ADVERTISEMENT

Kings request a meeting with

George Karl would not take the time to submit a resignation, he would run from Sac without even packing a bag.

Last edited:
Haha saw that this morning. Talk about a bomb ready to explode.

Cousins and Rondo are pretty easily my 2 favorite players in the league and I would love to see them play together. I know everybody will point to the little shoving match they had a couple seasons ago and talk about how they cant get along, but Cousins did a podcast with Bill Simmons within the past year where he had high praise of Rondo and said he would love to have him as his PG.

Cousins and Rondo are pretty easily my 2 favorite players in the league and I would love to see them play together. I know everybody will point to the little shoving match they had a couple seasons ago and talk about how they cant get along, but Cousins did a podcast with Bill Simmons within the past year where he had high praise of Rondo and said he would love to have him as his PG.
I get so tired of the Rondo bashing. He is cut from the same cloth as Cousins. They are both ultimately competitors. Rondo has had clashes with coaches in the past, and I can't see him mixing well with Karl, but I also don't see Karl as the coach when the season starts either.

Sacramento is a great spot for Rondo to resurrect his career. Low expectations, but plenty of young talent to work with.

Reactions: hotelblue
Cousins wanted WCS.........he got him
Cousins wants Rondo.........he will probably get him
Karl either accepts it or moves on

After reading some articles on rondo, I have to think he falls somewhere outside the normal spectrum when it comes to social skills. I think he has some mild underlying sort of savante thing going on, maybe a touch of asburgers syndrome or something. I don't know what it is exactly, but I think it takes a special kind of person to coach and deal with what rondo brings to the table. Cousins has some of the same attributes minus being a math prodigy.

Reactions: ksharpless
I think we would see the first actual stroke by a coach (karl) during a game

I don't think he knows you very well wild moon.

It was a catchy title...you have to admit it. I'd love Rondo on that team. They either sink or swim with no middle ground...Cuz...Rondo...WCS.... It may be a movie some day. If they get another scorer while adding Rondo they may have something...

Oh yeah...Karl gotta go... Not sure the Kings could pay the liability insurance premiums...

It was a catchy title...you have to admit it. I'd love Rondo on that team. They either sink or swim with no middle ground...Cuz...Rondo...WCS.... It may be a movie some day. If they get another scorer while adding Rondo they may have something...

Oh yeah...Karl gotta go... Not sure the Kings could pay the liability insurance premiums...

I think Rondo is an excellent talent.
Cousin is an excellent talent.
WCS is an excellent talent.

But all three are very outgoing personalities. It'll be interesting how they all mesh. If they are winning, this will be really fun to watch, but if they start to lose it can get ugly....very ugly.

Also...Karl isn't doing a good job with trying to calm the situation, but instead ignited a fire. Wanting to trade Cousin...that's stupid.

I think Rondo is an excellent talent.
Cousin is an excellent talent.
WCS is an excellent talent.

But all three are very outgoing personalities. It'll be interesting how they all mesh. If they are winning, this will be really fun to watch, but if they start to lose it can get ugly....very ugly.

Also...Karl isn't doing a good job with trying to calm the situation, but instead ignited a fire. Wanting to trade Cousin...that's stupid.

You talking about Demarcus Cousins?

And Vlade/Kings just got fleeced by Hinkie due to their fascination for Rondo. Smh. Sacramento traded Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, and Nik Stauskas as well as a protected first round pick to Sixers for draft rights to overseas players. Sixers also have the ability to swap first round picks in two drafts

And Vlade/Kings just got fleeced by Hinkie due to their fascination for Rondo. Smh. Sacramento traded Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, and Nik Stauskas as well as a protected first round pick to Sixers for draft rights to overseas players. Sixers also have the ability to swap first round picks in two drafts

they made those moves to open up the cap space for 2 of the 3 of Rondo, Monta Ellis, and Wesley Matthews. and while I don't love the draft implications it has for the Kings Landry, Thompson, and Stauskas are bums plain and simple. Randek forcing the organazation to draft ole Nik is why Mullin refused to coach the team mid season and ultimately left. However you put a team of Cousins, Gay, and 2of those 3 free agents with Ben McLemore and WCS as future pieces that's got some potential. Not saying it's winning a title good but it's a nice playoff team with upside.

they made those moves to open up the cap space for 2 of the 3 of Rondo, Monta Ellis, and Wesley Matthews. and while I don't love the draft implications it has for the Kings Landry, Thompson, and Stauskas are bums plain and simple. Randek forcing the organazation to draft ole Nik is why Mullin refused to coach the team mid season and ultimately left. However you put a team of Cousins, Gay, and 2of those 3 free agents with Ben McLemore and WCS as future pieces that's got some potential. Not saying it's winning a title good but it's a nice playoff team with upside.
Rondo is washed, we already know how Rondo/Monta work together and o ya paying 15 million to a guy coming off an Achilles tear is terrible. Sixers need those contracts so they can reach the salary floor. Jury is still out on Stauskas and we'll see how he performs with more minutes. The Kings also gave up a top 10 protected first and the Sixers have the ability to swap firsts in two drafts. Ya that is a terrible trade. All this for what third tier free agents. You can't justify this at all

Rondo is washed, we already know how Rondo/Monta work together and o ya paying 15 million to a guy coming off an Achilles tear is terrible. Sixers need those contracts so they can reach the salary floor. Jury is still out on Stauskas and we'll see how he performs with more minutes. The Kings also gave up a top 10 protected first and the Sixers have the ability to swap firsts in two drafts. Ya that is a terrible trade. All this for what third tier free agents. You can't justify this at all

it's Sac-Town, they cant get top tier guys in their prime without drafting them. Cousins is demanding to get some help. He'll have to leave Sacramento if he ever wants to compete for real but this is a grasp to mortgage some of the future to keep one of the 10 best players in the league in Sac long term.

it's Sac-Town, they cant get top tier guys in their prime without drafting them. Cousins is demanding to get some help. He'll have to leave Sacramento if he ever wants to compete for real but this is a grasp to mortgage some of the future to keep one of the 10 best players in the league in Sac long term.
And that is why you don't trade away picks at all. If I'm Boogie, this makes me want to leave even more. Nothing worse than your own GM not knowing anything about the CBA or Salary Cap. Seriously, look at any reaction to this trade from beat writers to NBA writers to hardcore fans, it is universally hated. They all think this is a terrible terrible trade for the Kings. I honestly can't believe you are caping for the Kings on this trade

And that is why you don't trade away picks at all. If I'm Boogie, this makes me want to leave even more. Nothing worse than your own GM not knowing anything about the CBA or Salary Cap. Seriously, look at any reaction to this trade from beat writers to NBA writers to hardcore fans, it is universally hated. They all think this is a terrible terrible trade for the Kings. I honestly can't believe you are caping for the Kings on this trade

I'm not saying this is good thing for the Kings long term, quite the opposite. What I can tell you definitively though is that Cousins pushed for all this to happen and so the front office is going with it in hopes that it will keep him in Sacramento long term and he won't leave in 2 years, because like I said Sacramento will never ever be able to get a player as good as Cousins again with striking gold in the draft and as I said and you did as well the Kings front office is the worst in the league.

DMC and Rondo would probably come to blows the first week if that was to happen.

Sounds like Rondo is likely to go to Kings.

At least one of ESPN insider is saying since no one else is really going after Rondo. (Kind of shocking)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT