ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Toppin gets two-way contract with Knicks

Toppin showed the occasional flash while here, but was largely underwhelming. He can obviously jump out of the gym. The last 10 minutes or so of the game in Fayetteville last year, he really shined. I don’t really see him sticking in the NBA unless he improves in a number of areas (strength probably being the top priority), but it’s nice to see he and Hagans getting two-way deals. I believe that guarantees a player about 300k for the year. Nice work guys.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Toppin showed the occasional flash while here, but was largely underwhelming. He can obviously jump out of the gym. The last 10 minutes or so of the game in Fayetteville last year, he really shined. I don’t really see him sticking in the NBA unless he improves in a number of areas (strength probably being the top priority), but it’s nice to see he and Hagans getting two-way deals. I believe that guarantees a player about 300k for the year. Nice work guys.
I think he’s just a jump shot away from a journeyman career, or at least a few years on a roster

I think he’s just a jump shot away from a journeyman career, or at least a few years on a roster

He improved quite a bit over the last half of last season. I think he was well over 40% from 3 in conference play.

He was dominating the G league. I look a few weeks back and he was averaging something like 21 and 8 on insane shooting splits. So i’m not surprised they’re giving him a chance.

When they dominate here is what perks my ears up. Couldn't care less that they take plays off and avoid contact so they can get to the league.

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
He's not going to stick in the NBA because he doesn't play defense. He shies from contact. He doesn't rebound. If he could rebound and play defense they will let him hang around until his offense develops.

But he's getting paid and not having to go overseas to do it.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT