ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky wins, UNC-CHeats loses to Syracuse, Jailhawks blown out by 29, IUse2be obliterated by in-state rival...

I've finally come to the conclusion that IU sucks. 😀
They can't suck too badly for me. I grew up in the era of the maximum obnoxiousness from the Hoosier fan base. The last 30 years of suckage have been bliss. Keep it up Hoosiers.

Then I moved to ACC country, and immediately encountered the even more fatuous arrogance of "The Carolina Way." So they can't lose enough for me either.

Kansas, meh, just a bunch of wannabees. But as a father of two daughters I hate violence against women and Self seems to not only excuse it but go out of his way to encourage it -- no way a decent human signs Arterio Morris after he's charged with battering his girlfriend. As a result another woman gets attacked in Lawrence. So, yeah, anytime they get blown out is also a good day.

Last edited:
"All praise to King Cal. He hath saved our season and staved the wrath of ye Olde Mississippi and yon tournament committee with one fell blow. He hath vanquished all oppressors for a fortnight and we shall reign victorious until the next decimation that awaits, when Cal shall cast his noble knights and their steeds under the proverbial chariot once again. All hale Coach Cal!!"

"All praise to King Cal. He hath saved our season and staved the wrath of ye Olde Mississippi and yon tournament committee with one fell blow. He hath vanquished all oppressors for a fortnight and we shall reign victorious until the next decimation that awaits, when Cal shall cast his noble knights and their steeds under the proverbial chariot once again. All hale Coach Cal!!"
or not

The folks who are nowhere to be found after atrocious losses and then come out of the woodwork after a victory over a middling team that was basically a must win to save the season are no better than the folks who do the opposite (are quiet when we win and then can’t shut up when we lose)

IU is irrelevant. Kansas and UNC both have recent titles/FF appearances. Last night’s win (and those other team’s losses) does little to change the downward trajectory our program is on.

every win this team gets this time of year is worth it's weight in NCAAT value(either keeping what we have or picking up a little ground) Any loss by a team in similar situation as us is good as long as we take advantage by winning.

Just get in the tournament with a decent seed and on to a neutral floor. We are probably better on a neutral floor and who ever we play is probably worse. It seems our home court advantage has diminished in recent times.

The folks who are nowhere to be found after atrocious losses and then come out of the woodwork after a victory over a middling team that was basically a must win to save the season are no better than the folks who do the opposite (are quiet when we win and then can’t shut up when we lose)

IU is irrelevant. Kansas and UNC both have recent titles/FF appearances. Last night’s win (and those other team’s losses) does little to change the downward trajectory our program is on.
LOL. If you've gotten to the point where someone feeling good about a Kentucky win triggers your hate reflex and fills you with rage -- and you feel the need to defend your commitment to constantly and aggressively being negative about the program, you've lost all sense of perspective.

This is a Kentucky basketball board. The day it makes you angry that the Cats won and some of us are happy about that you should consider spending your time on something else.

Are you so miserable that you can’t enjoy a night when a lot of our rivals lost? Nobody said anything about Cal. Well, except you. Nobody is acting like we are back.

Are you so miserable that you can’t enjoy a night when a lot of our rivals lost? Nobody said anything about Cal. Well, except you. Nobody is acting like we are back.

It's a joke. Nobody has to say anything about something in order for someone to joke about something. I didn't say anyone acted like anything.

I enjoyed the win and the night just fine. Had a blast in fact, so thanks for asking. Why do you think I was in the mood to joke about it? :)

I wouldn't have been posting here today if we lost that game, too.

I don’t think ole miss is as bad as some make them out to be. They only have 6 losses with 5 of those coming to ranked teams. Only loss to unranked team is at LSU. They were the only P5 team coming into this week with 5 losses or less and not be ranked.

LOL. If you've gotten to the point where someone feeling good about a Kentucky win triggers your hate reflex and fills you with rage -- and you feel the need to defend your commitment to constantly and aggressively being negative about the program, you've lost all sense of perspective.

This is a Kentucky basketball board. The day it makes you angry that the Cats won and some of us are happy about that you should consider spending your time on something else.

Lol bro you’re the only one who is triggered here. Hate? Rage? Those are awfully strong words. If those are the emotions you thought my post expressed I think you might have a screw lose. Aggressive negativity? Lmfao.

Of course I’m happy the Cats won. Happy as hell those other schools lost, too. But Kansas and UNC losing regular season games when their recent tournament success trumps ours by a country mile is little consolation in the grand scheme of things for me personally.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don’t think ole miss is as bad as some make them out to be. They only have 6 losses with 5 of those coming to ranked teams. Only loss to unranked team is at LSU. They were the only P5 team coming into this week with 5 losses or less and not be ranked.

I thought the same during the game. Not having any "good" wins doesn't mean any team is bad, imo. I think the entire conference is better this year than in decades past

Been nice if he could have done this the last 3 home games. Spare this kind of tripe.
season 13 GIF

Kansas and UNC have recent titles or final 4 appearances? Wtf does that have to do with them losing ? Just make crap up as you go to support a stupid narrative. By saying those teams have sucked ass this year doesn't have anything to do with UK sucking or not

Kansas and UNC have recent titles or final 4 appearances? Wtf does that have to do with them losing ? Just make crap up as you go to support a stupid narrative. By saying those teams have sucked ass this year doesn't have anything to do with UK sucking or not
I would trade our last 5/6 years for theirs in a heartbeat. The occasional regular season loss, especially Kansas, means little to nothing. I mean, is it really “good to be a UK fan”, like the OP suggested?! It was for the first 9/10 games I reckon. We have regressed since early season and our coach can’t even change a damn college defense.

Reactions: Girthang and Wonky

It's not hate and. anger you Dufus .. SMH. Go find a FB group , there a few out there , that dont allow any criticism at all. . Maybe you will be truly happy then .

UNC and Kansas losing is great as usual, but I don't see them as true contenders. UCONN is going to win it again, crushing any small hope of Hurley leaving for UK going forward.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
UNC and Kansas losing is great as usual, but I don't see them as true contenders. UCONN is going to win it again, crushing any small hope of Hurley leaving for UK going forward.
Sure looks that way. Man, I really hope not. Hoping for a non traditional basketball program to win it, if it isn’t us. Hell, even Purdue would be fine.

I would trade our last 5/6 years for theirs in a heartbeat. The occasional regular season loss, especially Kansas, means little to nothing. I mean, is it really “good to be a UK fan”, like the OP suggested?! It was for the first 9/10 games I reckon. We have regressed since early season and our coach can’t even change a damn college defense.
There's zero chance our fans would be ok with our current state if we had made a final 4 in 2019. Our fans are the biggest "what have you done for me lately" in the country

Very Good. Wonky is a turd....

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT