ADVERTISEMENT

It's OK to hope we can sign Jaylen Brown !

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
In his famous poem, An Essay on Man, the English poet Alexander Pope wrote:
“Hope springs eternal in the human breast . . . .”

I’m going to prove to all of y’all that Mr. Pope was correct, because I’m going to tell you a fact that I have just discovered that has renewed my hope that we might sign Jaylen Brown.

As I do most every night, I Googled Jaylen Brown to see if there was any news about him, and I found a very nice picture of Jaylen and his prom date, Te’a Cooper. I must say, they look very happy – a very attractive young couple. So, you say … what does that have to do with U.K. being able to snag Jaylen Brown to play for the ‘Cats ? Here’s the answer:

Te’a Cooper is the No. 7 ranked PG in the country in women’s HS basketball. Te’a Cooper has signed to play college ball at the University of Tennessee.

As we all know it’s about 175 miles from Lexington to Knoxville – less than a three-hour drive. But it’s 770 miles and a 12-hour drive from Lawrence, Kansas to Knoxville. And, of course, it’s about 2,200 miles from Los Angeles to Knoxville – an all-day plane trip across three time zones.

The hope that springs eternal in me is (to paraphrase the late, great Sam Cooke) that Cupid has drawn back his bow and has let his arrow flow straight through the hearts of Jaylen Brown and Te’a Cooper, and that Jaylen will decide that he’d rather spend his one year of college in Lexington – less than three hours up I-75 from Te’a – rather than in Lawrence, KS or in L.A.

Come on, Jaylen . . . sign with the ‘Cats so you can be relatively close to Ms. Te’a for the next year – before you have to start traveling all over the country in The League ! You know that’ll be better for ya !

Go ‘Cats !

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Hopefully one of our idiot friends will tweet that to him and see if thats a hint lol. Others will start the plane tracking to see where cal and brown maybe.

I have always thought the girlfriend connection and what not would play a bigger role in recruiting as well, but it never has seemed to be the case. I can't think off the top of my head right now who, but it seems like there has been a few more of these instances where a girlfriend lived close or something of that nature. One would think that could play heavy on a ballaz' heart.

Or better yet he signs with the Cats and realizes how sick the obsession some have with the players and perks of actual celebrity and laughs at the notion of traveling 3 hours for tail.

If that was the case he would sign with Tenn. He's going to college away from her, plenty of pretty students

This is not a prediction, but just some information. My local high school is Wheeler, where Jaylen attends. Yesterday, the Wheeler football kids were fundraising in my neighborhood so I asked them where they thought Jaylen would go to school. I expected them to say an Adidas school, but the two schools mentioned were UK and UNC. Also, I found this.... http://www.bruinsnation.com/2015/4/21/8462879/jaylen-brown-and-ucla-elite-recruting-rumor
I dunno. I like what that guy said, but......

This is not a prediction, but just some information. My local high school is Wheeler, where Jaylen attends. Yesterday, the Wheeler football kids were fundraising in my neighborhood so I asked them where they thought Jaylen would go to school. I expected them to say an Adidas school, but the two schools mentioned were UK and UNC. Also, I found this.... http://www.bruinsnation.com/2015/4/21/8462879/jaylen-brown-and-ucla-elite-recruting-rumor
Article said UK has a 90% chance to land Brown. Ulis, Briscoe, Brown, AP,and Skal. Throw the ball out and lets go get 9. GBB

Article said UK has a 90% chance to land Brown. Ulis, Briscoe, Brown, AP,and Skal. Throw the ball out and lets go get 9. GBB
That was not an article. That was a fan typing way too much than anyone should have read.

UK can pay, provide get out of class free cards, and promise the ability to compete for a national title, but you still have to live in Lexington; and Lexington is not Westwood.

Reactions: brianpoe
That was not an article. That was a fan typing way too much than anyone should have read.

UK can pay, provide get out of class free cards, and promise the ability to compete for a national title, but you still have to live in Lexington; and Lexington is not Westwood.
The fan / writer of the article said he based his opinion on info from someone connected with the UCLA program. He also said Alford is not doing so well developing the elite kids. Atleast, his point of view is more honest and not as biased as Pat Forde, Thamel, and some of the other professional journalists that cover UK. GBB

I agree with Brown to UK but not with paying players and not with Lexington being Westwood.

Cal said many times that his dignity can't be bought

We have a good of shot as anyone and seem to be the leader for guys like Diallo and Mulder and possibly Murray so yes only a fool would not hope . Kid is a total mystery but i am a optimistic sort .

An optimistic sort??? You're the most optimistic fan I know, Cane. But, I'm with ya, and hoping we do get all those guys plus Brown!!!!

Reactions: SosaUK

That could be nominated and could win the BS article of the year. A guy that knows a guy. Everything in his piece is inaccurate babble.

OP, I liked your positive post. Marietta is not that far from Lexington. His folks and his girlfriend's folks would not have to travel too far to see them both play. It looks to me like he should come to play for Coach Cal and the Cats. UNC ......... meh. Yeah, come on, Jaylen, to Lexington. Come on and commit so we fans can quit stressing about it. Go Big Blue.

Reactions: CatPhight
An optimistic sort??? You're the most optimistic fan I know, Cane. But, I'm with ya, and hoping we do get all those guys plus Brown!!!!
Yes i am . But really i seem more so on here as i feel i have to combat the over the top negativity , which sucks. But all things considered i don't expect to get Brown but if we do i would be over the moon . But i will be upset if we miss on the 3 it looks good for .

ADVERTISEMENT