ADVERTISEMENT

It's way past time for Calipari to get a huge fine from the league office.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
He should go on a rant in a post game press conference about how the league is allowing the likely SEC player of the year and potentially the national POY to be treated by refs. The poor guy gets beat to death every night. I remember when Grant Williams got the MVP treatment and people were called for a foul if they looked at him. I mean he shot 23 free throws at Vandy once. Teams have adopted the hack a Shaq defense and the refs are letting them and complaining during the game just cost us a technical.

I remember one play where they showed a replay from the baseline and he was fouled on his shot with no call, got the rebound and was hacked on the arm causing him to drop the ball with no call, got it back and went up for a 2nd shot and fouled with no call. Maybe he should start throwing his head back, flailing his arms and falling to the ground because it seems to work for John "The Incredible Fu*k" Fulkerson.

qiPUIDS.jpg

There is a graphic floating around somewhere on the message board about fouls called and home court advantage. It was proven to be true last night. Now Refs weren't the reason we lost last night there is a long list of reasons why but add last nights absolutely incompetent officiating crew and it made it just that much harder to overcome.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
There is a graphic floating around somewhere on the message board about fouls called and home court advantage. It was proven to be true last night. Now Refs weren't the reason we lost last night there is a long list of reasons why but add last nights absolutely incompetent officiating crew and it made it just that much harder to overcome.
When they saw we had the slightest chance to comeback it bacame the Doug Shows show. No they weren’t the reason we lost. But they made damn sure we had no chance in the second half.

The issue is if Cal did roast the SEC and the officials, the SEC would do nothing and the refs would hate Cal even more than they already do.

Coaches need band together and take a stand against the officials. SEC officials are complete trash. But, officials across the board are horrible. If officials want to make the game about them, they should have to answer to the media.

I was impressed with the 7' freshman center Aidoo for Tennessee. He's going to be a force next year

Jesus. Officiating had zero impact on the game. Oscar fouled when he fouled. Plain and simple.
I am not saying we lost because of officials but do you don't think Oscar was fouled any last night that it wasn't called? My point is this happens every game and because Oscar is so big and strong the refs are letting him get beat to death before they call anything.

Fulkerson knew this was prolly his last shot at Kentucky so he tripped, grabbed and pulled people down to the floor with him all night. That's what you do when you can't keep up, he's almost another Grayson Allen.
Did you see the play where he set a hard but legal screen on Sahvir knocking him to the floor and then Fulkerson fell hoping to get a foul called on Sahvir. I hate that guy. 😂

I am not saying we lost because of officials but do you don't think Oscar was fouled any last night that it wasn't called? My point is this happens every game and because Oscar is so big and strong the refs are letting him get beat to death before they call anything.
He was fouled. He is every game. And I don’t think it is a UK thing. When you are stronger that everyone else ref’s seem to think you can take more from your opp.

The issue is if Cal did roast the SEC and the officials, the SEC would do nothing and the refs would hate Cal even more than they already do.

Coaches need band together and take a stand against the officials. SEC officials are complete trash. But, officials across the board are horrible. If officials want to make the game about them, they should have to answer to the media.
Dude, you’re probably a really good guy, and I enjoy your post, but you’re trying to make sense out of nonsense figuring out the officials.

Any sport that has organized gambling associated with it, will all have the same issues. The league, the officials, the coaches, and key players do what they do (for the most part) to assure the betting institutions stay profitable. I know a lot of people can’t stand when I say that, but sometimes the truth sucks. And that’s the truth of the matter.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If i was a coach and a ref keep making egregious. I would say "You're a horrible ref!!! You should be fired!!" It's worth getting thrown out.

Did you see the play where he set a hard but legal screen on Sahvir knocking him to the floor and then Fulkerson fell hoping to get a foul called on Sahvir. I hate that guy. 😂
He knows all the little dirty tricks to get fouls called on people. He is not a very good actor but you don’t have to be in Knoxville. Did Anyone else notice Fulkerson hop skip and jump when he went after that ball on that scrum, he took 5 steps before he went crashing in to our bench, then got shitty with our trainer when he tried to help him up. Fulkerson is always in the middle of that kind of activity.

Last edited:

Wade and Pearl love them, they are most likely greasing pockets, they do it with players, why not officials!

This game was less about the officials, which I might add definitely sucked, and more about effort and execution. Tennessee played much harder. They gave a ton of effort. Throw in the fact that TyTy was not 100% and only played about eight minutes and that’s why we lost. No use blaming the referees on this one

That's Oscar's game. He's a wrestler and fighter. It's part of basketball in the pit. To be honest, the coaches have done an amazing job with him in a short time to keep him out of foul trouble. Bam is an amazing inspiring player. Drawing attention to him by coaches whining and bawling about the refs is probably pretty stupid.

This game was less about the officials, which I might add definitely sucked, and more about effort and execution. Tennessee played much harder. They gave a ton of effort. Throw in the fact that TyTy was not 100% and only played about eight minutes and that’s why we lost. No use blaming the referees on this one
I agree this game wasn't about the officials but in general Oscar gets mugged every game and yet only shoots 4.5 free throws per game. Scotty Pippen Jr leads the SEC with 7.3 per game.

Dude, you’re probably a really good guy, and I enjoy your post, but you’re trying to make sense out of nonsense figuring out the officials.

Any sport that has organized gambling associated with it, will all have the same issues. The league, the officials, the coaches, and key players do what they do (for the most part) to assure the betting institutions stay profitable. I know a lot of people can’t stand when I say that, but sometimes the truth sucks. And that’s the truth of the matter.
I also think YOU are probably a good guy but you are just wrong on this smh. Gambling institutions don’t make their money from who wins and loses. It just doesn’t work like that. Do some research. There has always been that rogue cheater in almost every sport but it isn’t commonplace like so many try to say it is. Peace.

Reactions: Blisterpac
One UT rebound the guy pushed Oscar with 2 hands in the back clear as day. No whistle. If that were reversed they would have called him for the foul immediately.

Reactions: AGEE11

It’s why I quit watching college ball a long time ago. Only watch the Cats.

Reactions: cathouse

More? More? Look around you, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell.

There is too much truth to this.

Coaches need band together and take a stand against the officials.

Will never happen. The rest of the SEC benefits too much from UK being screwed over by the officials every year. That's how they get teams on the cusp into the tourney. I expect at least one more like last night, IF there is anyone left that can be boosted into the NCAAs. It'll happen either in the regular season or the tourney.

SEC officials are complete trash. But, officials across the board are horrible. If officials want to make the game about them, they should have to answer to the media.
Absolutely

So you say it’s all like the WWE, and everybody is in on it? Brilliant that they’ve been able to pull the wool over the FBI all these years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT