ADVERTISEMENT

January 16, 1996

I just wish this footage looked better on a 50" TV. I showed the video to my son and he couldn't get past the quality, lol. I recently saw a video from Pebble Beach 1962 that looked significantly better

Awesome, surreal first half of basketball

Jefferson Pilot spared no expense on technology for sure.

I remember that game, was on the road for work and hurried back to watch at the hotel thinking LSU might give us a game. Unbelievable game, paid someone on old catpaw to put on a DVD even.

I just wish this footage looked better on a 50" TV. I showed the video to my son and he couldn't get past the quality, lol. I recently saw a video from Pebble Beach 1962 that looked significantly better

Awesome, surreal first half of basketball
there are 2 or 3 versions on youtube out there but the quality is all bad

imagine this team against the 2015 team.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I remember this one well. I was in 9th grade. My mom was sick and had gone to bed. When I went and told her the halftime score she got at me for messing with her. I was telling the truth! Lol.

2 of the most memorable SEC games in the 90s for Kentucky happened in Baton Rouge. 2 years prior to this was the 31 point comeback.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
That video quality. Yeesh.

Wish I would have been old enough to really remember that team. Born in December of 92.

That video quality. Yeesh.

Wish I would have been old enough to really remember that team. Born in December of 92.
We’ve had some fun seasons, but none have been more fun than that one. Never seen a team dominate like that one. It was like a Mike Tyson fight. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. And man that team did a lot of face punching.

We’ve had some fun seasons, but none have been more fun than that one. Never seen a team dominate like that one. It was like a Mike Tyson fight. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. And man that team did a lot of face punching.

If I remember correctly, Tubby’s UGA team was the only SEC regular season opponent to stay under double digits, and we beat them by 8 or 9 in Athens.

I’ve never seen another team that dominant in terms of record or margin of victory since.

Yeah we averaged beating SEC teams by around 20 a game so everyone thought the SEC was bad. Only got 4 teams in the dance and all 4 went to sweet 16 and 2 to the final four. I wish I had that whole season on video in high definition.

Reactions: Ugoff
I saw them lose to Mississippi St too

I think Pitino wanted them to lose that game

I was 2 months from turning 23 and just out of the USAF living in Denver. Was impossible to get this game back then, so had to ask my folks in KY to VHS it and I’d watch when I came to visit a few months later.

I rewound that half 4 times just giddy, and of course this was well after we won the entire thing. We used to just blow the pants off of every team we played. What a great time in UK fandom.

I was on the road working, got to the motel checked in and cable was out. By the time I found
a sports bar the first half was almost over. I was pissed, thought I'd missed the whole game.
Fortunately, I decided to hang around and have a drink or two so did see the second half.

I saw them lose to Mississippi St too

I think Pitino wanted them to lose that game
Watching that LSU game, and knowing Syracuse's point guard had an injured hand, you wonder how we didn't blow them out by 30 points in the championship game. Yeah, they played that zone, but turnovers create fast break points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT