ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Series - WOW

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
Went to today's game. Georgia has a powerful lineup and they got one mistake pitch out of Mason Moore to go up 2-0. Otherwise, he confused and bewildered them all day long.

Meanwhile, our lineup suddenly became the bronx bombers this weekend. Nicholson murdered two different balls for a multi-HR game. Pitre was special today, three hits including a HR.

This is exactly what we needed, though I never expected to sweep an excellent UGA team. Huge opportunity next week going to play a bad Mizzou team in Columbia.

Our team looks good, excellent pitching this weekend, especially from Moore, Niman, Nove, Pooser. Hitting was clutch with almost all of our early runs coming with two outs. We still play a lot of Ming Ball with bunts and base running, but this lineup has more power than last year's team had. Very fun to watch so far.

UK tied with Vandy in the east, and already up multiple games over UT and USC. Let's win next weekend and get a real lead on our rivals.

I’m going to be interested to watch this Georgia team through the SEC. They have a very good team and we manhandled them.

The Cats have a very real chance to win the next 9 games…especially if they continue to play like they did this weekend. After that the schedule gets real. GBB!!!

Reactions: Jeff12wb
I’m going to be interested to watch this Georgia team through the SEC. They have a very good team and we manhandled them.

The Cats have a very real chance to win the next 9 games…especially if they continue to play like they did this weekend. After that the schedule gets real. GBB!!!
Your last statements are what jump out to me.
The 'Cats absolutely HAVE to ride this momentum and capitalize on this early portion of the SEC schedule.
In my opinion, there is no excuse to go worse than 7-2 over these next 9. If they do that, they are cooking and on a roll into the meat of the schedule where they can afford to say "just don't get swept" and still make the tourney and possibly host!
Obviously, you don't want to have that mindset. But you give yourself a bit more wiggle room...

Reactions: K86
Went to today's game. Georgia has a powerful lineup and they got one mistake pitch out of Mason Moore to go up 2-0. Otherwise, he confused and bewildered them all day long.

Meanwhile, our lineup suddenly became the bronx bombers this weekend. Nicholson murdered two different balls for a multi-HR game. Pitre was special today, three hits including a HR.

This is exactly what we needed, though I never expected to sweep an excellent UGA team. Huge opportunity next week going to play a bad Mizzou team in Columbia.

Our team looks good, excellent pitching this weekend, especially from Moore, Niman, Nove, Pooser. Hitting was clutch with almost all of our early runs coming with two outs. We still play a lot of Ming Ball with bunts and base running, but this lineup has more power than last year's team had. Very fun to watch so far.

UK tied with Vandy in the east, and already up multiple games over UT and USC. Let's win next weekend and get a real lead on our rivals.
It looks as though we are settling in on a lineup. Before this weekend I would have said we had 3 or 4 open spots still but now that some guys have started to hit I think positions are more or less set.

Reactions: Jeff12wb and K86
Your last statements are what jump out to me.
The 'Cats absolutely HAVE to ride this momentum and capitalize on this early portion of the SEC schedule.
In my opinion, there is no excuse to go worse than 7-2 over these next 9. If they do that, they are cooking and on a roll into the meat of the schedule where they can afford to say "just don't get swept" and still make the tourney and possibly host!
Obviously, you don't want to have that mindset. But you give yourself a bit more wiggle room...

I would exercise some caution here. Bad teams win occasionally in baseball, so we can't expect a sweep over Mizzou. If we can get one that is HUGE though. Winning these series at Ole Miss will be very tough, but we have to win at least one there and hope for two.

The goal after the next two series should be 7-2 in the SEC while 8-1 would be amazing. Minimum 6-3.

That sets up a gigantic home series against Alabama. Alabama is probably better than Georgia but not by much. They just won a big home series against UT that they could easily have lost. If UK can get through these first four series and have a 9-3 or 8-4 record (or better), then that sets up some big goals (hosting a regional, shooting for a national seed) with monster series remaining against Arky, UT, Vandy all at home and UF, Aubie, and USC on the road.

Reactions: parrott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT