ADVERTISEMENT

Just a poorly put together, terribly coached team

All systems failure. Cal’s roster building, his inept coaching, his soft as warm butter players, Cal’s clueless interaction with the press. It was all there. As terribly constructed as this team was, playing Mintz at point guard from even from the middle of January forward, would have probably produced an low seed NCAA team. We all know he will be back next year so discussing his leaving is a total waste of time. The question is will he get his head out of his ass and make the necessary changes? How this roster shapes up over the next few months will be telling.

I have come to the opinion that Cal can only win when he has the superior talent that can score even in his crappy offensive sets.
So you’re saying that the coaches who have the better players win more? Ya don’t say

Nope. In their last 5 years:
Tubby: 131-40 .766
Calipari: 122-46 .726

I believe that if Patrick Patterson had committed early, Tubby wouldn't have left. We already had a commitment from Draymond Green (who obviously switched to Michigan State after Tubby left), add Patterson, and we likely have gotten Kenny Frease (big man who had a nice career at Xavier). That may have swayed Jai Lucas our way too. I don't remember if Lucas committed to Florida before or after Tubby left. Tubby might have had the class lined up to turn us around.

This was the most mismatched and poorly fitting group of player pieces I can ever remember. It was like Cal found 10 different puzzles at a yard sale, dumped all the pieces in a bucket and then tried to make one big puzzle out of it. Not pretty.

7E7MXfq.gif

Lol...in the last 5 years, he has won 80% of his games. Not one of these negative Nancy's have provided a single coach who has won more than him. Just a bunch a trolls trying to stir up us true fans....

Man up. You need to come back to this thread and answer those who brought up facts

I must say the title of this thread is the best and most accurate description of a situation that I have ever seen on this board. Simple and concise. Well done OP.

So you’re saying that the coaches who have the better players win more? Ya don’t say
Yes, but great coaches can still win games with average talent, look at what Pete Carrell did at Princeton taking a Patrick Ewing Georgetown team to the wire, and it took the refs to help Georgetown. I could win with 2012, but I think I could have done better than Cal with 2010 and 2015 which should have won a championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT