ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs Texas Tech (Sunday - it's sweep week)

Carson has a lot of potential, looks like a pitcher.
Question for some who are familiar with the UK campus, will the new stadium's location be subject to the wind streams like the Cliff seems to be ??

Wind is a constant thing around all of campus. It's a freak thing. The new stadium does, however, sit further away from the "wind tunnel." They've also kind of built it up into a hill with the back of the stadium facing where the typical wind gusts come from. That might help. These last two days, we've had an abnormal flow going hard out to RF.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Not used to seeing Pompey looking this bad at the plate. Swinging early, swinging at bad pitches, just not seeing the ball well right now.

Not used to seeing Pompey looking this bad at the plate. Swinging early, swinging at bad pitches, just not seeing the ball well right now.

I wonder how much of that is a product of being frustrated with the strike zone.

Think they are prepping Coleman to be a closer next year?

Carson has a lot of potential, looks like a pitcher.
Question for some who are familiar with the UK campus, will the new stadium's location be subject to the wind streams like the Cliff seems to be ??

It will probably be worse. It is on a little bit of a hill behind the football stadium with not much around it.

Quietly to the 9th. Really disappointing weekend for Collett and Heyer and Pompey. Let's hope we can at least give it a run in the 9th.

As hot as Heyer and Collett were in Houston, they seem to be just as cold this weekend. I believe they have combined for two hits this weekend.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
You think this umpire who is from Minnesota is upset with us getting players from there to play here? That high strike being called a ball by Ramsey is just questionable.

UK just has no idea what to do with this guy. I don't think we've gotten a hit against him.

This is crazy by Tech... taking out their pitcher against Shinn. Let him throw one and took him out.

Yikes, just seemed off all day today. Series win is great, but a sweep would have been better. Let's go win another series in fayetteville once the real season starts!

Hope this decision bites them hard. Ducek was dealing and had UK totally lost.

Yikes, just seemed off all day today. Series win is great, but a sweep would have been better. Let's go win another series in fayetteville once the real season starts!

What the hell are they doing? This guy can't miss and you're taking him out???

The bats are really feast or famine it seems. Two of the three losses came with 3 or fewer runs.

More scouting reports etc...but he could also be a fan of pitching in warmer weather...he was great in Texas, has had poor outings in cold or wet weather here in KY. Should be used to poor weather but who knows.

Wind is a constant thing around all of campus. It's a freak thing. The new stadium does, however, sit further away from the "wind tunnel." They've also kind of built it up into a hill with the back of the stadium facing where the typical wind gusts come from. That might help. These last two days, we've had an abnormal flow going hard out to RF.

I attended on Sunday and it was blowing like crazy, I was actually surprised there were only two HRs hit in the game, and the 2nd one would have stayed in the park except for the wind, at least IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT