ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK will be kicking Lil Bros butt for a while

screwduke

Junior
Mar 23, 2015
We should beat them this year and I don't see them having a shot at beating us again for a long while.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Id love to beat them this year and I think we have a pretty good chance. We played em close last year and they don't have those defensive players or Parker this year. That said they've at least been getting attention from some good 4 stars lately and they're having some success recruiting Georgia. Really don't understand that (success in Georgia) with the way Petrino wormed his way out of Atlanta but I guess the DC there has some ties you Georgia High Schools. ''

Its fun to talk trash about waxing the cards but we still gotta do it on the field. I like what Stoops is building though.

I love reminding the maggots of the swing in Talent that is happening. The will all ways be 2nd in the state no matter what.

It's UL, who cares?!? It's a game Kentucky should always win. It's not much of a rivalry when that's supposed to happen. Chill out.

Id love to beat them this year and I think we have a pretty good chance. We played em close last year and they don't have those defensive players or Parker this year. That said they've at least been getting attention from some good 4 stars lately and they're having some success recruiting Georgia. Really don't understand that (success in Georgia) with the way Petrino wormed his way out of Atlanta but I guess the DC there has some ties you Georgia High Schools. ''

Its fun to talk trash about waxing the cards but we still gotta do it on the field. I like what Stoops is building though.

Believe me, Grantham has very few positive ties in Georgia. There are just so many D1, P5 kids in Georgia that they have to go somewhere. The kids they are getting out of Georgia who could have committed to anyone in the SEC was Pass and that was to AU and State. None of the others can commit to any of the Florida, Carolina, Alabama, UT or any of the instate schools other than Georgia Southern or Georgia State.

The tard defenders only have that one thing to hold on to. So what if they get lucky and beat us one day out of the year..we are still better than loserville the other 364 days!!

We should beat them this year and I don't see them having a shot at beating us again for a long while.

Little quick on the trigger aren't you cowboy? Let"s win the first one before we slap our brand on them.

Those cactus buds can cause strange dreams but I do admire your style if not your appreciation of recent events.

That being said I'm all on your side. Just trying to keep my head in the game.

Reactions: wilkie01
Believe me, Grantham has very few positive ties in Georgia. There are just so many D1, P5 kids in Georgia that they have to go somewhere. The kids they are getting out of Georgia who could have committed to anyone in the SEC was Pass and that was to AU and State. None of the others can commit to any of the Florida, Carolina, Alabama, UT or any of the instate schools other than Georgia Southern or Georgia State.

Grumpy are you saying that he didn't have commitable offers to other sec programs? If he recieves these offers like say in Dec or Jan do you think he will decommit and commit to a sec school? Or maybe even a Clemson? Etc

totally agree with Los Gatos. Empty boasting until we do it on the field.
Agreed! The rivalry swings back and forth every 4-5 years traditionally, and Yes, I dig the op's excitement, and do believe the Cats are due to surpass the Cards soon, but it is dumb to brag before it has happened, and frankly, it's low class to brag even when it happens. That sounds like the sorta crap they would do. UK is the state school, and should be the better team. When we get back to where we belong, why rub it in. I love to let them wallow in their own displeasure, waiting for us to stoop to their level, and get nothing but the deafening silence that says they are irrelevant again. Go Cats!!!

Grumpy are you saying that he didn't have commitable offers to other sec programs? If he recieves these offers like say in Dec or Jan do you think he will decommit and commit to a sec school? Or maybe even a Clemson? Etc
I don't know about everyone, but he couldn't commit to us, UT, Bama, OM or USC. Make no mistake, he has some skills, big, fast, huge arm. He is very raw, poor mechanics, not all his fault either, hasn't had the best coaching in high school. I am not saying he a the next Cam, but lots of simaritied at this time of their careers. People, especially AU fans, were a little surprised he picked Louisville.

Au will likely stay on him, don't know about Clemson, but if he takes a late trip to AU,anything can happen, otherwise. I think he sticks to Louisville.

That is interesting. I think UL has another 4* commit for QB on this class as well. I wonder if they are planning on him to switching to wide reciever? Be their next Parker

For those of you saying I'm too quick with this OP please re read the title. My first two words are "looks like" as in probably will be. I never said 100% sure that we will beat them every time or something ridiculous like that. But its gonna be hard for them to beat us now, which is the truth. I'm not scared of Louisville with Stoops leading us and neither should anyone else be.

It's UL, who cares?!? It's a game Kentucky should always win. It's not much of a rivalry when that's supposed to happen. Chill out.

I mean I like the enthusiasm, but it isn't like UK has been to UL what Florida has been to UK. Whether any of us like it or not the two programs have been pretty evenly matched, and in fact Louisville has been the better program over the last few years. I do think Stoops is closing the gap and will put UK in a good position to win, but I've never understood people discounting this rivalry. In-state rivalries are always the best, most bitter rivalries.
http://www.winsipedia.com/louisville/vs/kentucky

Reactions: wilkie01
Swing in talent? The services have UL and UK tied, for years. 2nd in the state? In bball, yes, in fball, nope.
what services are you reading? i believe UK is ranked ahead of ul by 12 spots on rivals, and 9 on 247 and this is with ul having 4 guys that would be considered long shots to still be apart of this class come feb (ul will drop a hell of lot more than UK from now til feb). last year you beat us by about 3 spots and the year before that we beat you by 30 spots and the year before that 20 spots... im not even gonna start talking about how well '17 has started but petrino is a good enough coach that this is gonna be a competitive series even if you were recruiting in the 40's every year. but the talent swing is real and people on both sides need to get ready for it because bobby is gonna have to out coach stoops for wins because he's not gonna have more talent at his disposal at most positions on the field.

Talent gap in football YES!!! COMPARE 14,15,16 CLASS! NOT CLOSE UL IS 2ND IN STATE! Back to earth they come!

and this is with ul having 4 guys that would be considered long shots to still be apart of this class come feb (ul will drop a hell of lot more than UK from now til feb).

What are either of those claims based on? According to Rivals, UK has 21 commits at a 3.05 average, and UofL has 17 commits at a 3.06 average. How is UofL going to drop a hell of a lot more than UK? And what do you base the statement on that UofL has 4 guys who are long shots to still be a part of this class come February? Just curious where this theory comes from.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2016/all/all

Last edited:
The tard defenders only have that one thing to hold on to. So what if they get lucky and beat us one day out of the year..we are still better than loserville the other 364 days!!
You're not fooling anyone TTCat. [eyeroll]

What are either of those claims based on? According to Rivals, UK has 21 commits at a 3.05 average, and UofL has 17 commits at a 3.06 average. How is UofL going to drop a hell of a lot more than UK? And what do you base the statement on that UofL has 4 guys who are long shots to still be a part of this class come February? Just curious where this theory comes from.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2016/all/all
i will just say that oden isn't gonna come in with pass imo. if pass is as good as advertised then no qb is gonna sit for 4 years. outside that i will just say that i read a lot of recruiting info and you have some guys waiting on offers and if they get them they are gone. we get the same thing with some of our guys with osu offers but i think we've cleared that hurdle this year and are good to go. i think your battling other schools for committed guys and just going by tea leaves i think another 3 are definitely gone by feb but i admit its just a hunch on my part.

your te 2* commit has offers from troy, southern miss and wku and your kicker is rated a 2*

our dt 2* commit has offers from those same 3 schools plus army, minnesota, navy, purdue, and strong interest from some sec schools as a fall back guy. our 2* kicker is rated top 5 at his position and is only rated low because kickers just are.

ul has 6- 5.5 , 3- 5.6 , and 3- 5.7. UK has 5- 5.5, 8- 5.6, and 2 5.7.

i would add that rivals is probably a little more friendly to ul's class then other sites as well. while you are only ranked 10 spots behind us, we should have a few guys move up in the ranking according to offers. i haven't kept up with your class a whole lot but i do know that ul was the best offer for a lot guys and that was what our joker classes were built on.

ul had strong interest in 11 guys in our class, UK had strong interest in 4 guys in your class.

i will just say that oden isn't gonna come in with pass imo. if pass is as good as advertised then no qb is gonna sit for 4 years. outside that i will just say that i read a lot of recruiting info and you have some guys waiting on offers and if they get them they are gone. we get the same thing with some of our guys with osu offers but i think we've cleared that hurdle this year and are good to go. i think your battling other schools for committed guys and just going by tea leaves i think another 3 are definitely gone by feb but i admit its just a hunch on my part.

your te 2* commit has offers from troy, southern miss and wku and your kicker is rated a 2*

our dt 2* commit has offers from those same 3 schools plus army, minnesota, navy, purdue, and strong interest from some sec schools as a fall back guy. our 2* kicker is rated top 5 at his position and is only rated low because kickers just are.

ul has 6- 5.5 , 3- 5.6 , and 3- 5.7. UK has 5- 5.5, 8- 5.6, and 2 5.7.

i would add that rivals is probably a little more friendly to ul's class then other sites as well. while you are only ranked 10 spots behind us, we should have a few guys move up in the ranking according to offers. i haven't kept up with your class a whole lot but i do know that ul was the best offer for a lot guys and that was what our joker classes were built on.

ul had strong interest in 11 guys in our class, UK had strong interest in 4 guys in your class.

If I understand you correctly, UofL will lose several commits, but UK won't, and UK's current commits will get a rankings bump, but UofL's won't. Ok. The only relevant facts I can go on is currently UofL's 17 commits have an average of 3.06 and UK's 21 commits average 3.05, Based purely on current rankings, both schools will probably drop some unless either program finishes up the class with some consistently higher ranked recruits. Based on number of commits, it would appear UofL has more scholarships available to possibly do that. And correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow recruiting much, other than UofL) didn't UK lose a few commits late in the process last year? I don't believe UofL did. I will admit my memory is fuzzy on that, but I do seem to remember some here faulting the late decommits for UK last year on the season's finish. Is that accurate?

Last edited:

Have to ask just what you are using to make this bold statement?

Class rank in in the summer really does not mean a whole lot but right now UK and UL have a similar star avg. but remember in football recruiting a lot can change before signing day. Last summer UK has a top 20 class only to drop to the mid 30's on signing day below UL.

The reality is UK has had only 1 class 2014 that was really much higher on a star avg than UL and UL had some really good players transfer that did not count. Guess we will see in late November but before you need to win once before you can worry about a streak,

If I understand you correctly, UofL will lose several commits, but UK won't, and UK's current commits will get a rankings bump, but UofL's won't. Ok. The only relevant facts I can go on is currently UofL's 17 commits have an average of 3.06 and UK's 21 commits average 3.05, Based purely on current rankings, both schools will probably drop some unless either program finishes up the class with some consistently higher ranked recruits. Based on number of commits, it would appear UofL has more scholarships available to possibly do that. And correct me if I'm wrong (I don't follow recruiting much, other than UofL) didn't UK lose a few commits late in the process last year? I don't believe UofL did. I will admit my memory is fuzzy on that, but I do seem to remember some here faulting the late decommits for UK last year on the season's finish. Is that accurate?
Here's the Dork again..Babbling..[banana]

For those of you saying I'm too quick with this OP please re read the title. My first two words are "looks like" as in probably will be. I never said 100% sure that we will beat them every time or something ridiculous like that. But its gonna be hard for them to beat us now, which is the truth. I'm not scared of Louisville with Stoops leading us and neither should anyone else be.

No reason to be scared unless you're putting on the pads. In that case…………...

Talent gap in football YES!!! COMPARE 14,15,16 CLASS! NOT CLOSE UL IS 2ND IN STATE! Back to earth they come!

I really don't know how you come up with it not being close. UK had a class in 14 ranked much higher, but UofL's class rankings don't show Josh Harvey-Clemons, a 5*, or Shaq Wiggins somehow a 4* or the Fields kid from TCU who was a 4* I think, those 3 would have given that class a huge boost, UofL actually had the higher ranked class in 15 and at this point in the 16 class they are very close, UK already has their 20 counters while UofL has 17, adding 3 or 4 more will make the classes virtually the same. Of course that doesn't take into account that rankings will change and you can't be sure they always go up.

But there is a kid in Georgia, committed to us at one time in fact, a top 10 OL, but something happened, we backed away from him. He was being recruited nationally, and now it seems like no one in the SEC will take him. AU seems disinterested in him, he visited UT last weekend maybe one of the UT guys knows something but I kinda got the impression they said thanks but no thanks to him too. No one will talk about whatever it was that happened, but wouldn't shock me to see him at Louisville if everyone else is pulling away. But no one is dropping any hints at what caused us and everyone else to back off the kid.

Who cares? You do obviously. Give it a rest and stop trolling every thread with Louisville mentioned. We get it, you think Tenn is our rival, which is odd, since you say about UofL that... "...UK should always win, it's not much of a rivalry when that's supposed to happen" Guess, what, it doesn't happen. They've beat us 4 times in a row. What's even more odd is that you consider Tenn our rival when they have beat us like what 27 of the last 28 times? Yeah, that sure qualifies as a rival. Do you ever say anything that makes sense or are you just plain unintelligent? maybe you're just a troll? It's one of those two things FOR SURE. Keep trolling, troll.

Hell, don't stop trolling, keep doing it. I like making you look dumb. It's easy.

I really don't know how you come up with it not being close. UK had a class in 14 ranked much higher, but UofL's class rankings don't show Josh Harvey-Clemons, a 5*, or Shaq Wiggins somehow a 4* or the Fields kid from TCU who was a 4* I think, those 3 would have given that class a huge boost, UofL actually had the higher ranked class in 15 and at this point in the 16 class they are very close, UK already has their 20 counters while UofL has 17, adding 3 or 4 more will make the classes virtually the same. Of course that doesn't take into account that rankings will change and you can't be sure they always go up.

But there is a kid in Georgia, committed to us at one time in fact, a top 10 OL, but something happened, we backed away from him. He was being recruited nationally, and now it seems like no one in the SEC will take him. AU seems disinterested in him, he visited UT last weekend maybe one of the UT guys knows something but I kinda got the impression they said thanks but no thanks to him too. No one will talk about whatever it was that happened, but wouldn't shock me to see him at Louisville if everyone else is pulling away. But no one is dropping any hints at what caused us and everyone else to back off the kid.

You're likely talking about E.J. Price and some rumbling about Louisville and maybe Michigan if I am not mistaken.

His statement makes no sense...last cycle Louisville held on to Lamar Jackson-(nobody thought we would) and G.G. Robinson...most thought he was going to Auburn when it was all said and done.

As of right now a Verbal Commitment is as good as the paper it is written on and that is for everyone...but if everyone holds and we add players that we are currently in on UofL is on the verge according to the experts of having it best class ever...

If I understand you correctly, UofL will lose several commits, but UK won't, and UK's current commits will get a rankings bump, but UofL's won't. Ok.

Steelers that is partially true although we all now know why they will get the bump and apparently it has nothing to do with talent level. Jack Coffee and EasyCard kind of let the cat out of the bag yesterday. I know this has already been discussed so I will keep it brief but simply UK fans has a high subscription rate, thus to keep them happy their commits tend to get a bump in rankings. So yes, UK's will get a bump and UofL's won't but it's not for the reasons many of the UK fans are saying it is. But we'll just keep that between us so they can keep coming on here and thinking they are going to win. Look at it this way, as I guy who loves to gamble you should be able to make lots of bets in the near future.

Steelers that is partially true although we all now know why they will get the bump and apparently it has nothing to do with talent level. Jack Coffee and EasyCard kind of let the cat out of the bag yesterday. I know this has already been discussed so I will keep it brief but simply UK fans has a high subscription rate, thus to keep them happy their commits tend to get a bump in rankings. So yes, UK's will get a bump and UofL's won't but it's not for the reasons many of the UK fans are saying it is. But we'll just keep that between us so they can keep coming on here and thinking they are going to win. Look at it this way, as I guy who loves to gamble you should be able to make lots of bets in the near future.

This is pretty ridiculous. Everything is always a conspiracy. I need to start a tin foil hat business.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Why do I get the feeling the OP is a troll? I have never heard such ridiculous trash talking about a team we are on a 4 game losing streak to.

Point blank. According to the rankings UK has out recruited Louisville by a large margin over the past decade and we all know the results on the field.

Also, as excited as we all are about next years class we can't count on 3 four star lineman coming out of The Lexington area but once in a blue moon so trying to extrapolate this freak phenomenon as some type of permanent trend is silly.

Every year I get stuck listening to a earful from black bird fans because all this silly preseason trash talking.

Of course I give it right back during December but I'd rather it not be a give and take, just a give.

With all due respect for OP's opening salvo and to the brazen-hyper-delusional Card fan defenders, I truly hope UK's aspirations are more lofty than kicking the butt of a middling ACC school and start giving 50 years worth of hostile payback curbstompings to the GAHDDANG teams in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT