ADVERTISEMENT

Is Edey good or just big?

Just don’t eat the fruit!!

Dont Do It Kyle Broflovski Sticker - Dont Do It Kyle Broflovski South Park Stickers

Last edited:
He's both.

We used to have a guy who was 7'3" named Alleyne, and he was horrible. Largeness itself is not formula for success. Just ask our three seven footers.

Got to give credit to Edey. He uses his physicality to produce and now his team is in the Final Four.

Last edited:
Probably wont be a great NBA player but he would have easily been the best big at UK if he played for us. Imagine AB Tre Z or UGO trying to defend him. They would get tossed around like rag dolls.

Both. Just because he doesn’t have flashy skills doesn’t mean he ain’t skilled.

One thing I’ve long noticed about him that doesn’t get mentioned much is how good his hands are. Bad hands are often a problem with “super big” guys. But not Edey. That dude catches everything thrown at him. He doesn’t get stripped. He never fumbles balls away.

Last edited:
He's both.

We used to have a guy who was 7'3" named Alleyne, and he was horrible. Largeness itself is not formula for success. Just as our three seven footers.

Got to give credit to Edey. He uses his physicality to produce and now his team is in the Final Four.
He is not very skilled man. He just had the body type and size to give college players fits. And the refs reward him constantly. I'm not saying he isn't fouled a lot but he gets the benefit of the doubt a lot.

He doesn't really have a mid range game, he isn't a great free throw shooter. Definitely not a threat from 3.

He's a problem because of his size and stature, nothing more. He isn't awful but if he was 6'9" no one would know his name.

Reactions: Ugoff
I don’t see Edey as being overly skilled. He’s powerful and good around the bucket, but I don’t know how effective he’ll be in the NBA.
As I stated months ago, there is nothing special about him but his size and the refs reluctance to call fouls on him. He has nothing to offer the NBA. How could he even come close to guarding athletic NBA centers in a man defense?

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Probably wont be a great NBA player but he would have easily been the best big at UK if he played for us. Imagine AB Tre Z or UGO trying to defend him. They would get tossed around like rag dolls.
If he played for UK, he would foul out of every game.

Edey looks good, but he needs to keep the ball higher. He got the ball taken away too often by smaller players. I am not sure how his game translates to the NBA, they don't let you park in the post for 20 seconds at the next level.

Reactions: NostraDanis
Edey looks good, but he needs to keep the ball higher. He got the ball taken away too often by smaller players. I am not sure how his game translates to the NBA, they don't let you park in the post for 20 seconds at the next level.
I don't think he has ever been called for a lane violation.

He's the Brady of college basketball.

Talented and protected.

I hate when both combine. Just like with Brady, I want to acknowledge and respect his skill set, but goodness. He gets so much protection you just can't like the guy.
I don't know how tall you are. I'm 6'4" and I have played against my share of 5'8" guys who have no choice but to hack and shove and push. I don't call fouls because it's pickup games. Besides it was ("was" because I am old now) more fun to score on your buddies even when getting hacked.

I also have played in leagues against guys 6'10" whom I couldn't stop without doing the same. Even rec league refs called fouls, and could not complain as I knew I was guilty. My point is Edey gets abused and good refs will call the fouls. He isn't protected. He is just big, and he's good at using his height and strength.

The difference this year and some of last is he is not a liability at the foul line.

I don't know how tall you are. I'm 6'4" and I have played against my share of 5'8" guys who have no choice but to hack and shove and push. I don't call fouls because it's pickup games. Besides it was ("was" because I am old now) more fun to score on your buddies even when getting hacked.

I also have played in leagues against guys 6'10" whom I couldn't stop without doing the same. Even rec league refs called fouls, and could not complain as I knew I was guilty. My point is Edey gets abused and good refs will call the fouls. He isn't protected. He is just big, and he's good at using his height and strength.

The difference this year and some of last is he is not a liability at the foul line.
Pretty sure the man finished with zero fouls today That’s protected.

Reactions: KFuqua
He shot 20 free throws and only committed 1 foul so he must be very nimble and light on his feet. Some type of ballerina.
There is no way someone who is as slow and big as he is can play almost the entire game and only foul once. The refs just let hm get away with fouls.

Reactions: Aike
He's both.

We used to have a guy who was 7'3" named Alleyne, and he was horrible. Largeness itself is not formula for success. Just as our three seven footers.

This exactly. Remember Orbzut? (Spelling?)

He was insanely tall too and pretty awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
He's the Brady of college basketball.

Talented and protected.

I hate when both combine. Just like with Brady, I want to acknowledge and respect his skill set, but goodness. He gets so much protection you just can't like the guy.
He gets the calls Cousins and College Shaq should have got. Instead they got the “he’s so much bigger so let teams even it out w physicality.” I honestly don’t mind him getting the calls bc if it’s a foul then call it, but consistency would be nice. Only other dude to get calls was the golden child Psycho T bc that’s bc he was a UNC guy and the medias fetish.

His NBA potential is limited because back to the basket post up scorers who can’t at least somewhat guard outside the paint are close to extinct there, but as a college player, he’s good. The size certainly helps, but he has the hands, footwork, and touch close to the basket to take full advantage of it.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He's both.

This. If just being that huge was enough, then guys like Jared Carter and Shagari Alleyne would’ve been stars at UK.

But instead they were unplayably awful.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
This. If just being that huge was enough, then guys like Jared Carter and Shagari Alleyne would’ve been stars at UK.

But instead they were unplayably awful.
That had a lot to do with the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT