ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox decision coming soon

Honestly could South Florida pull it off?

His brother plays there, and they are 21-5 this season with a ton of momentum, AND it's his hometown.

Way better situation than Louisville, and he'll be the STAR.
I have no idea about his game. I’ve heard he’s the Old Cal type athlete with limited shooting skills so idk if I’m really excited or not.

If USF coach doesn’t get poached this offseason

USF has way MORE resources right now than what Kelvin Sampson started with at Houston- honestly USF's facilities right now are actually on par or better than Houston's. I could see him wanting to build it up and get it rolling- not that they would ever reach those heights, but man he could stay in that league and dominate for years

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
My problem is I don't love the recruiting class so far next year but I also don't love Knox but we will either need someone to come back for a second year or a quality transfer(s). Hopefully whatever happens works out.

USF has way MORE resources right now than what Kelvin Sampson started with at Houston- honestly USF's facilities right now are actually on par or better than Houston's. I could see him wanting to build it up and get it rolling- not that they would ever reach those heights, but man he could stay in that league and dominate for years
For sure, I’ve seen Indiana fans mention him as a candidate for their job once they move on from Woodson

I would prefer someone that is a combination of Reed, Rob and Reeves. With a little Thiero added in for good measure. I wish we could take DNA from those listed above and clone an almost perfect player.🤣🤣🤣 Any science/biology majors out there up for an experiment?!🤣🤣🤣

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

I think Knox has a lot of upside as a SF. Seems to have a really strong build, and is a good scorer and, from what I read, improving 3pt. shooting. The problem in my mind is he seems 100% determined to be OAD regardless, and I just don't think a freshman version of Knox will be good enough. Plus, I'm afraid with both Richmond and Knox committed Calipari won't go after the best 2G/SF in the portal.

I honestly have no idea what Karter will do. I do feel the people in this thread basically begging a 5 star to go elsewhere are a bit obvious and should be openly questioned about their true colors. The kid is the younger brother of a prior Kentucky player and again a 5 star from a family that has been nothing short of great and supportive of Kentucky basketball. If Karter wants to come you welcome him with open arms.

I honestly have no idea what Karter will do. I do feel the people in this thread basically begging a 5 star to go elsewhere are a bit obvious and should be openly questioned about their true colors. The kid is the younger brother of a prior Kentucky player and again a 5 star from a family that has been nothing short of great and supportive of Kentucky basketball. If Karter wants to come you welcome him with open arms.
Just because Kevin was good doesn’t mean karter would be good here. Knox is a good player but Kentucky needs shot makers and more importantly perimeter threats next year, Knox isn’t that

Rob wasn’t regarded as a great shot coming into this year. That said, his transformation into a damn good shooter is much more the exception than the rule. It’s gotta be damn rare to find a kid who wasn’t a great shot as a senior in HS, that becomes one so quickly.

I don’t keep up with recruiting anymore. I see when a recruit commits and then read a summary. There’s been too many can’t miss prospects that were misses to have much faith in recruiting hype (plus a few better than advertised). The fanbase’s ho hum feelings about Knox seem to be more prominent than any other highly rated kid that I can remember.

Reactions: westerncat
USF would be a great landing spot for Karter. He would do well in that league, and it’s his hometown. Just not convinced he’s gonna be a factor in the SEC or even the ACC

Just because Kevin was good doesn’t mean karter would be good here. Knox is a good player but Kentucky needs shot makers and more importantly perimeter threats next year, Knox isn’t that
I will argue we will have mass exodus as always. We will need a little bit of everything next year. Those acting as if he cant shoot are just not accurate. He's not Doron Lamb but he isn’t MKG either. I think he's being undervalued by many. I have no idea where he's going but he's a terrific basketball payer that any program will be lucky to land.

Question me all you want.. He doesn't impress me and you're only getting one year from him regardless.. Get someone from the portal and let him help Kenny Payne keep his job.. Not that hard to understand..

Reactions: delk4three
Please commit to anyone else
a bounty of riches - 2 years ago we would have been jumping for joy to get him, now he isn't good enough

and I"m not knocking you for it. I don't know enough about him to be excited at the idea of him coming to UK, but if its between UK, USF and Louisville then it would seem a talent defenciency

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
I mean they all don't have to be shooters. Driving and defense are still important facets of the game.

Wasn't Eric Bledsoe not labeled a shooter? He turned out alright as well.

He sounds like Chris Livingston?

With the portal if Cal and the staff use it correctly we should be able to set some great shooters.

I’ll let all the experts construct our roster for next year and end with this. How much did we hear about Karter and Kevin’s other brother coming out of high school? It’s not just a name. Karter is a 5 star for a reason and has an excellent chance to be a pro. Thats not my opinion. Thats everyone that’s scouted him. Outside of that every kid is a crap shoot. Could we potentially find a better shooter in the portal? Maybe but if history repeats itself we’re gonna have plenty of room on the roster For both.

Some of you are clueless about Knox.

He's shooting the exact same three-point percentage that Aaron Harrison did in high school, but Knox is doing it against better competition.

He's a great player and we'd be blessed to land him.
2014 basketball and 2024 basketball are too different games. Knox is a good player but with Kentuckys roster build up next year they need for sure shooters and floor spacers instead of guys who can maybe do it

Some of you are clueless about Knox.

He's shooting the exact same three-point percentage that Aaron Harrison did in high school, but Knox is doing it against better competition.

thank you. I feel like people are dogging him without knowing anything. He’s certainly not a poor shooter.

I don’t think he’s what we need, but he will be a good college player.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Honestly could South Florida pull it off?

His brother plays there, and they are 21-5 this season with a ton of momentum, AND it's his hometown.

Way better situation than Louisville, and he'll be the STAR.

If Kenny is coming back, he's going to UofL.

2014 basketball and 2024 basketball are too different games. Knox is a good player but with Kentuckys roster build up next year they need for sure shooters and floor spacers instead of guys who can maybe do it

why are you okay with Richmond then? Knox is a better shooter than him. He’s a better shooter than Livingston or Edwards too.

Last edited:
Reactions: FitchandMurray29
why are you okay with Rochnond then? Knox is a better shooter than him. He’s a better shooter than Livingston or Edwards too.
You can have one bad shooter, if you have multiple then it today’s basketball it’s an issue. If Knox comes here then great, I will welcome him, I just rather have other options given what Kentucky already has

Wrong Some of you are clueless about Knox.

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT