ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Jones

Tell me you haven't been to Lexington KY without saying you haven't been to Lexington KY.

Lexington is not quite a "country" place, but more of a college town that is mostly liberal.
Yea, no. I’ve lived in around Lexington most of my life, but also lived in Tucson and Myrtle Beach and I’ve traveled extensively throughout most of the country. UK and Lexington are very uptight and conservative compared to most college towns. This is very much a Bible Belt, old money world. Lexington may be liberal next to say, Morehead or Pikeville, but as far as places that have a major college, this one is about as conservative as you get.

What would make it harder to get them to Fayetteville instead of Lexington, I guess I don’t understand your logic? I mean I’m sure Lexington is a great town and all but I mean…it’s Kentucky? Not sure many inner city kids or kids outside of the region would view Lexington as a step up or step down from Fayetteville. Just a “country” place, with conservative views, with big arenas, where you can make good money to play basketball, or do you disagree with that?
Well a huge reason is that Welch and Antigua arent going. That tells recruits uh oh.. whats wrong? Antigua is the big recruiter for many of those in the class so right there makes it difficult enough. Cal and Arkansas will get some 5 star players but its just going to be harder than it was at UK. He's going to go up against UK, UNC, Duke and KU now with adidas pushing kids to KU and Nike pushing kids to the 3 blue bloods . UK's fan base is just much much larger and has as many fans out of state as in state now after 80 years of being a blue blood so there is just more money to make off of UK than there is at Arkansas for Nike.

According to Trilly Donovan Jerry Jones is offering to double whatever the UK commits were going to make to come to Arkansas……

This is all speculation but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true
Go right ahead money hasn’t been able to buy his own team shit he’s the reason the Cowboys hasn’t won shit since the 90’s… You can only pay so many kids you only have so many roster spots available. Can’t Coach Cal isn’t going to win you shit that’s why Arkansas got him for a discounted price. Those 2 douchebags deserve each other!!!!

And the OP hangs on this anonymous persons every word and passes it on like the gospel. Trilly’s shilly
Was Trilly right about anything during the coaching search? Even before it? Seems like another Jones throwing crap at the wall and hoping something hits.

Coaching search showed me one thing. There are no true UK insiders

Cal crying about nil was the most hilarious part of the divorce. He always had incredible talent. That never changed. It won't change now. So that had absolutely no bearing on his (in)ability to win.

When you really parse out his complaints, he was mad he had to do any of the work. He even mentioned something to the effect of now it will just be there.

Cal is going to crash hard. Instead of changing, he just ran off to somewhere that will enable his bad habits of being lazy, ignoring schemes thinking freshman talent trumps all, and eventually losing.

I saw some people at first wanting to boycott Tyson chicken. Hell we should be thanking them. Even if pope doesn't work out, at least they bailed us out of that awful contract. Of course we now have another poor contract, but nothing as bad as Cal's.

Was Trilly right about anything during the coaching search? Even before it? Seems like another Jones throwing crap at the wall and hoping something hits.

Coaching search showed me one thing. There are no true UK insiders
Trilly has been right about most things. He was the first to mention Arkansas as a possible spot for Cal. Also a lot of people consider Trilly to be Matt Norlander and it would make sense because he broke a lot of news during the coaching search.

Reactions: MWes11
What would make it harder to get them to Fayetteville instead of Lexington, I guess I don’t understand your logic? I mean I’m sure Lexington is a great town and all but I mean…it’s Kentucky? Not sure many inner city kids or kids outside of the region would view Lexington as a step up or step down from Fayetteville. Just a “country” place, with conservative views, with big arenas, where you can make good money to play basketball, or do you disagree with that?

Nope.

Sounds sustainable. I’m sure his rich overseers will love losing the first weekend after dumping millions on a team.

This is exactly what I’d predicted early on. Cal’s desperation led him to a place where he will have way less control and we all can guess how that will work out for everybody.

Don't know if that's true or not either but Steinbrenner and Jones have spent most their lives trying to BUY championships, it doesn't work like that. Jimmy Johnson got tired of the micromanaging and constant looking over his shoulder. People with money are always the last ones to get it, you can't buy everything.

Last edited:
Two solid pieces of the Mount Rushmore of squandered money and mediocre sports success.

Folks get spooked by big name rich folks. "Oh no...such and such school has so and so as a booster...they're going to buy players and wins essentially..."

Have said this multiple times on multiple threads whenever NIL and discussions about which programs can afford the most.

There is no direct correlation between alumni wealth and sustained program success.

Look at the top 15-20 wealthiest alumni bases...UVA, Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, UCLA, USC, Michigan, Texas...

Irish and Bruins have some ancient history. Longhorns and Blue have about 4 football titles between them in 50 years, no basketball...

Arkansas, didn't just stumble into Tyson Chicken, Jerry Jones, and Wal-Mart money. They've always had it. Where is all their success? I know NIL is relatively new, but they should have the best facilities and resources. I'm sure they're nice, but I've never heard any buzz about Arkansas being a Shangri-la for athletes.

The uber wealthy like the above mentioned, don't have the appetite to give directly to college athletes. They are already paying professional athletes and actually get a return on investment.

They give just enough to universities to get their name on a building and or scholarship fund both of which can be written off on their taxes.

Sports junkie Mark Cuban could turn IU basketball around tomorrow if he wanted. He wont. He's already paying professional basketball players, and like the above, if he was marginally interested in paying college players he wouldn't want to have to pay 400 additional athletes across all the other programs which is what is going to happen with collectives. All the bean counting, and title ix will come into play.

Reactions: UKPopeVIII
I'm a Cowboys fan, but Jones has ruined the team ever since he and Jimmy Johnson had the falling out. Let him ruin Arkansas too while he's at it. 😁
I am also a fan. Jimmy taking until last year to get into the Ring of Honor is damn near sad on Jones' part.

Trilly has been right about most things. He was the first to mention Arkansas as a possible spot for Cal. Also a lot of people consider Trilly to be Matt Norlander and it would make sense because he broke a lot of news during the coaching search.
I get that but my contention has always been and will continue to is why not disseminate this information under his real name which has credibility instead of this anonymous, secretive entity (maybe multiple people) with little credibility? Arkansas/Cal aside I don't remember any real information that has been passed along through this Trilly entity.

I get that but my contention has always been and will continue to is why not disseminate this information under his real name which has credibility instead of this anonymous, secretive entity (maybe multiple people) with little credibility? Arkansas/Cal aside I don't remember any real information that has been passed along through this Trilly entity.
He has been making predictions for a while now. The "Why" assuming it actually is him, would be that it allows him to pass on information that may or may not come true without worrying about his reputation. It also would allow him to say things without burning bridges or exposing himself to where he got the information.

So what if he offers 10 times? This year they’re not coming here anyway.
Wait until Jerry starts telling Cal which players to recruit.

I actually hope the UK commits take Arkansas to the cleaners.
As much as Arkansas has flaunted booster wealth publicly, I hope all 5 kids demand top dollar or they'll go elsewhere.

Reactions: UKgal82
so Arkansas is such a craphole you have to pay recruits twice as much to consider the program.

Ellen has to hate Cal so much right now

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I don't know why we would care tbh ... Cal has basically had his pick of recruits for the last 15 years and has one title. I highly doubt he wins a title at Arkansas no matter how many players Jerry buys. That relationship will sour QUICKLY because Jones is a personality that Cal will not get along well with when Cal fails to produce.

Oh yea let’s pay amateur college players who already get a free scholarship

What could possibly go wrong 🤷‍♂️

This is was doomed to fail since day one. It’s why the damn women’s game has started getting more viewers.

No worries though. As long as schools like Arky have cal as a coach it’ll be wasted money

Wait a minute, you're telling me I'm supposed to be scared or upset that Jerry Jones is doing this? That Jerry Jones, the guy who hasn't won in 30 years, can't put together a team that wins in the clutch, is now offering to pay double to flip guys from Kentucky? That's ****ing hilarious. That's how scared Arkansas is. That's how terrified they are of this

If this is true, it sure is dumb to let it be public. That just allows recruits to try and squeeze old Jerry for more money. Also, Jerry's money can never by enough talent to improve Cal's coaching. He has had the most talent for years and can't do anything with it. This screams of insanity...doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. It appears Cal hasn't learned a thing!

Reactions: hmt5000
I for one, don't care. I am not sure why KSR made it a story. I guess I get its news and someone people want to hear about it, but for me, I want to put Cal behind me. I am glad he is gone, they would could win the national title next year and I would still consider it a win for us. Regardless of why, that relationship had gone sour

I smell BS. Why would Jerrah throw money to the basketball team, and not football ? Jerrah played football for Arkansas and is a FOOTBALL guy. So a normal, reasonable thinking person would think if he was going to donate money to NIL, it would be for the football program. No ?

LOL at the posters shitting or Jerry Jones. You only wish you had his accomplishments / credentials. 3 Superbowls, (I get it, it has been a while, but still has 3) MOST football owners / teams would absolutely kill to have 3 rings, own the most profitable / valuable sports team in the world. He prints money, AT&T Stadium when opened was the MECCA of football venues. I get it, you either love or hate the Cowboys (similar to UK), but hating on Jerry Jones and his accomplishments I can't understand. Your opinion good or bad, he absolutely loves football and the Dallas Cowboys, he puts his heart and soul into trying to get the team another ring. Is loved by his players and former players, because he actually cares for them as people, provides them with the best amenities, is very loyal to them (to a fault). It is true he hasn't had recent playoff / championship success, but if the majority of the other owners actually cared about his players, team, and winning as much as he does, the NFL would be a lot better product.
Most owners, all they care about is the bottom line first. While Jerry loves money, he actually tries EVERY year to field a team capable of winning.

With all the money, Arkansas is likely going to have the #1 or #2 recruiting class every year. Just like UK did. I don't think we will be going head-to-head against Cal in recruiting much going forward. I just hope Travis Perry stays with UK. I assume the rest of this year's class will go with Cal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT