ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK will be kicking Lil Bros butt for a while

I really don't know how you come up with it not being close. UK had a class in 14 ranked much higher, but UofL's class rankings don't show Josh Harvey-Clemons, a 5*, or Shaq Wiggins somehow a 4* or the Fields kid from TCU who was a 4* I think, those 3 would have given that class a huge boost, UofL actually had the higher ranked class in 15 and at this point in the 16 class they are very close, UK already has their 20 counters while UofL has 17, adding 3 or 4 more will make the classes virtually the same. Of course that doesn't take into account that rankings will change and you can't be sure they always go up.

But there is a kid in Georgia, committed to us at one time in fact, a top 10 OL, but something happened, we backed away from him. He was being recruited nationally, and now it seems like no one in the SEC will take him. AU seems disinterested in him, he visited UT last weekend maybe one of the UT guys knows something but I kinda got the impression they said thanks but no thanks to him too. No one will talk about whatever it was that happened, but wouldn't shock me to see him at Louisville if everyone else is pulling away. But no one is dropping any hints at what caused us and everyone else to back off the kid.
EJ Price? UT is only taking a couple OL in this class and he is 5-6 on our list. You never know though.

Last year on paper Kentucky didn't belong on the same field with Louisville but still almost won. The rivalry games are usually closer than the numbers and this series has frequently seen upsets.

Don't count the Cards out ahead of time, just becasue our roasters will likely have more stars then theirs will, if they are underdogs they will have even more motivation to stand up to their hated rival.

It's nice to think about the probability of having a talent edge but if we don't come to play and match their intensity, the upset is always on the table.

I'm so glad we are building with more talent than UL, but until we win, Petrino OWNS US. He has beat us like a red-headed step child even with a team like WKU. It is so embarrassing it makes me sick.

Stoops better start beating UL consistently THIS YEAR. No more losses for a long time. I cannot believe Mitch Barnhart has allowed a city school to dominate us in football. You can make all the excuses in the world, but the fact is, MITCH BARNHART allowed this to happen. He is the reason UK football has been dominated by Bobby Petrino at UL and WKU. Jurich runs circles around him.

It never should have happened in this state. Frankly, I will never be a MItch Barnhart fan because of it. Stoops came here and asked for the job. Barnhart is too dumb to go find a coach like Stoops. Stoops found us. Don't ever forget that. He doesn't deserve any credit for what is going on now. Stoops is building this program. He is the one responsible for our current building effort. Stoops got the ball rolling.

Reactions: UK till Death
Last year on paper Kentucky didn't belong on the same field with Louisville but still almost won. The rivalry games are usually closer than the numbers and this series has frequently seen upsets.

Don't count the Cards out ahead of time, just becasue our roasters will likely have more stars then theirs will, if they are underdogs they will have even more motivation to stand up to their hated rival.

It's nice to think about the probability of having a talent edge but if we don't come to play and match their intensity, the upset is always on the table.
Now you've got me thinking about delicious golden rotisserie chicken. You made some good points too, but now I just want a juicy roaster for lunch.

If I understand you correctly, UofL will lose several commits, but UK won't, and UK's current commits will get a rankings bump, but UofL's won't. Ok. The only relevant facts I can go on is currently UofL's 17 commits have an average of 3.06 and UK's 21 commits average 3.05, Based purely on current rankings, both schools will probably drop some unless either program finishes up the class with some consistently higher ranked recruits. Based on number of commits, it would appear UofL has more scholarships available to possibly do that. And correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow recruiting much, other than UofL) didn't UK lose a few commits late in the process last year? I don't believe UofL did. I will admit my memory is fuzzy on that, but I do seem to remember some here faulting the late decommits for UK last year on the season's finish. Is that accurate?
you know we did but way to play it cool. the guys we added late last year were the guys we lost. this class has bonded and has already visited osu, bama, nd, wisc, aub, scar, and florida... and they are still solid so i think the major bullet is dodged on our side. we may lose 1 or 2 as that always seems to happen every year but this class is much closer than last year.

but do you think your gonna sign 2 qb's? but you are probably right about holding on to guys better than im giving you credit for so i'll give you that.

but to the point of some of our guys getting bumped up, our 2* has 3 or 4 p5 offers. i know it's just the power of UK football that will drive a kid like that to get at least a low 3* and not that fact that coaches at big schools are calling him to set up visits and that he already has 3 committable offers to p5 schools. but we have 10 guys rated top 100 at their position and you have 8 with 2 of them being the same position. we have 4 top 20 players and you have 2 at the same position.

I really don't know how you come up with it not being close. UK had a class in 14 ranked much higher, but UofL's class rankings don't show Josh Harvey-Clemons, a 5*, or Shaq Wiggins somehow a 4* or the Fields kid from TCU who was a 4* I think, those 3 would have given that class a huge boost, UofL actually had the higher ranked class in 15 and at this point in the 16 class they are very close, UK already has their 20 counters while UofL has 17, adding 3 or 4 more will make the classes virtually the same. Of course that doesn't take into account that rankings will change and you can't be sure they always go up.

But there is a kid in Georgia, committed to us at one time in fact, a top 10 OL, but something happened, we backed away from him. He was being recruited nationally, and now it seems like no one in the SEC will take him. AU seems disinterested in him, he visited UT last weekend maybe one of the UT guys knows something but I kinda got the impression they said thanks but no thanks to him too. No one will talk about whatever it was that happened, but wouldn't shock me to see him at Louisville if everyone else is pulling away. But no one is dropping any hints at what caused us and everyone else to back off the kid.
fields is technically a juco transfer so did count to last years class. after he beat that girl and was kicked out of school he had to go to juco first instead of just transferring.

but i agree you dont always know what way rankings will go but if you have two 3* guys and one has mac, sunbelt, and maybe 1 p5 offer and the other guy has 3 or 5 p5 offers i think most people would assume the guy with more p5 interest is probably a better prospect. they know their class a lot better than i do but i have looked at a few of their guys and they dont really have any big time offers at all in those guys. i read everything i can find about our guys too so maybe just seeing other schools coming after some of our guys is misleading to me cause i dont read about their guys as much and its just not public that schools are recruiting them.

i know griffin basically shut down recruiting when he committed to us and has added offers but they dont show up cause he tells the other school thanks but no thanks and doesn't call rivals or otis to say hey "so and so just offered me". so maybe they have that going on too.

you know we did but way to play it cool. the guys we added late last year were the guys we lost. this class has bonded and has already visited osu, bama, nd, wisc, aub, scar, and florida... and they are still solid so i think the major bullet is dodged on our side. we may lose 1 or 2 as that always seems to happen every year but this class is much closer than last year.

but do you think your gonna sign 2 qb's? but you are probably right about holding on to guys better than im giving you credit for so i'll give you that.

but to the point of some of our guys getting bumped up, our 2* has 3 or 4 p5 offers. i know it's just the power of UK football that will drive a kid like that to get at least a low 3* and not that fact that coaches at big schools are calling him to set up visits and that he already has 3 committable offers to p5 schools. but we have 10 guys rated top 100 at their position and you have 8 with 2 of them being the same position. we have 4 top 20 players and you have 2 at the same position.

Simply put, no, I don't think we keep Oden. He technically hasn't decommited yet, but he did state he wants to take another look around after Pass committed. To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't heard about any visits or programs he is seriously considering yet.

Apparently UofL moved up to #17 today with the addition of 5.6 3 star Dothan, AL DE Caleb Tillman.

Last edited:
Simply put, no, I don't think we keep Oden. He technically hasn't decommited yet, but he did state he wants to take another look around after Pass committed. To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't heard about any visits or programs he is seriously considering yet.

Apparently UofL moved up to #17 today with the addition of 5.6 3 star Dothan, AL DE Caleb Tillman.
We got Tillman today? Great news!! I thought I heard Howie talking the other day that this kid should be a 4 star and that he and some others have been lobbying for him to get bumped. Not sure it will happen but great get. Hope he stays a 3 and under the radar.

Yes...as of today according to Rivals Kentucky is 12th Nationally with 21 Commits and Louisville is 17th Nationally with 18 Commits

He won't get a bump because your board subscriptions suck by your logic.
We got Tillman today? Great news!! I thought I heard Howie talking the other day that this kid should be a 4 star and that he and some others have been lobbying for him to get bumped. Not sure it will happen but great get. Hope he stays a 3 and under the radar.

:cool2: Howie is a fat turd

Reactions: UK till Death
Tillman's interesting. Was thought to be a UNC lean. But, still, he was cut loose by the last-place team in the SEC-west. Just say'n...

He won't get a bump because your board subscriptions suck by your logic.
Just to clarify, it wasn't my logic. It's Jack Coffee and Easy Card that were letting us in on how it works. Don't kill me for it. It makes sense but if it is wrong, I am not the one that came up with that.

:cool2: Howie is a fat turd
That was uncalled for. Maybe it wasn't Howie but I thought I saw or heard someone mention this the other day. If it wasn't Howie, I apologize. I know he and STeelers are tight, maybe he can clarify if it was Howie or not.

That was uncalled for. Maybe it wasn't Howie but I thought I saw or heard someone mention this the other day. If it wasn't Howie, I apologize. I know he and STeelers are tight, maybe he can clarify if it was Howie or not.

As courteously as I can ask, I request that you please stop referencing me in your posts. You don't know me or who I do or don't know. Thank you in advance for complying with my request.

As courteously as I can ask, I request that you please stop referencing me in your posts. You don't know me or who I do or don't know. Thank you in advance.
Wow. Pardon me Mr. Bigtime. I don't know you other than from this board. Just thought you could clarify some things. We are both UofL fans on this board trying to make our points heard and take up for our Cards by informing those making untrue comments. Excuse me for trying help you and in turn hoping that you could help me or other fellow Card fans.

I see others referencer you and I know you don't know everyone on both of these boards personally. Didn't realize becoming a mod had given you the big head and made you a tool.

Just for clarification. I don't know Jack Coffee, Easy Card, Bobby Petrino, Rick Pitino, and so on on a personal level. Do I have to stop referencing them too?

Tillman's interesting. Was thought to be a UNC lean. But, still, he was cut loose by the last-place team in the SEC-west. Just say'n...

He De-Committed from the SEC West School that spent much of 2014 at #1 in the Nation and went to the 2014/2015 Orange Bowl...

EJ Price? UT is only taking a couple OL in this class and he is 5-6 on our list. You never know though.

I didn't really want to call his name, have you guys heard of any incident he has some connection with? He committed, seemed solid and out of the blue decommitted. Like you say anything is possible but our mods are saying no chance he is in our class, AU is saying about the same and UT is too. But no one is dropping any info on what is causing everyone to back off, just curious if y'all had heard anything. It seems top secret.

Id love to beat them this year and I think we have a pretty good chance. We played em close last year and they don't have those defensive players or Parker this year. That said they've at least been getting attention from some good 4 stars lately and they're having some success recruiting Georgia. Really don't understand that (success in Georgia) with the way Petrino wormed his way out of Atlanta but I guess the DC there has some ties you Georgia High Schools. ''

Its fun to talk trash about waxing the cards but we still gotta do it on the field. I like what Stoops is building though.

You do remember that most of those boys were kicked off of GA's team and came to ul, I guess because they knew the DC.

Steelers that is partially true although we all now know why they will get the bump and apparently it has nothing to do with talent level. Jack Coffee and EasyCard kind of let the cat out of the bag yesterday. I know this has already been discussed so I will keep it brief but simply UK fans has a high subscription rate, thus to keep them happy their commits tend to get a bump in rankings. So yes, UK's will get a bump and UofL's won't but it's not for the reasons many of the UK fans are saying it is. But we'll just keep that between us so they can keep coming on here and thinking they are going to win. Look at it this way, as I guy who loves to gamble you should be able to make lots of bets in the near future.

You are so full of crap, the birdS#IT is getting deep on this site. Time to take the trash out.

I wish our mods would treat some of these guys the way they treat us. If I ever see Zippy over here I'm going to demand he be banned. That guy is a straight up tool. I actually like having steelers and PE on here most of the time.

I can not wait till they play that other team of birds from Alabama in a few weeks of course someone will have cheated them they never get beat

I can not wait till they play that other team of birds from Alabama in a few weeks of course someone will have cheated them they never get beat
Auburn is the Tigers, not a bird. Yes in know war eagle but that is a battle cry, not a mascot or nickname. None the less, I get your point and no doubt it will be a measuring stick. I hazard to guess however that if we win or make it close auburn will be called overrated.

We should beat them this year and I don't see them having a shot at beating us again for a long while.

And you say this because what, four high school juniors to-be and one high school sophomore to-be have recently tweeted that they're coming to KY or is it because our '14 & '15 recruits collectively have a few more stars than ULs?

It seems like we should beat UL at least once in recent memory before we start running our mouths.

Reactions: Capt Tony
And you say this because what, four high school juniors to-be and one high school sophomore to-be have recently tweeted that they're coming to KY or is it because our '14 & '15 recruits collectively have a few more stars than ULs?

It seems like we should beat UL at least once in recent memory before we start running our mouths.

Nope, that's not why I said it. I already explained it.

Hypothetical...

If UK goes to two bowl games the next two seasons, but loses two more to UL, will Stoops get the Lloyd Carr treatment?

Why do UL fans want to come hang out over here??? Goofy....Jack Coffey was a Upser...how does that make him anymore qualified to talk sports than me

Steelers that is partially true although we all now know why they will get the bump and apparently it has nothing to do with talent level. Jack Coffee and EasyCard kind of let the cat out of the bag yesterday. I know this has already been discussed so I will keep it brief but simply UK fans has a high subscription rate, thus to keep them happy their commits tend to get a bump in rankings. So yes, UK's will get a bump and UofL's won't but it's not for the reasons many of the UK fans are saying it is. But we'll just keep that between us so they can keep coming on here and thinking they are going to win. Look at it this way, as I guy who loves to gamble you should be able to make lots of bets in the near future.

I haven't read all the way through this thread, but I'm calling this one out as the BS post of the day and probably the entire week. [poop] Believe me, UK's commits don't get special treatment by the ratings service.

^^^You are completely silly!^^^ When it comes to UK football your knowledge is nil. Your posts are akin to 6th grade girl (petty, envious, and jealous!) Imagine your days on this board are numbered.

Why do I get the feeling the OP is a troll? I have never heard such ridiculous trash talking about a team we are on a 4 game losing streak to.

Point blank. According to the rankings UK has out recruited Louisville by a large margin over the past decade and we all know the results on the field.

Also, as excited as we all are about next years class we can't count on 3 four star lineman coming out of The Lexington area but once in a blue moon so trying to extrapolate this freak phenomenon as some type of permanent trend is silly.

Every year I get stuck listening to a earful from black bird fans because all this silly preseason trash talking.

Of course I give it right back during December but I'd rather it not be a give and take, just a give.

You think I'm a troll because I think we are gonna start beating UL in football a lot? Talk about asinine logic.

Petrino is overated and Stoops is young and hungry. Loserville had 15 players drafted over tthe last two years and have not come close to replacing them. I expect two touchdown+ wins for years to come.
Go Cats

Petrino is overated and Stoops is young and hungry. Loserville had 15 players drafted over tthe last two years and have not come close to replacing them. I expect two touchdown+ wins for years to come.
Go Cats

Bob Petrino 9 Years as a College Head Coach...6 of those Years 9 or More Wins, 2 Seasons with 8 Wins and with 1 Losing Season-(5-7 Arkansas 2008)...last two years in the SEC West Double Digit Winning Seasons...Overrated...ok....

Reactions: Turnerville
Bob Petrino 9 Years as a College Head Coach...6 of those Years 9 or More Wins, 2 Seasons with 8 Wins and with 1 Losing Season-(5-7 Arkansas 2008)...last two years in the SEC West Double Digit Winning Seasons...Overrated...ok....
He may be a good Football Coach but his personal morals put him in the Crapper.He belongs at Little Brother..what a sewer, [sick]

I mean I like the enthusiasm, but it isn't like UK has been to UL what Florida has been to UK. Whether any of us like it or not the two programs have been pretty evenly matched, and in fact Louisville has been the better program over the last few years. I do think Stoops is closing the gap and will put UK in a good position to win, but I've never understood people discounting this rivalry. In-state rivalries are always the best, most bitter rivalries.
http://www.winsipedia.com/louisville/vs/kentucky

I completely agree and it obviously hasn't been the same as UF-UK, unfortunately. However, the reason it hasn't been is solely because of UK and to think otherwise is just silly in my opinion. It's no secret that UK hasn't taken football seriously in decades and UL capitalized on that, so good for them. However, now that it FINALLY seems like UK is taking football seriously, it will show in the overall head to head series. Even level headed UL fans I would think agree. Kentucky has always had better facilities (and still do), much much MUCH larger fan support and money. This honestly should never have been a competitive series, ever. In saying that, it has and it looks like it will be headed that way for the foreseeable future.

This 'rivalry' was created because UK's administration never cared about the football program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT