ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Tweet

Pilgrim addressed it on other board.

"The stories are either totally inaccurate or hyperbolized versions of reality.

- There wasn't a fistfight in the locker room, it was a tense heat-of-the-moment argument at halftime that got shut down quickly. That happens with every school, every team, every year. The timing sucks -- obviously you'd prefer to avoid it in the biggest game of the year -- but it had nothing to do with the final result. And once the game was over, the season was over. There are bigger fish to fry at that point.
- The "NCAA investigation" was a brief period of staff questioning that led to nothing. They were falsely accused and quickly cleared.
- Antonio Reeves considered transferring because he and his family were worried about playing second fiddle to the freshmen (and what that would mean for draft stock and NIL). As I mentioned throughout that process, this was his last go-round and they didn't want to risk not getting a fair shot.
- I was made aware of a single instance where one NIL payment did not go through to a single player. I reached out to someone close to said player, who said it was a miscommunication and it had been handled, completely satisfied.
- Have not been shy about discussing the Klutch dynamic this season and last, was the first one to address the USC speculation during the offseason (which was 100% true, said it both then and still confirm it now).
- Understand the KSR dynamic with John Calipari and how laughable it is that his closest assistants would be my sources. Or that I would have any reason to "paint them as heroes."

Like I have said this whole time.

Lots of people in this thread jumping the gun to believe a jizz meme over actual people close to the program.

I'm gonna need some evidence that any of this is true because I watched this team all year and the one common theme was always that you could tell this team loved each other. I don't doubt the NIL stuff but some of this other stuff sounds crazy.

Then again I'm not on twitter. Is twitter generally known as a hub for truthful news?
It is more reliable than Facebook or youtube.

Like I have said this whole time.

Lots of people in this thread jumping the gun to believe a jizz meme over actual people close to the program.

If all this stuff didn't happen it makes the disaster of a season even worse IMO. Cal is an effing joke.

SIAP

EDIT - adding that I have no idea if all of this is true, but there are definitely parts of it that have been talked about.

You put a spineless liberal like Calipari in charge of anything & it's just a matter of time they will ruin it. The crap that he let Shaedon Sharpe pull, the lack of tournament success & now this. Why am I not surprised

Reactions: Fox2monk
There are 3 things in that Tweet that have had enough smoke (and some confirmation), that they are likely true:

1. Reeves and NIL - this has come out as pretty much a fact
2. Chin - it's come out that one of the assistants likes frequenting the bars, and everything has pointed to Chin
3. Collective running out of money has been a topic of conversation prior to this coming out

Gregg Darbyshire is probably connected to #3, so there is possibly smoke around the Darbyshire, Chin, Orlando thing.
I'm really surprised at Chin. Seems like Gilespie Jr. (supposedly a "basketball guru", loved the game and apparently loves to barhop more).

No more hiring of "basketball gurus". It's never worked out for us. That being said, I'm not sure of the validity of this statement either. BUT it's not the first time I've heard the Chin "rumors".

You all will cling to whatever drama-filled tweet comes your way even when it is filled with falsehoods...
The whole program is and has been a shit show since 2020. This isn’t some far fetched conspiracy, in fact some of it has been confirmed by many people. It’s easy to believe and I’d bet it did happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT