ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Jones

That HAS to be some kind of NCAA violation ! Jerry isn't used to having to fool with the NCAA and its inane rules.

2a1e6a9806b97c9ffb04e859b5fe85cc.gif

he is going "pay for play" and he will out bid the highest bidder?

Why, that is against the "guidelines" set forth by the NCAA... oh dear

I smell BS. Why would Jerrah throw money to the basketball team, and not football ? Jerrah played football for Arkansas and is a FOOTBALL guy. So a normal, reasonable thinking person would think if he was going to donate money to NIL, it would be for the football program. No ?

LOL at the posters shitting or Jerry Jones. You only wish you had his accomplishments / credentials. 3 Superbowls, (I get it, it has been a while, but still has 3) MOST football owners / teams would absolutely kill to have 3 rings, own the most profitable / valuable sports team in the world. He prints money, AT&T Stadium when opened was the MECCA of football venues. I get it, you either love or hate the Cowboys (similar to UK), but hating on Jerry Jones and his accomplishments I can't understand. Your opinion good or bad, he absolutely loves football and the Dallas Cowboys, he puts his heart and soul into trying to get the team another ring. Is loved by his players and former players, because he actually cares for them as people, provides them with the best amenities, is very loyal to them (to a fault). It is true he hasn't had recent playoff / championship success, but if the majority of the other owners actually cared about his players, team, and winning as much as he does, the NFL would be a lot better product.
Most owners, all they care about is the bottom line first. While Jerry loves money, he actually tries EVERY year to field a team capable of winning.
Agree and an Arkansas poster said as much
I hope the national media follows up on this story and asks Jerry for a comment.
Since Trilly Donavon is not an actual person, he or she doesn't have to own up to what they claim.

Agree and an Arkansas poster said as much
I hope the national media follows up on this story and asks Jerry for a comment.
Since Trilly Donavon is not an actual person, he or she doesn't have to own up to what they claim.
A few people have suggested / guessed that Trilly Donovan is Matt Norlander. IF so, you would think he would have a bit more concrete info that it is actually true. I know and get that a lot of times media guys report what they get from sources and even some hypotheticals, but if you are going to run with it as truth, be damn certain your source i 100% accurate.

2a1e6a9806b97c9ffb04e859b5fe85cc.gif

he is going "pay for play" and he will out bid the highest bidder?

Why, that is against the "guidelines" set forth by the NCAA... oh dear
How so ? I do not believe the story, it doesn't pass the smell test, but IF Jerry was going to give NIL donations, what would be the issue ? He attended and played football at Arkansas, why couldn't he be a booster ? Especially not even the sport he played / is associated with ? Like I said, he is a football guy, IF he was throwing out cash like it was suggested, I would think it would be for the football team, not basketball. JMO, simply using logic as my guide.

How so ? I do not believe the story, it doesn't pass the smell test, but IF Jerry was going to give NIL donations, what would be the issue ? He attended and played football at Arkansas, why couldn't he be a booster ? Especially not even the sport he played / is associated with ? Like I said, he is a football guy, IF he was throwing out cash like it was suggested, I would think it would be for the football team, not basketball. JMO, simply using logic as my guide.
Another thing about Jerry is he doesn't have a clue who he would be paying.
Football may be a different story because I'm sure he's familiar with a lot of football standouts around the country.
Let's face it he doesn't know Karter Knox from Amanda Knox.
Maybe he doesn't realize what doubling a UK/ player/ signee would cost.
For DJ it would probably be a million.
Who on earth would pay DJ a million a season.
I'm not buying any of it.
It makes Jerry look like he's financially stupid and just asking to get taken advantage of by kids looking for a money grab.

Another thing about Jerry is he doesn't have a clue who he would be paying.
Football may be a different story because I'm sure he's familiar with a lot of football standouts around the country.
Let's face it he doesn't know Karter Knox from Amanda Knox.
Maybe he doesn't realize what doubling a UK/ player/ signee would cost.
For DJ it would probably be a million.
Who on earth would pay DJ a million a season.
I'm not buying any of it.
It makes Jerry look like he's financially stupid and just asking to get taken advantage of by kids looking for a money grab.
I would think that about Jerry Lewis or even Jerry Van Dyke. but not this Jerry.

🤢Jerry Jones and his cowboy losing ass can't pay enough money to win at football and Jones won't win trying his luck on college basketball.
That's what history says about him and that's what history says about Kentucky.
FIN.
🤳

it is not supposed to be PAY FOR PLAY... but most are not following the guidelines

it is not supposed to be PAY FOR PLAY... but most are not following the guidelines
He can do NIL deals with players. We have a poster (Brady) that actually did a $100,000 NIL proposal for Antonio Reeves last year and the coaching staff never relayed the offer to Reeves. He also had a real nice incentive lined up for Sheppard. Now you can't just walk up and give the players cash, but you can make contractual agreements with players, or he could simply donate money to the NIL fund to use for players. But like I said, it is a moot point IMO as I do not even believe the story. Jerry is a football guy, if he was giving NIL money, it would be for the football team to use.

Cal crying about nil was the most hilarious part of the divorce. He always had incredible talent. That never changed. It won't change now. So that had absolutely no bearing on his (in)ability to win.

When you really parse out his complaints, he was mad he had to do any of the work. He even mentioned something to the effect of now it will just be there.

Cal is going to crash hard. Instead of changing, he just ran off to somewhere that will enable his bad habits of being lazy, ignoring schemes thinking freshman talent trumps all, and eventually losing.

I saw some people at first wanting to boycott Tyson chicken. Hell we should be thanking them. Even if pope doesn't work out, at least they bailed us out of that awful contract. Of course we now have another poor contract, but nothing as bad as Cal's.
People get so het up they refuse to take 'Yes' for an answer.

Glad Calipari had gone? Thank Tyson!!!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Jones and Calipari are both guys who always think they’re going to win the championship next year

it seems searching the twitter and message boards world from people that know recruiting is that it is MUCH MUCH harder to get players to go to Arkansas than it was to go to UK. its probably will take twice as much NIL to get those players to arkansas.
Yeah. Kentucky made prime cal as much as cal revived KY.

Cal had a big star on each Memphis team but he didn’t have super classes until he got to Kentucky. The stage allowed him to ramp up and kick it into another gear that he wasn’t able to at Memphis. His Memphis teams were 1-2 1nD surrounded by grown men upperclassmen. Kentucky gave him the stage and resources to make an nba factory of underclassmen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT