ADVERTISEMENT

Larry glover live kentucky insider founder stated

I hope “not fitting Pope’s style” doesn’t come back to bite us by passing on some studs.
After all BYU as a 6 seed did lose to 11 seed Duquesne in the first round.
Yeah that is true but we didn't pass on some studs under the previous regime and still lost to a 14 seed Oakland as a 3 seed behind a huge game from a former D2 player.

JQ is probably a great prospect and great kid but good riddance to giving big minutes to 17-18 year old kids.
I get you completely. But I do think Quaintance had the skill set (although still needing experience, maturity and development, of course) to possibly do well in limited minutes off the bench in Pope's offense this season and maybe a big year as a (young) sophomore.

Reactions: BigKari
I get you completely. But I do think Quaintance had the skill set (although still needing experience, maturity and development, of course) to possibly do well in limited minutes off the bench in Pope's offense this season and maybe a big year as a (young) sophomore.
The kid is a future pro.

Reactions: FltDoc
Missouri just landed Mark Mitchell from Duke. It’s the Wild West out there.
That's quickly becoming an excuse. We're not currently getting guys for a number of reasons:

1. Pope is being negatively recruited against. Guess who one of the loudest chirpers is

2. A staff hasn't been officially announced

3. Pope doesn't have a positive NCAA tournament record

4. these dudes don't want to run around on the court in sets. They want to be given the ball and create for themselves. The truth is that a lot of players aren't intelligent enough to pick up Pope's system in one year. They're worried they won't catch on and end up riding the bench

5. dudes don't want to hear about a school's history and be preached to about loyalty and hanging around for years.

Would love to have Theiro back, but seems to be a little injury prone (specifically his back). I wish him the best in whatever decision he makes.

Reactions: vernoncoy
That's quickly becoming an excuse. We're not currently getting guys for a number of reasons:

1. Pope is being negatively recruited against. Guess who one of the loudest chirpers is

4. these dudes don't want to run around on the court in sets. They want to be given the ball and create for themselves. The truth is that a lot of players aren't intelligent enough to pick up Pope's system in one year. They're worried they won't catch on and end up riding the bench

5. dudes don't want to hear about a school's history and be preached to about loyalty and hanging around for years.
Do you actually know that he doesn’t already have them lined up and they just aren’t announced yet? Man some people around here just assume stuff and run with it.. We will be fine just sit back and enjoy the ride..

UK should probably just shut down the basketball program and call it quits.

Do you actually know that he doesn’t already have them lined up and they just aren’t announced yet? Man some people around here just assume stuff and run with it.. We will be fine just sit back and enjoy the ride..
Do you actually read before responding? Read #2 again.

You make good points that will be valid for some prospects, most probably.

not sure he would settle for coming off the bench
after all, ccc probably promised him a starting spot

Agree with first 3 points
Not the next two.
Most of COW’s “offense” was create for yourself. Remember, “go make a play?” That was Welch’s offense last year. Pope’s offense has constant movement of all 5 players. Not 4 standing around watching their teammate do his 1 on 1 crap. Players like to run, shoot 3’s, and score. pope’s offense does all three.

School history does play a part - kids want to go to Kansas, N Carolina, Puke, UConn etc because they have winning traditions and play on TV. Sure some use the schools as a steppingstone to the NBA, but not every 1 and done is like Anthony Davis and make it big. The majority either don’t make it or are there for such a short period of time; no stardom or riches. But, these guys are not mentioned and fall by the wayside and are not playing at age 22. No where to go and no one cares.

I believe there are over 2,000 players in the portal. We need to find 10! Is that impossible?

Reactions: delk4three
Agree with first 3 points
Not the next two.
Most of COW’s “offense” was create for yourself. Remember, “go make a play?” That was Welch’s offense last year. Pope’s offense has constant movement of all 5 players. Not 4 standing around watching their teammate do his 1 on 1 crap. Players like to run, shoot 3’s, and score. pope’s offense does all three.

School history does play a part - kids want to go to Kansas, N Carolina, Puke, UConn etc because they have winning traditions and play on TV. Sure some use the schools as a steppingstone to the NBA, but not every 1 and done is like Anthony Davis and make it big. The majority either don’t make it or are there for such a short period of time; no stardom or riches. But, these guys are not mentioned and fall by the wayside and are not playing at age 22. No where to go and no one cares.

I believe there are over 2,000 players in the portal. We need to find 10! Is that impossible?
We’ll definitely find ten, no question.
We will have a team that plays its schedule.
The big question is whether we will be good enough to win games in March.
It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Reactions: Kyhoward
I hope “not fitting Pope’s style” doesn’t come back to bite us by passing on some studs.
After all BYU as a 6 seed did lose to 11 seed Duquesne in the first round.
And our studs lost to Oakland. Pope, hopefully, will get studs that fit his offense here, not just studs and not just guys that fit his offense.

We should let him learn on the job this year at Louisville as he shakes off all the youthful issues then get him to transfer here his sophomore year when he's ready to make a difference haha

Reactions: Bluegrassking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT