ADVERTISEMENT

J. Quaintance to Louisville...?

I think it’s a shame to let rivalry stuff hurt our well being as a state. You can believe it’s a shitty city, but even if you do, wouldn’t it help to be constructive about it? If you think it’s shitty or run down, doesn’t that just mean there is more opportunity to improve it? Othering Louisville as a city doesn’t help anyone, certainly not the state. If our state was functioning on all cylinders, everyone would be building each other up, not tearing each other down.
I love KY, lived here almost my whole life, but the entire state as a whole is awful.

We always vote against our best interests and keep these useless politicians in office. It’s why we will always be bottom 10 in quality of life in the US.

To each his own but I work in Louisville (live in Lexington) and Louisville is a dump. Traffic sucks, homeless problem is out of control, roads falling apart, whole town is dirty and gross looking. You go to a similar sized town like Raleigh and you can eat off the street.
Like any city, depends on where you live. I live in the east end of Louisville and it is very nice. Little occasion to go downtown but not as bad as you say. And Lexington has traffic problems 10 times worse than Louisville. There are few alternate routes if you’re stuck.

To each his own but I work in Louisville (live in Lexington) and Louisville is a dump. Traffic sucks, homeless problem is out of control, roads falling apart, whole town is dirty and gross looking. You go to a similar sized town like Raleigh and you can eat off the street.
I did that for a year. Man what a bitch of a commute, especially when gas prices are high. Otoh the audiobook time is solid.

Like any city, depends on where you live. I live in the east end of Louisville and it is very nice. Little occasion to go downtown but not as bad as you say. And Lexington has traffic problems 10 times worse than Louisville. There are few alternate routes if you’re stuck.
They do away with new circle?

Just like Williams agent said the commitment was a lie and jqs dad said Louisville paying up was a lie. I have zero allegiance. I just go with the info. That person is right every step of the way and is way out in front.
Thats literally a player refuting a story. Theres no reason he would do that after committing to another school. Im going to go with the player

Let’s be honest here. We were thrilled when .he committed here. Many considered him our best incoming freshman of our next class. And, if you think we weren’t going to hand him a bag then you’re kidding yourself. He and the others in the ex-class weren’t coming here for free. Now many want to tear the kid down. Please…

Lville likely spent their entire budget to one kid who will most likely not play much this year and will transfer again next year for a new offer

Let’s be honest here. We were thrilled when .he committed here. Many considered him our best incoming freshman of our next class. And, if you think we weren’t going to hand him a bag then you’re kidding yourself. He and the others in the ex-class weren’t coming here for free. Now many want to tear the kid down. Please…
Just read the whole thread and not a single poster tore the kid down other than to say he wasn’t worth his asking price. That’s not tearing him down but being realistic. I’m glad we didn’t pay him 1.5 million which is somewhere in the neighborhood of what we were prepared to pay Reed should he returned. Paying that to an unproven 16 year old would not have been wise.

I love KY, lived here almost my whole life, but the entire state as a whole is awful.

We always vote against our best interests and keep these useless politicians in office. It’s why we will always be bottom 10 in quality of life in the US.
---
So you're saying the party you vote for doesn't win.

It's so funny how the fans here loved JQ when he was a Wildcat, but now he's not worth shit.
Please quote a poster that said this. Saying one is glad that we didn’t pony up his asking price is not the same as saying he isn’t worth a shit. No one knows how good or bad he will end up being in college at all.

Reactions: westerncat
Lville likely spent their entire budget to one kid who will most likely not play much this year and will transfer again next year for a new offer
Why worry about how they spend? By all accounts, CMP has a wad of NIL cash burning a hole in his pocket. Why not flash that cash and get us some players? Why are we now becoming frugal at a time we need CMP to flex some muscles???

Well good thing youre not in charge of our money because moving forward, thats what its going to take to get guys like that. I dont care if the kid is 12, you dont lose this guy to Louisville. You let Louisville know who the boss is. But we f’d it up
NO, Stop, You dont make decisions based on sticking it to your rival. You would have us pay 1.5 to 2 million for JQ and lose out on Osobor? if anyone is worth that money its Osobor.

Reactions: m080470
Why worry about how they spend? By all accounts, CMP has a wad of NIL cash burning a hole in his pocket. Why not flash that cash and get us some players? Why are we now becoming frugal at a time we need CMP to flex some muscles???

I didn’t say one single word about Kentucky.

But I absolutely would not give that kid what his daddy is asking for but k like is dumb enough too

Just read the whole thread and not a single poster tore the kid down other than to say he wasn’t worth his asking price. That’s not tearing him down but being realistic. I’m glad we didn’t pay him 1.5 million which is somewhere in the neighborhood of what we were prepared to pay Reed should he returned. Paying that to an unproven 16 year old would not have been wise.
Yeah…you’re right. We should all be glad our top recruit is heading west of here. We need to keep our larder of NIL. Who needs good players?

I wonder how long this highest bidder, enormous amount of money will last. Are the companies/donors really getting a good ROI from it? How many will purchase a product or support a business just because a player that last a year or so at a school is sponsored by them? Also, how many will avoid supporting a business due to NIL participation?
Apparently Mitch McConnell’s Federal Reserve buddies are printing UL NIL money

I didn’t say one single word about Kentucky.

But I absolutely would not give that kid what his daddy is asking for but k like is dumb enough too
So, if the market soars and it’s gonna take some serious change to get the top players then…what do you suggest we do. You’ve seen it all major sports (and, let’s face it…that’s we we are now dealing with) prices for players just escalates. Once a player passes a certain barrier then everyone else wants more. You’ve seen it mentioned all over this board that we have a great NIL program. Why keep that money in our pocket when we need to grab a franchise player?

Yeah…you’re right. We should all be glad our top recruit is heading west of here. We need to keep our larder of NIL. Who needs good players?
I trust Pope is spreading our NIL around more wisely than to blow a huge junk on 1 sixteen-year-old kid who is unproven. Haven't you learned anything from the last several years of watching these young kids try to lead Kentucky to wins vs older and more experienced players. Not to mention if UL does pay him 1.5 Million how is that going to set in with their other players who are more proven and not getting close to that? Pope will build this team the right way. Emphasis put on TEAM. Some on here just have to be negative all the time and also are more loyal to Cal than Kentucky. It shows in their posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: westerncat
You’re really endearing yourself to those of us who live in Louisville. Every city has its bad parts, but there are many beautiful and historical areas in Louisville. Fortunately, I do not have to drive in rush hour traffic.

---
No. Im saying none of them are worth voting for, and the ones we were allowed to vote for haven’t done anything of worth.

I don’t toe party lines though. The only constant is the American people (KY more than most) get shat upon.

I trust Pope is spreading our NIL around more wisely than to blow a huge junk on 1 sixteen-year-old kid who is unproven. Haven't you learned anything from the last several years of watching these young kids try to lead Kentucky to wins vs older and more experienced players. Not to mention is UL does pay him 1.5 Million how is that going to set in with their other players who are more proven and not getting close to that? Pope will build this team the right way. Emphasis put on TEAM. Some on here just have to be negative all the time and also are more loyal to Cal than Kentucky. It shows in their posts.
Not being negative at all and no one was happier to see the snake oil salesman pack up and leave. Maybe I’m just getting anxious to get this ship back on track. If using NIL is the new way of getting quality players, and we can afford to do so….why don’t we? All of us here know that when you get a top player into your program, that guy serves as a bell cow for other great players. We’ve lived that life for many years now. Let’s get us a dude and we’ll attract more dudes.

Not being negative at all and no one was happier to see the snake oil salesman pack up and leave. Maybe I’m just getting anxious to get this ship back on track. If using NIL is the new way of getting quality players, and we can afford to do so….why don’t we? All of us here know that when you get a top player into your program, that guy serves as a bell cow for other great players. We’ve lived that life for many years now. Let’s get us a dude and we’ll attract more dudes.
You said it best in "We lived the life for many years now". I think the new successful model with teams and players is going to be more of the UCONN model. Yes you offer some NIL to good players but you recruit to a system and fill those slots with the best players that will compliment your system and not the over-hyped high schoolers and their handlers who once they are paid the big bucks just spend their one year and don't care about how far they go in the NCAA Tourney. They are just looking at getting paid while in college, being done as soon as possible so they can move on to the NBA. Let's be honest most of these kids don't want to do homework or listen to professors. They wouldn't even be in college if they weren't made to and that was in their best interest money wise and NBA wise. Kentucky has a good NIL bag but it would be foolish in my opinion to use 30% or more on an unproven kid. That is why a lot of teams are backing away from JQ.

Reactions: MTsandfly
You are way off base with everything except some road repair. You must have been in the worst part of the west end or the far west outskirts of Louisville to make that statement. Great city and easy to get around in even when traffic is heavy. Geez.

So, if the market soars and it’s gonna take some serious change to get the top players then…what do you suggest we do. You’ve seen it all major sports (and, let’s face it…that’s we we are now dealing with) prices for players just escalates. Once a player passes a certain barrier then everyone else wants more. You’ve seen it mentioned all over this board that we have a great NIL program. Why keep that money in our pocket when we need to grab a franchise player?
UK wants Osobor because he's right now is better than a freshman JQ. WTF is so hard to understand here?

You are way off base with everything except some road repair. You must have been in the worst part of the west end or the far west outskirts of Louisville to make that statement. Great city and easy to get around in even when traffic is heavy. Geez.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Fact is I go to every part of the city and barely spend any time in the west end, parts of which do indeed make Marlo Stanfield’s neighborhood in “The Wire” look like Plum Hill in Floyd’s Knobs. But back to the rest of the city- Shively, PRP, Valley Station, and everything off Taylor blvd. all look like bombed out war zones. Roads are always torn up causing delays and detours, trash all over the major roads all the time, no real effort put forth for greenscaping, graffiti everywhere, downtown full of crime and homeless, daily shootings in parts of town that used to be respectable. That’s why there is a mass exodus out of Jefferson County going on. Bullitt Co. sucks too but even it is nicer than Jefferson. Butchertown stinks to high heaven. Oldham/Shelby are great, but I stand by my claim that the city by and large is horrible. I’ve been to cities 4x larger than Louisville that are cleaner on the whole. It’s a disgrace. Louisville has all the problems of a much larger city, and very few attractions that you can’t get in a much smaller city TBH.

---

I think he’s saying the party most people in Kentucky vote for always wins, but things never change. We’ve been bottom 10 in most categories my entire life and I’m not young.

And, in my lifetime both parties have been in charge and both did an equally shitty job of running the state.

It’s almost like they’re on the same team and don’t care as long as their wallets are fat.

Reactions: MTsandfly and Wonky
Some asshat on here got all pissy vagina hurt that I talked down to him over living in that shitty city.. That's all I said,, it was a shitty city,, and it 100% is a shitty city..
Louisville has it's good and bad points like any other larger city. Saying it's a shitty city is your opinion but doesn't make it fact.
Spent tons of time in Louisville and Lexington. Rather live in or around Louisville personally.
Lexington is a nice town but also offers a much, much smaller selection of restaurants, museums, zoos, nightlife, housing, entertainment etc than Louisville does.
There are tons of cool things to do just outside Louisville as well.
You don't have to bash one to like the other. It's really an apples/oranges comparison.

Reactions: kyboy1998
You’re entitled to your opinion. Fact is I go to every part of the city and barely spend any time in the west end, parts of which do indeed make Marlo Stanfield’s neighborhood in “The Wire” look like Plum Hill in Floyd’s Knobs. But back to the rest of the city- Shively, PRP, Valley Station, and everything off Taylor blvd. all look like bombed out war zones. Roads are always torn up causing delays and detours, trash all over the major roads all the time, no real effort put forth for greenscaping, graffiti everywhere, downtown full of crime and homeless, daily shootings in parts of town that used to be respectable. That’s why there is a mass exodus out of Jefferson County going on. Bullitt Co. sucks too but even it is nicer than Jefferson. Butchertown stinks to high heaven. Oldham/Shelby are great, but I stand by my claim that the city by and large is horrible. I’ve been to cities 4x larger than Louisville that are cleaner on the whole. It’s a disgrace. Louisville has all the problems of a much larger city, and very few attractions that you can’t get in a much smaller city TBH.
I've got family in Bullitt and friends in Oldham.
Really depends on where you live in both whether it sucks or not.
You obviously haven't spent much time in the really nice parts of Bullitt if you say it sucks.
Mount Washington is a super nice little town that offers a lot for young families. Great schools and really nice neighborhoods that I sure as hell can't afford.
Cedar Grove is a really nice area as well that is growing like crazy. Golf course homes and a 15 minute drive for UPS workers/pilots or 5 minute drive for Amazon jobs. Near Bernheim Forest as well.
Parts of Shepherdsville have improved tons over the years too. The Brooks area and parts of Hillview aren't all great but there are crappy sections in any county.
Not nearly as much difference between Oldham and Bullitt as there used to be. Oldham has shitty sections too but they are off the main roads. Trust me... I've got family in Oldham and every neighborhood out there ain't so hot either. Some are crackhead city.

Reactions: Blue-ish
I think it’s a shame to let rivalry stuff hurt our well being as a state. You can believe it’s a shitty city, but even if you do, wouldn’t it help to be constructive about it? If you think it’s shitty or run down, doesn’t that just mean there is more opportunity to improve it? Othering Louisville as a city doesn’t help anyone, certainly not the state. If our state was functioning on all cylinders, everyone would be building each other up, not tearing each other down.
I've always felt it was a part of Indiana,, trashy city for a trashy state.. Its a cess pool of sheeeeet.. When I say I hate UL fans,, I really mean it to the point that I fkn hate anything Louisville.. Including the city..

I've always felt it was a part of Indiana,, trashy city for a trashy state.. Its a cess pool of sheeeeet.. When I say I hate UL fans,, I really mean it to the point that I fkn hate anything Louisville.. Including the city..
It really isn't that bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT