ADVERTISEMENT

Lol@ Louisville Non conference schedule

UKGloryRoad

Sophomore
Jan 24, 2007
NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov. 9 - Kentucky Wesleyan (exh.)

Nov. 13 - Samford

Nov. 14-24 - Columbia, Hartford, opponent TBA (Brooklyn Hoops Classic)

Nov. 27 - Saint Louis (Barclays Center, Brooklyn)

Dec. 2 - at Michigan State (Big Ten/ACC Challenge)

Dec. 5 - Grand Canyon

Dec. 12 - Eastern Michigan

Dec. 16 - Kennesaw State

Dec. 22 - UMKC (Billy Minardi Classic)

Dec. 23 - Utah Valley (Billy Minardi Classic)

Dec. 26 - at Kentucky

they are so loaded and deep with beasts, 7-8 NBA guys on that team...surprised they dont want to schedule better teams.

Reactions: Mike-D
Yeah that ACC is loaded...had to hear that shit when they were in Big East too....play somebody early and get out of town once in a while

Reactions: catsfan70
Virginia will be good again.

Eh, they lost Justin Anderson and Darion Atkins (aka: the guy who carried the load of the team after Anderson went down).
They have no frontcourt threats. Tobey is soft, and possesses no skills. Their point guard is seemingly the only real threat on the team. Bennett is a good coach, but eh. I just don't think he has the weapons to work with.

How good is MSU going to be?
Besides the Spartans and us there are no other big name schools.

Better than last year, easily.
We return 7 of the 9 players in the playing rotation.
And add Eron Harris( who persistent reports from practices last year said was the best player on the roster) burger boy big Deyonta Davis, Soph to be Javon Bess( who earned a starters spot then sat out pretty much all year with a foot injury).... Think a mini Dawson with handles and a perimeter shot.... And two freshman wings.
Starters might be
Harris
Valentine
Bess
Schilling/ Costello
TumTum/ Forbes
Lots of depth and perimeter scoring....... Harris was worked at the point by Izzo a lot last season in practices

I read today UofL has a contract that says the last opponent in the Brooklynn Hoops classic must have an 200+ RPI ( I think Brett Dawson tweeted that)

I never want to hear them complain about being underseeded those 200+ games do nothing but hurt your resume.

Eh, they lost Justin Anderson and Darion Atkins (aka: the guy who carried the load of the team after Anderson went down).
They have no frontcourt threats. Tobey is soft, and possesses no skills. Their point guard is seemingly the only real threat on the team. Bennett is a good coach, but eh. I just don't think he has the weapons to work with.

Sorry Rhav and mebeblue,

They are a good team, you are shorting these guys quite a bit.

Atkins averaged 7pts per game, never scored over 10 points in the ACC or NCAA tourneys and only shot like 50% from the line. He was not their go to guy.

Thier leading scorer was and is Brogden, who is very very good.

They have one of the best point guards in the country (Top 5 for this year, I would guess)

They return their leading scorer in the paint and rebounder in Gill and and he is very, very active.

Say what you will about Tobey but he is 7ft 250 who averaged 7pts and 5 boards in only 17 mins last year. He also hits 75% from the line.

And if you know UVA, then you know that have a great prospect in Shayok who has a good shot and some skill.

They also pick up their own New Zealander in 6'10 Jack Salt and Darius Thompson the UT transfer guard.

Most have them ranked #3 -7 in the early polls.

Anderson hit an incredibly high % of 3 pointers but the guy scored under 10 eight times and only scored over 20 twice.

I think they will be very solid.

Last edited:
I believe LSU lost Mickey and Martin, Simmons is solid but not been impressed with Blakney yet... LSU has ALOT to prove...

They will probably lose a close one at MSU, come in flying high with 5 blowout wins over cupcakes, and be sitting ducks coming to Rupp.

What a great Christmas this will be!

Here we go again with the "awesome ACC"

Past a few teams it's a mediocre league. Lol at UK fans helping on the hype and doing no checking themselves.

I won't lie, that's a lot better OOC schedule than they've seemed to have in years past. It's usually a bunch of directional schools along with the UK game. A neutral court game against St. Louis, plus two road trips to Mich St and UK makes it decent. Nothing amazing or hard, but not horrible.

That's what I have come to expect from Louisville. They never voluntarily schedule any tough non conference games. Michigan state they have to play because of the conference challenge and UK because it's a rivalry game. However their fans will boast being in the toughest conference which could potentially beat them into the NIT.

Reactions: Uk1111
Here we go again with the "awesome ACC"

Past a few teams it's a mediocre league. Lol at UK fans helping on the hype and doing no checking themselves.

UNC, UVA, Duke, all Top 10.... and unless UL surprises I don't see much thereafter. NCState had a chance but with Lacey gone and the fact Gottfried is still there..

But 3 top ten teams is way better than we have so if they are mediocre the SEC must be awful.

The ACC does have 3 or 4 really good teams, but there is a whole lot of mediocrity in that conference and the bottom half is absolutely dreadful.

Reactions: brianpoe
UNC, UVA, Duke, all Top 10.... and unless UL surprises I don't see much thereafter. NCState had a chance but with Lacey gone and the fact Gottfried is still there..

But 3 top ten teams is way better than we have so if they are mediocre the SEC must be awful.

This is true. And they had 4 make the Elite 8 last year...so yeah, while the rest of the conference may be mediocre....the top was/probably will be good this coming season. Just like the top of the SEC was pretty good in 2014...with FL, UK and even UT making a decent run to the Sweet 16.

Reactions: brianpoe
Do you have speak intelligently in other venues? Are you using us?

Not really sure what you're asking me but the ACC is a tough conference in basketball. Duke, UNC, NC State, SU, Virginia are just a few off the top of my head I can think of. I get why UK plays some tough OOC teams. Money for one but it gives UK solid competition they won't always see in the SEC. I'm not about to act like the SEC is some great conference in basketball. It just isn't. We'll see LSU, Auburn might be mediocre but the rest are awful.

I despise UL with the rest of them but I get why they play cupcake U in the OOC and UK doesn't. One other reason is UL isn't covted for TV ratings like UK is.

Remember when Pitino was at UK he scheduled weak out of conference teams. I remember discussions about advantages / disadvantages of Denny Crum's difficult out of conference games vs Pitino's weak scheduling. Opinions were divided fairly evenly I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT