ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Toppin working

Brooks better bring it or Brooks could be seeing more beach time than he wants. Toppin impressed me last season for a freshman. You can see the talent in him.
Once Toppin brings it all together, he’s going to be scary good. We saw flashes of that last season, like you said. I think he’ll flourish this season, especially having all those shooters around him to open up the floor.

I really hope we play a “fast paste”. He would be a terror in transition. Really needs to keep working on his handle.

Once Toppin brings it all together, he’s going to be scary good. We saw flashes of that last season, like you said. I think he’ll flourish this season, especially having all those shooters around him to open up the floor.

I really hope we play a “fast paste”. He would be a terror in transition. Really needs to keep working on his handle.
You mean play a "fast pace"?

Quit being a pre Madonna

They’ll just find something to use as their escaped goat! 🤣

5DXzYzd.jpg

Maybe just my wishful thinking, but I thought Toppin appeared to be just a little more solid and stronger, and less wispy, in the video Richie posted. Along with improving the ball handling and spot up shooting, I think a more solid, stronger frame will be key for him.

i think he was a sophomore
What's scary is he has 3 years of college eligibility left. With the rule of last year not counting. However, if he keeps improving I doubt we ever get to see all those years.

That rule is going to help a lot of teams around the nation, but not us. I wish they wouldn't have added that rule. I mean if we get Mintz back I will change my tune, but as of now, it seems to only be against us. It would have made much more sense for 2020 not to count and guys like Sestina could have come back.

What's scary is he has 3 years of college eligibility left. With the rule of last year not counting. However, if he keeps improving I doubt we ever get to see all those years.

That rule is going to help a lot of teams around the nation, but not us. I wish they wouldn't have added that rule. I mean if we get Mintz back I will change my tune, but as of now, it seems to only be against us. It would have made much more sense for 2020 not to count and guys like Sestina could have come back.
Agreed. I think that I read somewhere that Sestina could’ve actually been eligible to play this season, had he not already signed a pro contract overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT