks" fast, that he didn't fall down when he pulled out, what?

Sorry, the coaches do this stuff for a living, they have stop watches, scales, vertical jumps, shuttle times, know the players the recruit is up against, on and on. There is a lot you miss on the film of a players highlight, including the plays where someone ran over him. You also get a chance to talk to the player and form an opinion about what he is like, etc, when you have them in camp.

Sorry, I am just a fan, I am not a scout. And neither are almost all the other "experts" on here.

Will you be saying this to everybody who says, "Have you seen his film?"

"However, losing the best in-state lineman, who is a quality player with other good offers, to your rival because you took others prematurely is bad PR. Many more people in addition to me are displeased whether they want to comment or not." per our reighning expert, Trungula

You really have to wonder who Trungula is a fan of. So, you know he is the best in-state lineman, I think most reasonable fans would agree that won't be known for several years yet. Is he better than Chapman, or Pearman, or actually any number of other players in the state? What are all the other good offers that Manley had? It sounds like the one from UK didn't last, after they had more time to evaluate what was available.

Just how "premature" were some of those offers, didn't one of the signees have very impressive camps at ND and Pitt, aren't those two pretty good football schools? Do you know anything about what you are spouting as gospel?

You are right about one thing though, if UK's coaches really thought he was that good looks like they wouldn't have conceded him to their rival without more of a fight.

Count me among the fans that are not the least bit displeased that Manley didn't sign with us. I do think he missed the boat by not learning his craft under Summers though.

I am not sure why you are comparing him to D Linemen when they offensive part of his position superlative was strongly implied. A pretty silly thing to do.

Having a "impressive camp" and still not coming away with an offer speaks volumes. How many prospects over the years have we heard had good camps, such as the in-state player who set Nike Sparq rating records, and people like Jonas Murrell who was named the top lineman at Miami, which is also a pretty good football school? There are examples like that every year.

After reading this board, Summers is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Finally, while quite a bit overboard like most of your posts, your last sentence showed there might be some hope for you.

Originally posted by OneGOAL:

??? A somewhat silly post to me, yes I played football, but always as a back both ways. So what should I look for on the film, that he is six inches taller than anyone else, that he bowls over a DT that turns out to weigh 180#, that he "looks" fast, that he didn't fall down when he pulled out, what?

Sorry for ya know thinking the people on this board actually watched the game of football. I can get my girlfriend to watch football and see can say who looks like a good player and who doesn't.

My point was this...a highlight film is supposed to leave the person watching it in awe. If it doesn't, there should be some kind of bells and whistles that go off.

I'm aware that most "skill" guys think they're the best athlete to step on the field; but I'm sure there are some basic fundamentals that you learned that apply to every position. Both tangible and intangible.

Try thinking outside the box...you might surprise yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT