ADVERTISEMENT

You have to start taking some things away from Calipari

Blueworld_3.0

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2008
As a AD facing a monumental buyout, you take control of NIL away from Calipari and create a "NIL Director" or whatever you want to call him/her.
Then, you take scheduling away from Calipari (unless that is stipulated in his contract) and start putting UK back into some of the high profile holiday tournaments.
You eliminate at least one assistant coach position and force Calipari to cut some dead weight.
And if possible you start cutting the basketball dept. budget for ancillary things that do nothing but, make the coach look good...luncheons, photo ops, basketball camps, etc.
Of course, this is asking a LOT of a weasel like Barnhart but, it's the path I would take if I wasn't going to fire the turd. Hopefully, all of these things help push Calipari to either resign or retire before his contract expires.

dont-you-know-duct-tape-fixes-everything

This would be a start.

Then...

major-league-hot-tub.gif

These boys are too coddled. Toughen them up!

As a AD facing a monumental buyout, you take control of NIL away from Calipari and create a "NIL Director" or whatever you want to call him/her.
Then, you take scheduling away from Calipari (unless that is stipulated in his contract) and start putting UK back into some of the high profile holiday tournaments.
You eliminate at least one assistant coach position and force Calipari to cut some dead weight.
And if possible you start cutting the basketball dept. budget for ancillary things that do nothing but, make the coach look good...luncheons, photo ops, basketball camps, etc.
Of course, this is asking a LOT of a weasel like Barnhart but, it's the path I would take if I wasn't going to fire the turd. Hopefully, all of these things help push Calipari to either resign or retire before his contract expires.
Post-season pro day that comes w/ stipulations (only players who actually played would be an obvious one)...that'll be the straw to break his back

Take away that country club the school is paying for

I agree TOTALLY with this. I would go even further by REQUIRING Cal to meet ALL the aspects of his contract!!

-No more skipping out on Press Conferences by sending one of your assistants out instead of YOU.
-No more disparaging the fans and media with those condescending comments during the Press Conferences.
-Being as forthcoming as possible about player injuries, instead of being cute about them.
-Requiring Cal to have weekly meetings with the AD about the direction of the program and defining that by giving reasons for the teams success OR failure at the present time.
-Mitch or someone from the AD department present at EVERY practice to evaluate what things are being worked on.
-WINNING at the highest level will ACTUALLY take precedence over EVERY other thing DURING the season!!! Then AFTER that, the players future will be the TOP priority. Like it was the first 10 seasons.
-Mitch setting parameters for what IS considered to be the HIGHEST level of success for this team.

And if EVERY little thing in Cal's contract is NOT adhered to PRECISELY, then that will be grounds for dismissal!!!!

Time to play HARDBALL with this Carpetbagger!!!!

I agree but that isn’t going happen because Mitch is Cal’s bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
I agree TOTALLY with this. I would go even further by REQUIRING Cal to meet ALL the aspects of his contract!!

-No more skipping out on Press Conferences by sending one of your assistants out instead of YOU.
-No more disparaging the fans and media with those condescending comments during the Press Conferences.
-Being as forthcoming as possible about player injuries, instead of being cute about them.
-Requiring Cal to have weekly meetings with the AD about the direction of the program and defining that by giving reasons for the teams success OR failure at the present time.
-Mitch or someone from the AD department present at EVERY practice to evaluate what things are being worked on.
-WINNING at the highest level will ACTUALLY take precedence over EVERY other thing DURING the season!!! Then AFTER that, the players future will be the TOP priority. Like it was the first 10 seasons.
-Mitch setting parameters for what IS considered to be the HIGHEST level of success for this team.

And if EVERY little thing in Cal's contract is NOT adhered to PRECISELY, then that will be grounds for dismissal!!!!

Time to play HARDBALL with this Carpetbagger!!!!
Yup ... he's definitely a carpetbagger.

Reactions: catben
I'm on board with the scheduling and playing in tournaments like the Maui again.

Assistants need to be replaced with people who aren't yes men but qualified coaches who bring something to the table more than an empty bench seat to collect a paycheck. Ones who are smart in-game x's/o's coach, break down film and ones who can recruit. Would be scouting potential transfers getting a jump start with the extra time after flaming out early instead of partying downtown or on a mini vacation like CCC in NJ.

The biggest change has to be Cal himself and do some serious reflecting in the mirror. However, people with the ego he has are unlikely to do so. So we are stuck in the same cycle year after year.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT